Page 151 of 438 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 6568

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    If they re-introduced the Lasso's control powers, I think they should establish that there is some mastery involved in order to do that. Diana can control a person with the Lasso because she's trained with it and mastered it. If some rando manages to get the Lasso, yeah, they can get the truth, but they shouldn't know how to harness its full power.

Maybe also suggest it requires a degree of focus and concentration so it doesn't become a story-breaking power.
    Yeah, I’d like it if there was some learned skill required to use the full abilities of the Lasso. Just so any random hero or villain a writer let’s them get there hands on it can’t fully use it.

I had an idea that Diana has a fail-safe on the lasso. That certain powers are indeed limited. I also due to the superfriends that Diana can control the lasso with her mind.

The more I think about what not Transformation Island or reform Island be her Batcave? That Gateway City due to being a portal has a person Diana can use to place her villains.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 05-29-2020 at 08:09 PM.

I mean where is Diana at the best fighters list? Is she better than Shiva or Kid Katara

Hey where is Diana on the best Dc fighters list? I mean without her powers is there a way to determine where she is at? Can she beat Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Hey where is Diana on the best Dc fighters list? I mean without her powers is there a way to determine where she is at? Can she beat Shiva
    That's why Diana Prince is so important. It's Wonder Woman without her powers, all on her own, against insurmountable odds. I've always wanted to see a fight between the Amazon and I-Ching trained Diana Prince and Lady Shiva. Diana would probably lose but it'd be interesting battle if she wins.

DP Diana-Prince-Wonder-Woman-DC-Comics-karate-mod-h9.jpg

I mean has of now Dc has stated she is the best fighter doing the first movie. So now if we forget that. The issue is people don't think she has a lot to lose. Her family isn't there and Steve is military. I mean this si why I think Holliday College is important.

Going back to the bullet question. I mean if Diana were to get a shoot in the heart wouldn't it show how quickly she can be killed?? Yet she can take a good amount of hits?All I'm saying is this. She should be able to be hit by bullets but it should take more than one to kill her.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 05-31-2020 at 05:12 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by hgzip View Post
    If you mean 'the person caught in the lasso will unconditionally obey the person holding the lasso' - I wouldn't like this. It smacks of mind-wiping, which the Justice League once tried with devastating effect. It's also a cheap way out of any conflict situation. And in the Marston comics, Diana sometimes lost the lasso and was then at the mercy of some villain who had her tied up. I feel it was a good thing that the lasso was reduced to 'only' producing the truth in the Perez reboot, and ever since.
    It's funny how villains in the golden age somehow steal the magic lasso from Wonder Woman and use it against her. If I was Aphrodite, I would take back the lasso and let Diana prove herself that she's responsible to carry that type of power. Also Diana is supposed to be the best Amazon on the island.

With the lasso of truth, Diana can easily interrogate anyone to find answers. It can get rid of illusions, mind control and enter the soul of the victim. Which the lasso will be criticized for being a plot device.

Okay. There are a few ideas. In superfriends, the lasso can shapeshift. We at least know in the comics the lasso doesn't have an end. I would kind the fire idea

in one JLA comic WW stretched it to wrap around Earth several times.

Diana's easily one of the best weapons masters out there. She's spent her life training, and depending on the continuity that can be centuries. Centuries being taught by ancient immortals who have perfected the arts of war. So if she's not at the very very top of that list, she's awfully damn close.

When it comes to unarmed combat I rank her lower. Diana's very skilled in that area but it's not her focus like it is for Shiva or Richard Dragon or Cass Cain. So I don't think a powerless Diana ranks as high as those three, but is still likely on the Top 20 list.

So, I guess I'd say that Diana with a sword defeats Shiva with a sword. But unarmed Diana loses to unarmed Shiva.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Okay so her weakness is pierce weapons. Okay I mean she has gotten her arm cut off and lived. I know comics there aren't always guidelines for certain weaknesses. But with Diana what should be the guidelines? I meanshe cantake cheetah's claws and sword but how mmuch damage do they do to her?

