Page 370 of 438 FirstFirst ... 270320360366367368369370371372373374380420 ... LastLast
Results 5,536 to 5,550 of 6568
    Fantastic Member

Wonder Woman 1984 is on par with Wonder Woman (2017).

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Not really controversial but I always feel like Diana isn't allowed to have a complete 3d character because there are some folks that want her to be a sort of blanket representation for ALL women. And on top of that she's restrained by societal and patriarchal standards of what a woman is.

Donna should have stayed dead (death should ACTAULLY mean something in the Wonderverse)

The sword and shield are fine, overused and poorly used, but fine none the less. I often feel like people complaining about it are more annoying than the sword itself.

The skirt is always superior to the pants/shorts.

Diana should get some sort of energy manipulation that lets her blats and fight like a DBZ character. Full magical warrior type **** like from the New God of War.

I was apprehensive about a God of War copy style video game but after the last two entries.... I'm all on board for that. Give me the Kratos with **** comparisons!!

Diana frankly shouldn't be another quippy comedian type character, we have plenty.

Diana's flight should mimic Namor's i.e. indestructible hummingbird on super steroids.
    There are Wonderverse characters who have stayed dead (namely Amazons). If you want to talk about a character whose death should have stuck, that would be Hippolyta.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Not really an opinion, but a thought.

If Warner was to go under and/or they start selling off DC--whether individual characters, or more likely, as a whole--I know there's always question of how Wonder Woman would be treated at Marvel.
    I'm not convinced they would do any better, though I can't imagine them doing any worse.

But I do believe if someone pointed out to one of the high-ups at Disney, not Marvel, that Wonder Woman is essentially a Disney Princess...one that beats up bad guys and fights monsters...they would absolutely see dollar signs.
    Screw Diana teaming up with Spider-Man or Captain America. We'd be seeing Wonder Woman team up with Elsa from Frozen or mentoring Merida from Brave. I'd bet money we would at least see an animated series.

I don't endorse Disney becoming an even bigger evil empire than it already is, but I think if they got the rights to Wonder Woman, and understood what they had, they would push her to the moon. Disney is not afraid of milking a brand.

Meanwhile, the fail-crew at Warner is sitting there whining, "Can't we make it about Batman?"
    I can say Marvel would do a worse job with Wonder Woman based on how Power Princess and Marvel's version of the Amazons. Look up Artume or their version of Hippolyta some time.

I wouldn't really say how Marvel would treat WW can be gauged on how they treat Power Princess (a D-list intentional pastiche of WW). How Marvel treats the female characters who are actually big deals both in-universe and as parts of the Marvel brand are probably better indicators (Sue Storm the X-Women, She-Hulk, Carol Danvers, even Mary Jane)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I wouldn't really say how Marvel would treat WW can be gauged on how they treat Power Princess (a D-list intentional pastiche of WW). How Marvel treats the female characters who are actually big deals both in-universe and as parts of the Marvel brand are probably better indicators (Sue Storm the X-Women, She-Hulk, Carol Danvers, even Mary Jane)
    I see your point about Power Princess, but like I said, Marvel has their own version of the Amazons and they're pretty much what WW fans wouldn't want to see DC do. I doubt we'd ever get something like Historia or even Perez and Rucka's takes from Marvel.

Their track record with women has a lot of great moments, I'll admit. But when they're bad, dear God are they bad (and I'm not talking about stuff like Jane Thor).

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I see your point about Power Princess, but like I said, Marvel has their own version of the Amazons and they're pretty much what WW fans wouldn't want to see DC do. I doubt we'd ever get something like Historia or even Perez and Rucka's takes from Marvel.

Their track record with women has a lot of great moments, I'll admit. But when they're bad, dear God are they bad (and I'm not talking about stuff like Jane Thor).
    what about when Jane!Thor fought Jenny? https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Jenny...s)_(Earth-616)
    Last edited by marhawkman; 12-09-2022 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    what about when Jane!Thor fought Jenny? https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Jenny...us)_(Earth-616)
    Um, that page is blank.

Incredible Member

I think the point Gaius is making is that we can't judge how Disney uses Wonder Woman-esque concepts like the Amazons when they know they can never capitalize on them because they know the comptetition has the version of those concepts that are popular and marketable. Hence it's probably simpelr to simply watch what they do with their famous and markatable female characters and see if they treat them well.

There are Wonderverse characters who have stayed dead (namely Amazons). If you want to talk about a character whose death should have stuck, that would be Hippolyta.
    I wouldn't mind that either tbh.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    I think the point Gaius is making is that we can't judge how Disney uses Wonder Woman-esque concepts like the Amazons when they know they can never capitalize on them because they know the comptetition has the version of those concepts that are popular and marketable. Hence it's probably simpelr to simply watch what they do with their famous and markatable female characters and see if they treat them well.
    What Zagre is what I was getting at. How Marvel has utilized their own version of the Amazons is in the same boat as Power Princess as they're obviously in the shadow of the far more famous comic character from the other company.

I'm not saying Marvel would be better, I don't read Marvel outside of some Punisher, but like I said how Marvel's done with their own more recognizable female characters.

Incredible Member

Here's a controversial opinion: I don't think Gadot is good as Diana. At all. Her best performance is in her first solo movie and she's just "fine" there, all the other times she's played the role she's been rather weak, even with Jenkins (and I say this as someone who enjoys WW84). As flawed as Jenkins' vision for the character may be, I'd rather keep her than Gadot. If we lose Jenkins, I prefer jsut a hard reboot (provided the next team is good, of course, things can always be worse).

Incredible Member

I just finished rereading Rucka's The Lies. I've come to the conclusion that I think Cheetah is a wonderful antagonist for Diana, but I don't know if she's a good villain. I think The Llies categorize Diana/Cheetah wonderfully: Diana's compassion, Cheetah's fury, what draws them to each other, what separates them, and giving us hope for their future without turning Diana foolish for ignoring Cheetah's more monstrous - both literal and personality - traits.

Um, that page is blank.
    Stupid forum software didn't parse the URL correctly...
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Jenny...s)_(Earth-616)

Here's something controversial... As great as Historia is its own thing, leave it where it is. There is absolutely no need for it to be copy pasted into the main universe. Have the god and amazon designs and that's pretty much it for me.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Here's something controversial... As great as Historia is its own thing, leave it where it is. There is absolutely no need for it to be copy pasted into the main universe. Have the god and amazon designs and that's pretty much it for me.
    Yeah, even though it's on the cover seeing the Diana/Hippolyta from the WW Historia cover on one of those lousy Dark Crisis tie-ins is like seeing finding a gourmet steak in the dumpster behind a McDonalds.