Page 118 of 440 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 6590

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I still think the Nanobots was still questionable. For one Diana was seeing multiple cheetahs and two she was aiming to kill. I think the better way would actually have Cheetah be in a area to fight her or something else. The nanobots didn’t have a affect her all the way. What would be a way to stop Diana? Diana is a special case. She isn’t like Superman. Her magical durability is high. The best is maybe using Amazonian items against her
    Well the problem is Batman doesn't HAVE those. He's using what he has, and trying to make it work.

I mean with all the money and research all I'm saying it wouldn't be hard for him to find a few of the Amazon cities before their left. I mean the main issue if Batman had to make a plan to stop Diana. What is the best way?

Phantom Zone projector.

Back in the day, if a man could tie her up she'd be powerless. Or you could have used a sniper; someone like Deadshot could have taken Diana down, as long as someone else distracted her. But her vulnerability to bullets isn't really a thing today (not generally). You could turn her back into clay, and some writers have done that....but Diana isn't a golem so whether that plot actually makes sense is highly debatable, and even this requires enough magical power to rival a whole pantheon of gods. Who has that kind of mojo?

So now she's virtually as strong as Superman, the greatest superpowered combatant on earth, and she has no weaknesses. You're not gonna beat her in a fight. So if you can't win, the next best thing is to make sure she can't fight in the first place. Exile her to the Phantom Zone or throw her in Doom's Doorway and lock the gate, push her through a zeta beam to Rann or a Boom Tube to Apokolips, whatever sends her far, far away from you. That's your only real hope of winning.

And none of that is stuff Batman should have access to on his own. So unless he talks Clark into helping, Bruce shouldn't have any way of beating Diana at all.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Spectacular Member

He can simply ask cyborg to create a boom tube

Nanobots idea was a strange one. Since Diana would see something is up. Not only that but it's sometimes hinted the Lasso can help her see some lies when she has it on her. I mean if anything wouldn't Batman be able to borrow one of Diana's items?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I don't like her being vulnerable to bullets either since she can take hits from interplanetary conquerors, but some lead can puncture her? Please.

Why does she deflect? She was trained by the Amazons and they're not bulletproof as she is. It's her training. It's muscle memory, and I imagine she values the demoralizing effect it can have. She may also be ensuring they ricochet to somewhere safe in doing so as opposed to letting them bounce as they will. Perhaps she's been trained to never let something tag her that she can help because she doesn't know if it's enchanted and will break her skin. Who knows? There's a ton of justifications, but at the end of the day, it's a cool visual and that's enough for me.

Yea. One idea I had is for her first year she wasn’t has bulletproof. Also like many said she wants to be safe and she doesn’t know where the bullets will land. Maybe a few times she did let the bullets bounce off her and it accidentally harms a few people. That does bring the question. How tough are the Amazons? I don’t think it should take one bullet to kill them. I do think bullets kill them but they should be tougher than humans

Mighty Member

Hmm, I've always thought of the bullet thing as well. I mean the bracelet thing is too iconic to Wonder Woman specifically for her to simply "Superman" her way through bullet barrages, but in the same field, you would think Diana would have a similar resistance as she faces bigger and badder threats...

Perhaps the bullets won't kill Diana, but they still HURT. Due to Diana having a bit more fighting prowess in comparison to some other heroes, she would actually want to avoid blows when possible rather than perpetually tanking hits. Whether it be a bullet, a laser, a death ray, a thrown rock, etc Diana would rather deflect it than take the hit, no matter if it would affect her or not.

I think for the movies, she could evolve into a flying brick, and maybe even should. If the movies are meant to depict a growth arc, you can retain bullets and bracelets for a while until the time comes to scale up the powers.

I mean, look at Iron Man. They went from building armor from scraps, in a cave to ridiculous nanotech. If his "powers" can progress to that degree, why can't Wonder Woman's?

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Hmm, I've always thought of the bullet thing as well. I mean the bracelet thing is too iconic to Wonder Woman specifically for her to simply "Superman" her way through bullet barrages, but in the same field, you would think Diana would have a similar resistance as she faces bigger and badder threats...

Perhaps the bullets won't kill Diana, but they still HURT. Due to Diana having a bit more fighting prowess in comparison to some other heroes, she would actually want to avoid blows when possible rather than perpetually tanking hits. Whether it be a bullet, a laser, a death ray, a thrown rock, etc Diana would rather deflect it than take the hit, no matter if it would affect her or not.
    I agree. It doesn't kill. I mean she also due to her upbring knows you never know what your opponent could hit you with it

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    But with all the Batgirls, Batman and Aqualad maybe another name?
    Why? With a Wonder Girl and a Wonder Woman it makes sense that someone would be inspired to take up the name Wonder Boy.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I like that Diana isn't bulletproof. Characters without weaknesses are boring and it also gives an actual function to the bracelets.

I kinda like that Donna is the hottest mess in the history of DC comics. That's quite an achievement and makes her stand out from everyone else.

Circe is a better arch-enemy than Cheetah.
    The bracelets can still be very useful even if she is bulletproof. Many characters have become more powerful over time, and left some of their original weaknesses behind. Somebody of Diana’s level should do the same. That won't make her boring or impossible to beat. As the powerhouse she is meant to be, she should be more consisten in the way current writers portray her.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Superman isn't an active advocate for political change. Diana in my pitch would be.

So basically the same explanation as mine just without using it to expand on her character
    The thing is, she doesn't need the bullets weaknesses to have more character development or to have a reason to use her bracelets. She needs more consistent writing. With the portrayal of her personality, her power level, villains and supporting cast. Consistency has been lacking in many wondy comics these past years.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    The thing is, she doesn't need the bullets weaknesses to have more character development or to have a reason to use her bracelets. She needs more consistent writing. With the portrayal of her personality, her power level, villains and supporting cast. Consistency has been lacking in many wondy comics these past years.
    She doesn't need invulnerability when she can block bullets with her bracelets. That's been consistent since 1942.

Here's something that just happened to Wonder Woman that I don't like. Don't know how "controversial" it is since I'm not up on how the majority of fandom feels about it.

But...

I don't like the latest retcon that Wonder Woman is now DC's first superhero. Period. It's wrong, unnecessary, and turns me off the entirety of the DCU direction going forward. Have no interest in this latest retconning to DC's history. 5G is now NG to me.

Superman is the first comic book superhero and the reason why the comics industry exists in the first place. Anything that changes that reality, even just in-universe, isn't going to sit well with me.

Regarding Wonder Woman herself, I don't like the idea that she's been around since World War II on this latest version of DC-Earth. It separates her too much from Batman and Superman and is now pretty impossible to think of them as an equal trinity.

Bad idea that people might not object to right now, but once it gets rolling, it will have the effect of taking the reader out of the story every time he reads an in-story comment about it.