View Poll Results: What Wonder Woman villain should get their own comic/movie/TV show showcase?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cheetah (any version you prefer)

9 32.14%
  • Silver Swan

4 14.29%
  • Dr. Psycho

2 7.14%
  • Circe

13 46.43%
  • Other (tell us who)

4 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What WW foe you think deserves (or would sustain) the Joker [film] treatment?

Alright, after seeing the just-released teaser for Joker: Folie à Deux (which, in my opinion, looks amazingly intriguing)
    I have got to ask: out of all the Wonder Woman villains that we know, love and/or love to hate, which one do you think could, should,
    deserves or you'd like to see getting the Joker/Harley Quinn/Venom treatment? Meaning, many forms of media exploring their psyche, their motivations,
    their emotional/psychological landscapes, etc?

My # 1 choice would be Priscilla Rich's Cheetah, taking elements from Marston's original & Alex Ross's reimagining. After her, Helen Alexandros, Dr. Edgar Cizko and Circe seem like the most fitting subjects for a full-fledged psychological/emotional dive into what makes them tick.

ETA: I also think Dr. Poison as portrayed in Jenkins' Wonder Woman could be interesting to explore. I'd love to see a comic book that focuses on that version of the character.
    Last edited by HestiasHearth; 04-10-2024 at 07:28 AM.

Yeah Priscilla Rich for sure

Astonishing Member

None.

None of her villains are of Joker calibre in regarding to either books or films.

On one hand the expectation might be to give the focus to one of the bigger names in Wonder Womans rogue gallery. On the other hand Penguin is getting his own tv show and that dork is a B lister and not even a particularly good one.

So on that note, im gonna go for Blue Snowman. Hardly the biggest of Wonder Womans rogues, but has the potential for a pretty gripping low budget origin film.

The Joker treatment is just taking a pre-existing acclaimed film and then doing a riff on it with the most surface level detail of a comic book character.

So Indiana Jones but Indy's a woman and wears a cheetah print scarf. Boom. Done.

I voted Circe, but actually now I am slightly changing my mind. Because her origins is Greek mythology, it would be Circe, but not necessarily Circe the Wonder Woman villain.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

THEM!

Cathy Perkins wasn't their first....

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    None.

None of her villains are of Joker calibre in regarding to either books or films.
    I am not sure what you mean when you say "calibre," but I certainly know that when a company spends endless amounts of resources, and puts a herculean effort in nurturing, developing, and building up a character across multiple books and multiple media, the end result will usually that most people will deem said character as "better" or "of higher calibre" than a character that no writer wants to touch. Also helps that the character that company is spending all those resources on is adjacent to that company's most popular character ever (Batman) which helps them feel that the risk is not as high.

What I'm saying is that no fictional character becomes amazing and iconic in the public imagination unless writers, editors, and companies mold it, develop it, and build it up.

Wonder Woman's villains, for the most part, are stuck in and endless self-fulfilling prophecy.
    Last edited by HestiasHearth; 04-12-2024 at 01:23 AM.

I voted Circe, but I also think Doctor Psycjo would’ve been the better choice now that I think of it. He is a true horror of a little man. I think the things he does will truly scare people.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I can easily see Cheetah (any) and Swan making for interesting stand alone films tbh.

Circe or Doc Psycho, IMHO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I could see any of them as an interesting movie character.

Honestly, setting them up in a certain order might let you weave a connecting story. Having Cheetah, Swan or both help WW attack Aeaea would be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    THEM!

Cathy Perkins wasn't their first....
    I just read Wonder Woman: Black and Gold # 4.

Fantastic Member

Cheetah especiallty Barbara. I don't know how to explain it how I want to, but I feel like her story could show how misogyny and the pressure of modern society on women and how it can affect them. And in her case how it twists her and make her a victim (but also a offender). Leading through Urzkartaga.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    I just read Wonder Woman: Black and Gold # 4.
    And now I have too. That "heavy" was hilarious and right on time. lol

THEM! are a trio of psychotic hippie, transgendered, murderous, sex traffickers. Their story has 70's Grindhouse homage written all over it.