Page 357 of 440 FirstFirst ... 257307347353354355356357358359360361367407 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,355 of 6586
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    They do have great designs. I'm very fond of the fat spider one.
    lol i was browsing the thread and was like, wow, these look like something i'd design...

then had a prolonged moment of brain paralysis before i remembered i did design them XD

Great Job! Hopefully they will be well used for the forseable future

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Jenkins has credited Snyder a great deal with her take on WW and most of what you wouldn't have liked was tossed by Snyder himself already. Snyder was also involved in the writing of the first film and Jenkins had full control over the second one. Johns alone wasn't the issue with 1984 and Jenkins has defended even the infamous handsome man moment.
    WW84 is all on Jenkins in my opinion, which is why if she is still directing the 3rd, I hope someone takes over the writing. WW84 to put it kindly was an absolute mess!

Incredible Member

I still don't understand how, after years of great development on Cheetah, they ended up with.....that.

Is it controversial to say you don't especially like Gal as Diana?

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    I still don't understand how, after years of great development on Cheetah, they ended up with.....that.

Well, to some here that would be blasphemous to say anything derogatory about Gal. I didn't like the initial casting of her as Diana, but she has done a decent job of it. She has gotten herself up to a 'toned' look, but not to the 'buff' fitness look I would have preferred for a modern Diana, but that might just be me.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post

No but it's not a common opinion on this board.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

My friend who wants to write about Wonder Woman without knowing anything about her. Thinkings a major issue is a lot of female friends. Lately dc has been fixing that issue and I think that's also somewhat the point. Her being friends with slightly more man heroes to counterpart her being raised with all males.

I mean while I think we all agree Diana needs to be friend with black canary again. It doesn't stop from enjoying Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    My friend who wants to write about Wonder Woman without knowing anything about her. Thinkings a major issue is a lot of female friends. Lately dc has been fixing that issue and I think that's also somewhat the point. Her being friends with slightly more man heroes to counterpart her being raised with all males.

I mean while I think we all agree Diana needs to be friend with black canary again. It doesn't stop from enjoying Wonder Woman.
    I guess Diana having too many friends that are women is controversial... idk when I read Thor or whatever I don't typically think he has too many man friends.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    I guess Diana having too many friends that are women is controversial... idk when I read Thor or whatever I don't typically think he has too many man friends.
    Yeah, this is one of those things where the first thing that comes to mind is... "how do you define too many?" Is it random quotas?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post

I think more of us Kangaliers would welcome cool, recurring male characters - specifically ones, created in the WW comic - if they didn't usurp Diana's place in the comic, ..AND if the straight ones, like Siegfried, didn't undermine the comic's exploration of LGBTQA themes. As I see it, that shouldn't be a problem with Prince Jason, ..refugee from parallel Earth-52, who happens/ed to be a bisexual man in that lost universe.

Bringing back Prince Jay, who, as a son of Zeus, can turn into a giant, living storm, and who retains the arcane secrets of the Dark Gods, might be a step in the right direction. Further, bringing back Jason might solve another problem, with an otherwise GREAT Wonderverse hero, presently going to waste in obscurity, ..switching out Achille's crappy realtor BF, with a way cooler, better one, who can turn into a dudenado, with powers.

After some consideration, on Twitter, I speculated...

YES, I can totally see an Olympian comic, WW backup or subplot with Achilles battling cosmic and supernatural forces with Prince Jay, with Argonaut training and Dark Gods' arcane secrets, backing him up as quartermaster and advisor, from the sidelines! Would YOU buy that comic?

Incidentally, I don't think Siggy should be worried about, as a threat to WWs position in the comic, no matter what his sexual orientation.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 09-22-2022 at 10:39 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah, this is one of those things where the first thing that comes to mind is... "how do you define too many?" Is it random quotas?
    Yeah, it's basically the idea that men are the norm and women (and any other demographic) are, essentially, spice to make things interesting. They're the accessories, but if you don't have enough dudes, well **** is suddenly political!

