Page 109 of 438 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 6569

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I think I'd rather she train Kara and not Kon.
    What reason would she have to do that? Supergirl has more experience than Superman.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I'm speaking specifically of normal bullets and the fact she can be harmed by them but he can't.
    well golden age bullets and bracelets were just for fun as part of Amazon training. She said I love playing this! I don't see the problem with her being equally strong as him I always thought she was growing up like martson intended. I think they should show her travel speed more & lightning power. Alot of ppl don't know she's fast

Quote Originally Posted by TheManhunterfromMars View Post
    Not a fan of Amazons or Wonder Woman´ island. It seems pretty unnecessary, it´d work better if Diana is (kinda cliche, but still) the last amazon or one of the few alive (I want Artemis, Cassie and Donna safe), really, Amazons always lose wars in comic book sagas, not only that, their philosophy is gross (about men hater, knowing they kill childs)
    This is why Azzarello's take was so damaging despite it's popularity among non-fans and critical acclaim. There are now people who actually believe such lies about the Amazons.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    What reason would she have to do that? Supergirl has more experience than Superman.
    No she doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    well golden age bullets and bracelets were just for fun as part of Amazon training. She said I love playing this! I don't see the problem with her being equally strong as him I always thought she was growing up like martson intended. I think they should show her travel speed more & lightning power. Alot of ppl don't know she's fast
    You'd have to be super fast to deflect bullets, but I agree there should be more feats of speed. Nicola Scott showed it well during the mall scene in Rebirth but there hasn't been much since.

I think Diana being vulnerable to guns is only linked to her expertise at Bullets & Bracelets, it's her thing. Without that weakness she's doing it just for show or fun which makes it less useful and frivolous.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Not a fan of Amazons or Wonder Woman´ island. It seems pretty unnecessary, it´d work better if Diana is (kinda cliche, but still) the last amazon or one of the few alive (I want Artemis, Cassie and Donna safe), really, Amazons always lose wars in comic book sagas, not only that, their philosophy is gross (about men hater, knowing they kill childs)
    When written correctly, they don't kill men or children. They just want to be left alone. Only one specific version has them do this.
    They discriminate against men and don't allow them to live on their island, but it's hard to blame them when the last time they lived in Man's World their reputations were slandered, their home was destroyed and then they were enslaved, beaten and raped by men.

BANNED

Literally Wonder Woman, one of them, works along with men, and they must know of Diana´s boyfriends. So... what? Diana is a betrayer? She is no longer an amazon ´cause she likes as friends and lovers men? There´s literally no reason to amazons stay so closed, also Amazons also had female foes as Circe, who also killed plenty of them. They really can look Superman the most pure man alive and say: "he surely must be a rapist, his crime was born?"

Literally Wonder Woman, one of them, works along with men, and they must know of Diana´s boyfriends. So... what? Diana is a betrayer? She is no longer an amazon ´cause she likes as friends and lovers men? There´s literally no reason to amazons stay so closed, also Amazons also had female foes as Circe, who also killed plenty of them. They really can look Superman the most pure man alive and say: "he surely must be a rapist, his crime was born?"
    The discrimination against men was a prejudice they were depicted as having to overcome, which they did for the most part, thought it took a while. The Amazons aren't blind to women being evil but their history with men is a lot less pleasant. That they were slandered while the guy who had them enslaved an raped was revered as a hero didn't help. And none of the Amazons to my memory ever had an issue with Superman. Not on the basis of him being a man anyway.

No one outside of Azzarello's Amazons have ever treated all men as rapists (and I can't say Azzarello's Amazons did, either, but they were pretty abhorrent)

They lived in a society 3000 years ago where women were beyond just secondary citizens, and when they decided that they would then form their own society, they were beaten, raped and enslaved for the crime of existing.

Not all men were rapists and slavers, but men as a whole were, at best, indifferent to their plight. They either didn't care or they supported the behavior of men. So they left.

Over the years in comics, several men have come to Themyscira, and none of them were automatically called or treated as murderers and rapists, but the Amazons didn't trust them. Why should they? Every man they knew in the outside world treated them like dirt.

This is the main reason why I cannot back Azzarello's version of the Amazons - baby killing man-haters aren't what the Amazons are about. Ironically, the DC Amazons are treated much like the Amazons of myth - written as horrible people by men

The Amazons before and after new 52 are generally (Amazons Attack notwithstanding) a race of cultured, peaceful women who train as warriors to defend themselves and/or to guard the gate to hell. They seek to live in harmony with their surroundings and see men, due to past experiences, as disruptive to their way of life. Depending upon the writer, this has been depicted a number of ways, at best demonstrating that the Amazons are individuals - some fear men, others have regained their confidence and don't have any fear any longer, while others hate men for what was done to them.

However, I can't recall any depictions where any friend/partner of Diana's was ever treated as a default murderer/rapist.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

You have a very misinformed opinion of the Amazons, dude. That's a skewed perception of the most controversial take they've ever been saddled with.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

You're pulling both of these out of nowhere. Very little, if anything, in WW's comic history supports this.
    Not even the Azzarello Amazons labeled Diana a betrayer for leaving with Steve

BANNED

I never said I took it from one specifically comic book, I just was asking...

Nah man, your facts are badly skewed.

The Amazons have their issues with men yes, but even the worst versions aren't as bad as what you're describing.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

If you didn't take it from one specific book, then where did you get your information from?

I'm honestly curious - what Wonder Woman runs have you read?

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

I doubt it matters though. There are people who simply don't like Amazons because they live independently from men.

And DC has made every effort to not explain why they do it and make them behave stupid, portray them as a backward savage hypocritical society, etc

I used to hate them because of how they were portrayed in JL Tv series because they never explained anything about Wonder Woman until I saw the 2009 movie which did they did a great job portraying Amazons but sadly butchered Diana and Steve's butchered unlike live action movie which did a great job with Steve and Diana but sadly ignores Amazon.
    Last edited by Geraldofrivia; 01-12-2020 at 09:47 PM.