Page 242 of 440 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246252292342 ... LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 6590
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    You aren’t talking about the weakness of tying her up are you? (Which a lot of her villains should never have been able to even attempt it [yet succeeded] because she is supposed to be faster than Mercury)
    She had multiple weaknesses that her villains exploited in different ways. Not to mention that they would come up with ideas to face her and compansate the fact that they couldn't match her in stats.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

They shouldnt be able to exploit those weaknesses if she is faster and stronger than them. If they arent gifted by the Gods or are a god, she should be able to take them out in a snap of a second.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    They shouldnt be able to exploit those weaknesses if she is faster and stronger than them. If they arent gifted by the Gods or are a god, she should be able to take them out in a snap of a second.
    Depends if they can find other ways to challenge her. Using their brain. Or finding special gear. Or using her friends as a trap. And outside all of this. It would still not make her performances with deathstroke any less of a jobber.

I feel like this shows how little thought was put into the type of villains that are appropriate for Diana. At the risk of sounding like a certain poster, shonen anime and manga are generally better at this.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    I think giving her old archaic weapons is playing up what makes her different from other flying brick types.
    The lasso is what makes her different. Think of Ghost Rider's chains and Spider-man's webs at the very least. There are so many things she should be able to do with the lasso.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Her feats from 80 years ago don't change the fact she is more of a jobber now. Not to mention that back in the day, she had other weakneses that her villains used against her. And stories where the villains would look for different ways to compensate the fact they couldn't match her stats. While in modern era, i can count at leat 4 battles with deathstroke between comics and outside comic media where she was shown as if she was barely above him in stats. She is dangerously approching consistent level in becominbg a character that struggles with him regularly. What a great look for the Goddess. You won't find Superman jobbing as much as her.
    There's a story written by Marston where Diana has super strong teeth that catch a cage full of people and she keeps holding the cage with her teeth. A page later Diana is fully free and she gets knocked out with the butt of a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I feel like this shows how little thought was put into the type of villains that are appropriate for Diana. At the risk of sounding like a certain poster, shonen anime and manga are generally better at this.
    Shonen anime and manga also don’t have new writers every year.

I think the lasso, bracers and tiara are all she ever needs and all she is ever going to need with very rare exceptions.

There’s already a Warrior Woman and her name is Artemis.

Edit: To specify though, I’m not a total stooge about Diana using weapons, just in my head cannon she wouldn’t bother. But if a writer can make it work for the story then why not, as long as it makes sense without making her look bad.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 05-06-2021 at 04:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Shonen anime and manga also don’t have new writers every year.
    There is that.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    This is kind of the case with a lot of the superheroes. A good chunk of their villains should theoretically not be able to touch them. Superman has ranged abilities that Parasite shouldn’t be able to get his hands on him. Flash is so speedy that Lenard Snart should NOT be able to hit him. It’s kind of why that lately there has been a reliance on villains with similar power sets. I’m actually surprised that a lot of classic rogues haven’t gone the way of a lot of Diana’s human non-godlike rogues.

I guess with Superman, the invention of Kryptonite made things easier as they started to give it to EVERYONE (as even a pebble would immobilize him), and even that wasn’t enough as they started adding more weaknesses to knock him down a peg...is it worth bringing back Diana’s weaknesses (I only know of the tying up, but apparently there’s more?) so that her classic rogues stand more of a chance? (Sure you can do things like say “blue snow” is more powerful, but because Diana is so quick, Byrna shouldn’t be able to hit Diana with it (much like the Captain Cold example, the weapon is powerful, but the person wielding it isn’t.)
    Last edited by Mistah K88; 05-06-2021 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    How did she struggle? And they've had him fight Superman numerous times so its not like Diana is being singled out as some sort of weakling.

Majority of Dianas villains shouldnt be a threat to her with how much some want her to go up against other godly creatures. Dr. Psycho, Dr. Poison, Blue Snowman, Nazis, OG Cheetah, should be beaten within seconds. She should only go up against Gods, Kryptonians. At the end of the day, some of it is just pure fun and as long she comes out the victor, I am ok with it. If she is beaten then it needs to be a good reason. Her fight with Deathstroke was fun to me so I dont got a problem with it.
    Only if you reduce every opponent she encounters to a fist-fight.

Dr. Psycho isn't and never really has been a physical threat to Diana, and he would/should never confront her face to face. The threat he poses is to other people that she has to protect and save, and stories involving Psycho should be how he uses his mind and mental powers against Wonder Woman.

Similarly, Dr. Poison is someone who would/should lure Diana into traps, utilizing her super-toxins and specially made poisons. Stuff that would kill an ordinary human in seconds, but can really hurt and slow down Wonder Woman. And again, like Dr. Psycho, the real danger Poison poses is to innocent people.

