Page 99 of 111 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1665
  1. #1471
    Extraordinary Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Mad Hatter does have good stories. More good ones than Poison anyway. Can't really say the same for Parasite.

    Why would Diana think that makes Poison redeemable?
    That's debatable as far as the comics are concerned though. BTAS Hatter is great, but the comics one usually just shows up in crowd scenes as a creepy old pervert spouting Lewis Carroll dialogue.

    And he has also been used much more than Maru, which affords more opportunities for good stories, and Diana doesn't have an animated series where Poison could be the spotlight for a few episodes the way the hatter has.

  2. #1472
    Astonishing Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valentonis View Post
    I would normally agree, but in Wonder Woman's case I feel like she has a notable lack of regularly appearing villains that match her strength, compared to other characters in her weight class, so I would say that it's an element of her mythos that needs some more development
    That's part of why I liked Deva. She was able to match WW blow for blow.

  3. #1473
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,288

    Default

    I’m curious with Nubia should she just be a multiverse or can also be a main character ?

  4. #1474
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    698

    Default

    Surprisingly, I really don't feel like we get enough Hippolyta/Wonder Woman scenes.

  5. #1475
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Surprisingly, I really don't feel like we get enough Hippolyta/Wonder Woman scenes.
    That I can agree with.

  6. #1476
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I’m curious with Nubia should she just be a multiverse or can also be a main character ?
    It'd depend on what kind of books DC is publishing I guess. If there's a Justice Incarnate title out there, or some other book where a alternate reality version of Diana (Nubia) can actually get some panel time, then that seems like a viable option. But if you introduce Nubia just to toss her into multiverse limbo because there's no book for her to appear in then it seems like a waste and I'd rather have a Nubia who's from the main earth and can actually get some use.

    I'd also be fine with both. No reason we can't have Nubia as one of Diana's peers in the main book, and also occasionally get an appearance from another Nubia from another earth where she became Wonder Woman instead of Diana (President Superman's earth for example).
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

    Bridge Four!

  7. #1477
    Mighty Member Koriand'r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    It'd depend on what kind of books DC is publishing I guess. If there's a Justice Incarnate title out there, or some other book where a alternate reality version of Diana (Nubia) can actually get some panel time, then that seems like a viable option. But if you introduce Nubia just to toss her into multiverse limbo because there's no book for her to appear in then it seems like a waste and I'd rather have a Nubia who's from the main earth and can actually get some use.

    I'd also be fine with both. No reason we can't have Nubia as one of Diana's peers in the main book, and also occasionally get an appearance from another Nubia from another earth where she became Wonder Woman instead of Diana (President Superman's earth for example).
    Nubia is already in the main book but she has none of the characteristics that made her interesting Pre-Crisis. Her great design and backstory are both gone. She's not as good as the last incarnation with the dreadlocks and golden lion breastplate either, who guarded Doom's Doorway from the other side. She's done nothing that couldn't be done by Philippus or another Amazon. Hopefully Orlando can remedy the situation, because so far she's been a waste of potential and a good name.

  8. #1478
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,288

    Default

    How would you guys like to see her used?

  9. #1479
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,288

    Default

    I’m curious what if one of the reasons why the Amazons didn’t interacted with the outside world is because their pocket dimension had beings of its own? Like Clea’s people who other living beings ? That they didn’t need too

  10. #1480
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Nubia is already in the main book but she has none of the characteristics that made her interesting Pre-Crisis. Her great design and backstory are both gone. She's not as good as the last incarnation with the dreadlocks and golden lion breastplate either, who guarded Doom's Doorway from the other side. She's done nothing that couldn't be done by Philippus or another Amazon. Hopefully Orlando can remedy the situation, because so far she's been a waste of potential and a good name.
    Wait, really? How did I miss that? When was this?

    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I’m curious what if one of the reasons why the Amazons didn’t interacted with the outside world is because their pocket dimension had beings of its own? Like Clea’s people who other living beings ? That they didn’t need too
    Honestly? Sounds like an attempt to justify the Amazons' isolationism. I don't think its needed at all. After what Hercules put them through, they had every right to want to retreat from the world, and the Island forces a degree of isolationism anyway just by being so remote and hard to locate. It's not in vogue with the modern global village but the Amazons don't have to fit around our morals. That's what makes them interesting.

    Besides, if the Island is supposed to be the ideal of what women can accomplish when they work together and aren't held back, then having other advanced cultures there for them to trade with, talk to, etc., detracts from the message doesn't it? A few tribes of satyr or cyclops, sure, but a separate, equally developed civilization seems counter-intuitive to what Themyscria is supposed to be, I think.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

    Bridge Four!

  11. #1481
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,288

    Default

    I mean in a way isn't the whole doom gate also a justify also? Without them, more demons would be used. Also, I kind of want Clea to add to the whole Aquaman/amazon dynamic. I mean in the golden age her people were poor. I mean I want it to be that the Amazons don't have to be isolationist but also feel like they have to. I do like the idea that maybe a few Amazons have left to see how things are.

  12. #1482
    Mighty Member Koriand'r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Wait, really? How did I miss that? When was this?
    She showed up in WW #75 when Diana finally got back to Themyscira. Grail invaded, launched a coup and Nubia was on her side along with other Amazons. While fighting Antiope Nubia was questioned about her treachery and Nubia said things weren't as they appeared. Then in the last act Grail had a blade to Veronica Cale's daughter Issadore's throat and Nubia shot Grail with an arrow thereby rescuing Issadore and proving she wasn't a traitor after all and hadn't changed her allegiance to Hippolyta. I made it sound more interesting than it was, in reality it was as bland as Nubia's new design.

    NUBIA 4.jpg

    I'm not a fan.

  13. #1483
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I mean in a way isn't the whole doom gate also a justify also? Without them, more demons would be used. Also, I kind of want Clea to add to the whole Aquaman/amazon dynamic. I mean in the golden age her people were poor. I mean I want it to be that the Amazons don't have to be isolationist but also feel like they have to. I do like the idea that maybe a few Amazons have left to see how things are.
    Ha, I guess Doom's Doorway is sort of a justification too, at that! And I'm definitely fine with Clea being a link between Themyscria and Atlantis, I just don't need or want the Island having trade partners or other civilizations they interact with before they're forced to send a Champion back into Man's World. Some individuals who leave the Island? Sure, that's fine. I encourage that so we can have things like the Bana, and even Grail. But when it comes to Themyscria dealing with other nations, no.

    Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    She showed up in WW #75 when Diana finally got back to Themyscira
    Huh, no kidding. Man, I really need to get caught up. Fell behind on the book when Robinson took over, and clearly haven't gotten too deep into Wilson's run yet either.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

    Bridge Four!

  14. #1484
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,288

    Default

    That’s what I mean if the pocket dimension had other beings. That Clea and her people were there. Maybe some mythical creatures . I don’t know Grail. How would we explain how one hooks up with a Darksied? Than again one was Lex Luthor bodyguard. When thinking about the women who become the Banas were at first leaving the island to attack men and go back to the island.

  15. #1485
    Astonishing Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,539

    Default

    Clea's a great reason to have WW hang out with Mera more often.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •