Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
I don't think it can be ignored, but the way it is now it's just not a major factor for Wonder Woman and those thought to be her major supporting characters. She, Donna and Cassie use magical tools along with non-magical, mortal supporting characters like Steve and Etta don't use it, the Amazons live in a mystical setting but aren't magic users themselves aside from Magala, who was gone 2-3 reboots ago, etc.

I think if writers want more magical stuff beyond Circe stories, some new characters would have to be introduced.

Why? Because you don't like the Golden Age stories?
We really don't need to be reminded it isn't the Golden Age anymore, but people can still like or prefer some of the stuff from that era. There are plenty of dated ideas there we don't need to see return (we all have an idea which ones, the same ones prevalent throughout a lot of golden age material) but plenty of it could still work as is or be updated the same as the silver, bronze or even early modern age stories.

Most of the resistance I see is that it's old and not tied too much to Greek myth, neither of which is especially convincing.
I admit, that was uncalled for of me. I apologize.