Page 326 of 440 FirstFirst ... 226276316322323324325326327328329330336376426 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,890 of 6586

I also love Donna mostly for the TT, that's where all of her good stories are. While the WW book seems to do her more harm than good (aside from Jimenez run). With Cassie it's the opposite: I like her in the WW books but don't care for her in anything else.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    NTT is 90% of the reason, yeah. Plus one of my first mainstream WW comic was by Byrne and she was part of the 'Wonder Family' with Diana, Hippolyta, Artemis, Cassie and Helena so I always saw her as part of the family even if DC and some fans don't.

Most of the Amazons and Amazon adjacent characters are mythical archetypes. Donna belongs to both the Amazon world and Man's World.

Donna has human struggles from having to search for her biological family to being a 'Team Mom' for the Titans. She's like the older sibling who has to parent the younger siblings but whose struggles are often overlooked. What makes it even deeper is that despite putting other people first, she is not always as stable as she likes to be, she is someone who can and has cracked under pressure and made mistakes. That makes her more human and relatable.

In a weird kind of way, the fact that even DC/WB ignores her, the WW comics often forgetting her existence and the fact that she's getting passed over in favor of Cassie and Yara and the other Titans having gotten more exposure in other media while she continues to be on the sidelines, has only endeared her more to me. Even on a meta level, she's the older sibling who does the most but never gets the toast.
    Very well-said, and I appreciate you leaving Terry Long out of it.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

I just like Donna’s costume.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Dick must be freezing in that panel

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I think it's Jason.

But yes, it applies either way.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I just like Donna’s costume.
    She's had some stellar ones.

Not if he's ignoring Batman's advice to think clean thoughts.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Thanks guys, Donna’s a character who I’ve never quite understood the appeal of or why she has such a devoted fanbase. Wanted to go straight to the source and ask lol.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I think it's Jason.

But yes, it applies either way.
    It is Jason he just forgot to pack his leggings for winter:

Source: Batman Annual #13.

Wait if more women are reborn on the Island due to them being killed from male violence. Why couldn't children be reborn due to being women? I mean if the Island is to be a safe haven what will we do with all the young girls and babies abandoned? I guess they could go to the Bana or another amazonian tribe? Like each tribe is dedicated to something dealing with rebirth. Like the Amazons did with mostly women. The others children and mothers? Like due to Paradise Island being magic those women get a new life but the fact they are in the earth in a way they have have a safe haven but can't get their memories erase. Diana needs at least one friend. Like Mala. What would be wrong with at least Mala being born too?
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 10-26-2021 at 07:02 PM.

Diana has more romantic/sexual chemistry in these few pages/panels than she's ever had with Batman or Superman:

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Diana has more romantic/sexual chemistry in these few pages/panels than she's ever had with Batman or Superman:

That’s not controversial, when writers try to give Diana a friendship with another female character it usually ends up better written then hers with Bats and Supes.

^^^ Truth.

And if DC wants a “power couple”, maybe they should use someone who has “power” in their name.

~I just keep swimming through these threads~

I'm curious should silver Swan all be a group or one person?

One person.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

One controversial question one should ask is why WW can't beat Superman? I think the answer to that may be more controversial than the question. I know some people don't want to have that debate. But sometimes power levels are indeed affected by sexism. So i would ask. How much do you really think sexism has affected and still affects WW? And not just in terms of power. Becausae as fans of the female hero archetype and symbol of girl power and equality, i think we don't take this topic as seriously as it should.