Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Who team do you want on Absolute Wonder Woman?

This was coming up in general discussion thread but figured it merits it's own thread. Assuming Absolute DC isn't just another round Batman and his friends, who team would you want to write a potential Absolute Wonder Woman comic if we get one?

My picks

Writers:
    Renae De Liz
    Si Spurrier
    Ram V

Artists:
    Don't know, honestly. I don't pay attention to much other DC titles so I'm really up-to-date on most DC artists. I don't particularly for Dan Mora or Redondo but I'd also go for an artist who hasn't really drawn WW before (so no old favorites like Jimenez or Scott).

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I say give Phil Jimenez a 2nd shot at being both the writer & artist for Diana. He got a bad hand last time with all sorts of editorial interference.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Josie Campbell as the writer, Bilquis Evely as the artist.

Going to try to avoid anyone who's already worked on her but my truest, dreamiest dream team that isn't TOTALLY unreasonable would be Ram V/Bilquis Evely. Not sure if Evely would do WW again but they'd make such a killer duo and create something really lush and epic.

Ram V/Emma Rios would be great as well. Feel like those two would really jive.

Other Writers:

Si Spurrier
    Kieron Gillen
    She's far from A-list as a writer but I'd love to see Jordie Bellaire try her hand at a more mature, ambitious take

And if we can TRULY dare to dream...
    NK Jemisin
    Caitlín R. Kiernan

Other Artists:

Sana Takeda (not gonna happen but sure would be cool...)
    Stephanie Hans
    Vanesa Del Rey
    Tula Lotay

Spectacular Member

According to some of the things I've read online about this line of Absolute Comics (and it's all speculation based on "inside contacts at DC") Al Ewing is the writer of Absolute Wonder Woman and the pitch was basically Diana-as-Indiana-Jones. Nah. I'll skip it. In fact the pitches for all three of the Trinity books sounded like trash. What if Superman was more alien than human? What if Bruce Wayne wasn't really a Wayne. Granted, it's all speculation right now, but none of that sounds like a line I want to invest my time, energy or money into. I'm barely keeping an interest in the main line of books and at the moment I'm down to Superman and WW.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Art: Jason Fabok or Bruno Redondo

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

I'm a huge PKJ fan, guy can go just about any genre and has done a pretty wide range of characters. Love his stuff and would love to see what he'd do with Diana. Hell, go back to his frequent cohort on art, Federici. That would be something.

As for other artists, Bilquis has been mentioned which would be awesome. Also a big fan of Dani, though the style is not for everyone. Tula Lotay (also mentioned) is other level good and would be incredible. Not sure if she's done an ongoing before though.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Ive given a larger list in the past but just to name the ones I most want with zero chance of it actually coming true much to my dismay...

Writers
    Kurt Busiek
    Neil Gaiman
    Renae De Liz

Artists
    Szymon Kudranski
    Doc Shaner
    Stjepan Šejić

Quote Originally Posted by The I.A.D.C. View Post
    According to some of the things I've read online about this line of Absolute Comics (and it's all speculation based on "inside contacts at DC") Al Ewing is the writer of Absolute Wonder Woman and the pitch was basically Diana-as-Indiana-Jones. Nah. I'll skip it. In fact the pitches for all three of the Trinity books sounded like trash. What if Superman was more alien than human? What if Bruce Wayne wasn't really a Wayne. Granted, it's all speculation right now, but none of that sounds like a line I want to invest my time, energy or money into. I'm barely keeping an interest in the main line of books and at the moment I'm down to Superman and WW.
    Don't know how true those rumors but that WW pitch doesn't sound so bad to, tbh.

Where are those rumors coming from?

I'm not sure what Indiana Jones type could mean, but an Al Ewing book about Diana as a super-adventurer trotting around dealing with gods and magic sounds like a blast.

Whaaaat? That's a great pitch.

So what’s this now? Ultimate Wonder Woman? Like earth 2?

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    So what’s this now? Ultimate Wonder Woman? Like earth 2?
    From what I understand, with several DC heroes nearing public domain mode, DC is supposedly trying to push out new iterations of the heroes with origins and designs radically different from the golden age versions so that they have something wholly under their control to latch onto that is potentially popular enough to become the mainstay in the event that anyones able to make a more successful outing with those elements in the public domain than DC has been able to do.

Already did this on the general discussion, I mantain what I said. But I'm still doubting there'll be any non-Batman characters on this at all.

Ummmmm? That's not a bad pitch at all. Baby, Al Ewing just rules hard, and if we have to trust on an author giving us sapphic Wonder Woman, it's going to be him (he's bisexual, openly suports the LGTB community, puts LGTB characters on his stories, and respects pronouns). Ewing on Wonder Woman is, in fact, one of the best scenarios a wonderfan could dream of.

That would be neat if true. I was under the impression that Ewing had an exclusivity contract with Marvel so I didn't think that was possible.

Marc Andreyko would be a nice one to get as well