Neither of them are throwing hands with Diana. The minute either of them picks up a sword and starts holding their own in combat, then we got a problem.

Nazis aren't a threat to Wonder Woman, nor should they be aside from Red Panzer, who wears high-tech armor. She should be steamrolling those guys in seconds.

Blue Snowman seems like a special case. For one, they use tech which one could let slide. But more relevant, most recent depictions portray them as less a dangerous, deadly foe, but a misguided person that Diana needs to talk down or subdue rather than outright fight. So a battle with Blue Snowman is less about how Wonder Woman is in peril, but how she can resolve the conflict without anyone getting hurt.

Not every villain needs to be a physical threat that can kick Diana's ass. They just need to be able to challenge her in different ways.

I call bollix on Deathstroke picking up a sword and holding his own against Wonder Woman one-on-one when, between her bullet-fast reflexes and super-strength, she should slap him aside with a flick of her finger. And Superman should've, too.

But, again, as said, Slade is the Bat-god of villains whose true power is his plot armor.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

When you are able to foresee what your enemy is going to do, it more than gives you an advantage to a degree. Unlike Batman who is completely powerless, slade has Enhanced intelligence, strength, agility, durability, stamina, and reflexes Skilled swordsman, marksman and hand-to-hand combatant Accelerated healing. He's more of a threat to her than most of Dianas classic villains if she is face2face with them. Poison and Psycho just need to be in Dianas general vicinity and she technically should be fast enough to take them out.

Even high tech armor, how do you make armor that is as strong as a god?

But all of that is exactly why I can personally look the other way in certain instances and dont take it that seriously. I like to see Diana give them the fight of their lives and win in the end. Otherwise its just very boring and she shouldn't show up outside of her book, a Superman book, JL.
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 05-06-2021 at 07:50 AM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Beast Boy has nearly beaten Slade on his own.

Diana should swat him aside without any effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Only if you reduce every opponent she encounters to a fist-fight.

Dr. Psycho isn't and never really has been a physical threat to Diana, and he would/should never confront her face to face. The threat he poses is to other people that she has to protect and save, and stories involving Psycho should be how he uses his mind and mental powers against Wonder Woman.

Similarly, Dr. Poison is someone who would/should lure Diana into traps, utilizing her super-toxins and specially made poisons. Stuff that would kill an ordinary human in seconds, but can really hurt and slow down Wonder Woman. And again, like Dr. Psycho, the real danger Poison poses is to innocent people.

Neither of them are throwing hands with Diana. The minute either of them picks up a sword and starts holding their own in combat, then we got a problem.

Nazis aren't a threat to Wonder Woman, nor should they be aside from Red Panzer, who wears high-tech armor. She should be steamrolling those guys in seconds.

Blue Snowman seems like a special case. For one, they use tech which one could let slide. But more relevant, most recent depictions portray them as less a dangerous, deadly foe, but a misguided person that Diana needs to talk down or subdue rather than outright fight. So a battle with Blue Snowman is less about how Wonder Woman is in peril, but how she can resolve the conflict without anyone getting hurt.

Not every villain needs to be a physical threat that can kick Diana's ass. They just need to be able to challenge her in different ways.

I call bollix on Deathstroke picking up a sword and holding his own against Wonder Woman one-on-one when, between her bullet-fast reflexes and super-strength, she should slap him aside with a flick of her finger. And Superman should've, too.

But, again, as said, Slade is the Bat-god of villains whose true power is his plot armor.

I also miss Dr. Poison's freakin' weird-ass concoctions she made in her early appearances. Like, a drug that makes people do the opposite of what they are told? I want her to dump that on Wonder Woman and see what happens!

And if she can make weird stuff like that, why stop there? It doesn't have to be deadly gas she uses all the time. Lately she's been shown enhancing other villains abilities as well, which is something I like.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I also miss Dr. Poison's freakin' weird-ass concoctions she made in her early appearances. Like, a drug that makes people do the opposite of what they are told? I want her to dump that on Wonder Woman and see what happens!

And if she can make weird stuff like that, why stop there? It doesn't have to be deadly gas she uses all the time. Lately she's been shown enhancing other villains abilities as well, which is something I like.
    OR her compound that messed with planes...science was basically magic. I'd definitely love to see some more absurd chemical concoctions from her.

Does Themyscira have any unique flora or fauna that we know of? (I'm pretty sure Kangas count), because taking some of Wonder Woman's rogues to Transformation/Reform Island could give them resources that they wouldn't have elsewhere.