Okay so her weakness is pierce weapons. Okay I mean she has gotten her arm cut off and lived. I know comics there aren't always guidelines for certain weaknesses. But with Diana what should be the guidelines? I meanshe cantake cheetah's claws and sword but how mmuch damage do they do to her?
    Man made weapons shouldn't harm her imo. Bullets or knives shouldn't really do anything and should just break on skin contact. Magical weapons should harm/cut/potentially kill her. Like cheetah's claws or a demon sword or a powerful cosmic alien blade or anything that was clearly not made by man kind. You can keep the piercing weakness just make it believe able for a godlike being. Diana is tough, like taking a star to the face kind of tough, but that durability isn't going to save you from a magic axe or whatever cutting weapon that is magically forged to by pass invulnerability.

Asking how much damage a stab or cut is going to do to Diana, to me feels like, asking what her pain tolerance is. Knowing she can be cut by Cheetah or a magic sword; How much pain is going through her body? can she still fight after the cut? how many cuts can she take before she goes down? How fast does she heal from the cut? I think a cut from Cheetah to Diana would feel like a cut from a sword to a mortal human. Diana just has such a high pain threshold or so much adrenaline going through her or both that she keeps fighting. The pain, after 3000+ years of sparing, training, and actual fighting has damped Diana's nervous system to the point that she doesn't feel that much physical pain from a stab wound. Her healing factor may work so fast that she just doesn't notice surface level cuts when they happen and are healed near instantly.

I actually think that magic poisons would be another great weakness for Diana. Dr. Poison is staring to see some more light, maybe she would incorporate deadly poisonous mythical monsters to help concoct something to use against Diana.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Wonder Woman being a virgin is not being sex negative and mocking her for it is just as immature as slut shaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Wonder Woman being a virgin is not being sex negative and mocking her for it is just as immature as slut shaming.
    I agree.

I think Diana being a virgin goes against the original kink themes and concepts of the character and it's not an approach I like, I'd even argue it's out of character for her, but it's not something that should be mocked, just on the basis of "ya ain't gettin' laid! Loser!" Should it be called out for making her "safe" in the same way black men are desexualized in fiction? Sure, maybe. But being a virgin in and of itself isn't something worthy of mockery.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Man made weapons shouldn't harm her imo. Bullets or knives shouldn't really do anything and should just break on skin contact. Magical weapons should harm/cut/potentially kill her. Like cheetah's claws or a demon sword or a powerful cosmic alien blade or anything that was clearly not made by man kind. You can keep the piercing weakness just make it believe able for a godlike being. Diana is tough, like taking a star to the face kind of tough, but that durability isn't going to save you from a magic axe or whatever cutting weapon that is magically forged to by pass invulnerability.

Asking how much damage a stab or cut is going to do to Diana, to me feels like, asking what her pain tolerance is. Knowing she can be cut by Cheetah or a magic sword; How much pain is going through her body? can she still fight after the cut? how many cuts can she take before she goes down? How fast does she heal from the cut? I think a cut from Cheetah to Diana would feel like a cut from a sword to a mortal human. Diana just has such a high pain threshold or so much adrenaline going through her or both that she keeps fighting. The pain, after 3000+ years of sparing, training, and actual fighting has damped Diana's nervous system to the point that she doesn't feel that much physical pain from a stab wound. Her healing factor may work so fast that she just doesn't notice surface level cuts when they happen and are healed near instantly.

I actually think that magic poisons would be another great weakness for Diana. Dr. Poison is staring to see some more light, maybe she would incorporate deadly poisonous mythical monsters to help concoct something to use against Diana.
    th
    I agree. It's just people have the issue of it's to close to Superman. I mean Diana does have a weakness to magic. However, unlike Superman it's not a 1,2,3. Takes a find hits.

I agree. It's just people think it's too close to Superman. I mean she does have a weakness to magic but unlike Superman she has mor