Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Immortal Hulk has the Hulk walking around as an emaciated husk for several issues. He has consistently been a punching bag, getting chopped into bits, has his heart eaten by his ex-wife, bisected, brain-washed, eviscerated, eaten alive, dismembered, atomized and dissolved.

Superman is getting replaced with his son. And I think they are weakening Superman, or he's loosing his powers or something. I don't read Action Comics or Superman, but I heard something about it on the Superman forum.
    Yup. The current writer has admitted he is really keen on the father/son dynamic and his arc is very much about that transition where the son becomes a man and the father starts feeling his age. Yes, Superman gets to punch guys really hard even now, but many fans have been complaining for years that he's become a guest in his own book and that his son has taken over and now he's actively losing the book. Adding to that, Superman has become a filler book until Taylor takes over to-- again-- replace Clark.

And I'm among the more positive on the last few years of Superman developments. I find it incredibly hard to believe Diana is currently not being respected when a few years ago we had the Robinson run. Execution lacking? Sure, I can see not enjoying the current crop of books-- but that's the thing, we have a current crop of books instead of just the usual ONE. She got to headline a Batman event (a dubious honor, but not just everyone gets to pretend the Bat event is about them. She's certainly doing better than Superman, Flash or GL in this respect), she had two film projects released this year. Her book has a lot of talent on it from writing to art to variant covers.

But oh no, she can't bench press a galaxy. If only she got as much respect as Aquaman in that last movie, who has no book and was turned into a goddamn Nazi stooge. If only all my heroes could be as fortunate as Aquaman right now.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    WW still takes the cake. Those characters have had a far easier time being portrayed as a powerhouse than WW in the last 10 years. Yet a lot of fans want to say that sexism is not a thing in comics anymore. So yea, to me this is a controversial opinion. WW suffers from sexism.
    It's just the ComicsGate people arguing that there's no sexism in comics and they're some of the biggest proponents of it. Most everyone else acknowledges it.
    Last edited by Robanker; 06-06-2021 at 04:09 PM.