Page 110 of 440 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 6586

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    No she doesn't.
    She was raised on Krypton and was trained in hand to hand combat there. https://scifi.stackexchange.com/ques...-than-superman
    She’s also canonically older than Superman.
    So, yes. She does.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

This isn't pertinent to Diana but while she was born earlier, she didn't age at the same rate as Kal. He's twice her age in every incarnation.

He's also got more field experience than her.

And Diana outmatches them both simultaneously in both fields.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    She was raised on Krypton and was trained in hand to hand combat there. https://scifi.stackexchange.com/ques...-than-superman
    She’s also canonically older than Superman.
    So, yes. She does.
    This is funny. I mean, wow, we were asking that one guy about his view of the Amazons but this is actually even more off base and incorrect.

I mean, like, there's usually no wrong answers in literary analysis but this is actually, factually, objectively wrong.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    I doubt it matters though. There are people who simply don't like Amazons because they live independently from men.
    That’s literally all his opinion boils down to. The concept of the Amazons pisses that guy off for some reason 'cause they put men lower than women in their society. And that's the point, it contrasts "Man's World."
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 01-13-2020 at 05:11 PM.

With this whole Amazons not allowing man. They were abused. I wouldn't mind if at some point they tried again but it was a messed up. Now I wouldn't mind if some Amazons leave the main Island. That while no 100% they are willing to take men into their version of society

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    With this whole Amazons not allowing man. They were abused. I wouldn't mind if at some point they tried again but it was a messed up. Now I wouldn't mind if some Amazons leave the main Island. That while no 100% they are willing to take men into their version of society
    Their inner society, Paradise Island, should never change from what it is now.

No men on the island.

It's always used as a fallback for Diana in AUs where things go wrong—Diana retreats back to her home and leaves the men alone. I'm still uncomfortable with the idea of more Amazons leaving 'cause I see it as diminishing Diana's role in Man's World.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    To be honest, I feel like that would be endgame for Themyscira. While I don't think it's likely many men will be allowed there, I think some exceptions would likely be allowed (Superman, probably Jay Garrick or Alan Scott; paragons Diana can vouch for, essentially) but not to take up residence. They would be allowed to visit in the way diplomats are, or if it's necessary for a tactical purpose. That said, I think that once Diana has had enough of an effect, some Amazons would be curious and allowed to leave the island and venture to man's world through the embassy.

I will say that I fundamentally disagree with any interpretation that a male born to an Amazon on the island be cast out. I can't imagine Hippolyta cast out a baby and consider it poor writing whenever it comes. They would love and raise him as their own because HE IS. They're not misandrists by culture (some have been shown to be but I've always read them as exceptions rather than indicative of the culture as a whole), and I think the whole "no men" thing didn't account for some miraculous scenario in which a baby is born on an island with no men to mate with. Once that came up, I really doubt they'd just chuck the kid in a river. Discussion would form and they'd take him in. The Amazons are good people, dammit.

Alas, there's publication history to clash with my understanding of the Amazons, but I still hold that were I ever to write them for DC, they'd welcome any child of their own because they're ultimately good people.
    Last edited by Robanker; 01-13-2020 at 08:02 PM.

I mean, to be honest I wouldn't mind if Steve was the first man in century to be invited. This is what I wonder what if an amazon did want a baby. I mean I get why Diana is an only child in the modern tale. But It would be interesting to see if Mala was a child from an amazon who left and came back

Jason was the only male now who was given away. I rather have him be raised

I wouldn't be surprised if the new origin reveals Steve was around in WWII, and thus died a long time ago. The Steve Diana has been with in the present day stories has been more mind-fckery, an illusion, either by the gods or maybe even Max Lord.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the new origin reveals Steve was around in WWII, and thus died a long time ago. The Steve Diana has been with in the present day stories has been more mind-fckery, an illusion, either by the gods or maybe even Max Lord.
    That sounds so damn cruel!

Yeah, it would be, but I get the feeling not many care that much about Steve internally. Him and his romance with Diana has generally felt half-hearted in its approach ever since its return, except during Rucka's run. And unless the character is gone since Wilson's run ended, I still wouldn't be half surprised to see someone eventually want to do something with Diana and Atlantiedes.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Yeah, it would be, but I get the feeling not many care that much about Steve internally. Him and his romance with Diana has generally felt half-hearted in its approach ever since its return, except during Rucka's run. And unless the character is gone since Wilson's run ended, I still wouldn't be half surprised to see someone eventually want to do something with Diana and Atlantiedes.
    It’s cruel, but you’re right. They’ve been really lackluster with Steve’s development and presence in Diana’s cast, it almost seems intentional. It’s crazy to me that Steve is far more interesting and compelling in the movie adaptions than in the source material.

I don’t like Atlantiedes and Diana. If they’re going to wipe Steve away, just let her be alone. Unless Atlantiedes has an important part in the Wonder Woman lore going forward from #750, I think we can just ignore her.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    It’s cruel, but you’re right. They’ve been really lackluster with Steve’s development and presence in Diana’s cast, it almost seems intentional. It’s crazy to me that Steve is far more interesting and compelling in the movie adaptions than in the source material.

I don’t like Atlantiedes and Diana. If they’re going to wipe Steve away, just let her be alone. Unless Atlantiedes has an important part in the Wonder Woman lore going forward from #750, I think we can just ignore her.
    Don't you think that's a bit extreme?

Please, no. Wilson did seem to give Steve the bum's rush for the sake of Atlantiedes. If they foist them on us and her I'll be very angry. Though I don't know how that would work if Diana is thrust back to the 1940's and her 5G replacement takes over her mantle. That doesn't at all seem to be a welcoming era for a duel sexed deity. I don't dislike the character but wouldn't want to see them as a love interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Please, no. Wilson did seem to give Steve the bum's rush for the sake of Atlantiedes. If they foist them on us and her I'll be very angry. Though I don't know how that would work if Diana is thrust back to the 1940's and her 5G replacement takes over her mantle. That doesn't at all seem to be a welcoming era for a duel sexed deity. I don't dislike the character but wouldn't want to see them as a love interest.
    Is Diana going back in time? I thought it was more of just acknowledging that she was there back then. Also, maybe she'll date someone from the JSA?~