She grew up on an island of women for a very, very long time. It stands to reason that she'd largely hang out with other gals. It's not like she doesn't have a ton of male friends she spends time with on the Justice League. She should be friends with heroes like Black Canary, Supergirl, Power Girl, Zatanna and so on. Hell, none of them even have ongoings so it'd be nice to see them show up somewhere and that kills two birds with one stone. But alas, to some the idea of Wonder Woman being a book about women is frustrating.

That said, I do think it'd be cool to see Diana team up more with her JL colleagues on a one-on-one basis. I'd say the same of most those characters, though. I just miss team-ups, dammit.

Maybe Diana should be the anchor character to a new volume of DC Comics Presents? I've long held Nightwing as a good anchor for a new volume (or The Brave and the Bold), but Diana is an equally apt choice. Flesh out her relationship with other popular characters!
    Last edited by Robanker; 09-23-2022 at 08:06 PM.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

I've never understood the insistence that WW needed more men in her supporting cast. I'm not Black but I would never say that Black Panther's comics should introduce more strong non-Black characters, and I would VERY vocally resist the idea of a magical white Wakandan who was vastly more powerful than everyone there except for T'Challa. Nearly every other comic is all about white people, I have no desire to see that in a book that's built around empowering a specific marginalized group.

WW is the same deal, and it's been built into her since day 1. Marston gave her a big supporting cast of strong women - Etta, the Holliday Girls, the Amazons - with Steve as the only man. The point was woman-centric storytelling (something that's still very uncommon, especially in comic books), a tradition Perez continued by making the goddesses her primary patrons and emphasizing her relationships with the Amazons and the Kapatelises. It's just been a constant editorial battle to maintain that tradition since, whether it was Kanigher killing off Etta and the Holliday girls or Azzarello wiping her entire supporting cast, turning the Amazons into villains, and prioritizing Papa Zeus and Uncle Ares.

Why is one book prioritizing women, their strength, and their relationships with each other too much when nearly every other story in the history of the world is all about strong men?

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Bringing back Prince Jay, who, as a son of Zeus, can turn into a giant, living storm, and who retains the arcane secrets of the Dark Gods, might be a step in the right direction. Further, bringing back Jason might solve another problem, with an otherwise GREAT Wonderverse hero, presently going to waste in obscurity. After some consideration, on Twitter, I speculated...
    The problem with Jason is that the circumstances of his birth inherently take away from Diana and the Amazons. For one thing his existence is predicated on the Daddy Zeus origin, and the problems with that have already been discussed to death. But beyond that, the Amazons' entire thing is that they went to Themyscira to escape their oppression at the hands of men. Diana represents their healing from trauma, and the fact that the child and legacy of the Amazons is a woman is essential. And that's not to mention what it says about the Amazons if Hippolyta has a son and just ships him off as a baby to fend for himself.

I know your idea is to add in some alternate universe explanation, but at that point he's not Jason anyway. If your prerogative is introducing more super-powered male characters (and LGBTQ+ ones, at that), Siggy and Achilles are both perfectly good options who don't have the same baggage.

But again, she doesn't even have a strong supporting cast of women at this point. If Achilles, Jason, and Siggy were all consistent parts of her supporting cast, her standard entourage would be 3 superpowered men, Steve, and Etta. I don't think anyone in her fanbase save for a scant few would want that, especially when her team books are all just her as the token woman among men. Also I love Robanker's idea of more team-ups with women characters who don't have their own series.
    Last edited by bardkeep; 09-24-2022 at 10:44 AM.

And if a male character is added to the champion of a distant planet where many have studied the psyhic energy that connects us. He mastered the ability to transform his psyhic energy into actual powers like astral projection, "psyhic super strength", empathetic aura and lots of other crazy astrological things. He deals with cosmic crisis of emotional energy, including plagues of depression, tornados powered by suspicion, and monsters fueled by rancor.

Also, one of the few men that dresses in a more revealing manner than Diana, even though he isn’t even a sexual being.
    (He should also be balding)

The last thing Diana's mythos needs right now is more d**ks.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    The last thing Diana's mythos needs right now is more d**ks.
    I don't know, you can never have too many. lol