Page 162 of 440 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172212262 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 6590
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    I don't think Diana needs to "check every diversity box" so to speak, to be a great character. So, she's not Bi and in a relationship with a really sweet badass guy. What's the big deal?
    Because if she's gonna be bi, then she needs to be shown being bi, it shouldn't be an informed attribute

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    I agree!! The diversity thing has ruin a lot of good characters and destroyed a lot of good stories!! Hopefully WW won't be the next!!
    Diversity has never ruined a single character.

I agree!! The diversity thing has ruin a lot of good characters and destroyed a lot of good stories!! Hopefully WW won't be the next!!
    Yeah forced diversity makes for bad stories. :/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Diversity has never ruined a single character.
    Not a single one.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I mean DC changed characters Sexuality and Race didn't add any diversity just made them more of look guys here we are. The same with Marvel.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 06-15-2020 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I mean DC changed characters Sexuality and Race didn't add any diversity just made them more of look guys here we are. The same with Marvel.
    Yeah token diversity isn't really all that interesting. Then again, what is the purpose of diversity? Simple quotas?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I don't like it when they take a character with a long history and change their sexuality or race!! It does nothing for the character and it doesn't improve a story! Changing the character race or sexuality doesn't make them more relatable!!
    Last edited by lotchj; 06-15-2020 at 06:14 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah token diversity isn't really all that interesting. Then again, what is the purpose of diversity? Simple quotas?
    No, the provide representation for groups that have been unfairly denied chances to see themselves in fiction.

It's a noble goal, and certainly one that Wonder Woman would agree with.

Okay, knock it off.

You don't agree with someone else's opinion? That's fine. Be civil.

You want to generalize that anyone who disagrees with a particular opinion you hold is a bigot? You've crossed the line.

Stick to the topic and not the posters, that includes specific name calling and back-handed broad generalizations of 'everyone who says this is XYZ.'

If this continues, bans will follow.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

All I'm going to say is that for the most part I'm ok with racebending some characters and changing their sexuality. The catch is that the best ones are usually obscure characters or characters with a minor to small following, as the main purpose of those changes are to revive the character and bring in new reader representation without a huge fan backlash over preexisting major characters. Its why Aqualad is gay and most readers/audience members know him as such now. Its why most people know Blue Beetle as Jaime and not Ted. Even then there is a right and wrong way to go about it. Look at the huge backlash Marvel had.

In short, its one thing to change Etta is another thing entirely to change Wonder Woman.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Extraordinary Member

No, the provide representation for groups that have been unfairly denied chances to see themselves in fiction.

It's a noble goal, and certainly one that Wonder Woman would agree with.
    No joke. The last time WW fought against people who didn't believe in diversity was during WW2.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I wonder what are some Wondie Characters that have been lost to time?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    All I'm going to say is that for the most part I'm ok with racebending some characters and changing their sexuality. The catch is that the best ones are usually obscure characters or characters with a minor to small following, as the main purpose of those changes are to revive the character and bring in new reader representation without a huge fan backlash over preexisting major characters. Its why Aqualad is gay and most readers/audience members know him as such now. Its why most people know Blue Beetle as Jaime and not Ted. Even then there is a right and wrong way to go about it. Look at the huge backlash Marvel had.

In short, its one thing to change Etta is another thing entirely to change Wonder Woman.
    For a lot of people, making Wonder Woman bi isn't changing her, it's simply acknowledging queer subtext that has been there for a long time.

Fantastic Member

For a lot of people, making Wonder Woman bi isn't changing her, it's simply acknowledging queer subtext that has been there for a long time.
    I have to be honest and say, I was disappointed when the reborn writer Rucka stated that WW was queer!!
    Last edited by lotchj; 06-16-2020 at 12:19 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I have to be honest and say, I was disappointed when the reborn writer Rucka stated that WW was queer!!
    Why?

10 characters.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Can we please keep Wonder Woman how she is for once?

You got your way with making her suddenly bisexual with NO supporting evidence throughout her long history to justify it.

You got your way with making her tall because people kept saying Amazons should be larger than average, so now she's 6'2".

You got your way with removing most of the american iconography from her costume because you kept saying it didn't make sense.

You got your way with making her thousands of years old although her timeline is all messed up because of it.

You got your way with making her the daughter of Zeus because people kept saying she was a "golem" without a soul because she was made from clay.

Can we PLEASE leave bullets and bracelets alone before we mess up anything else? All these arbitrary changes just take her farther and farther away from her roots and the reasons people loved her in the first place. Geez!
    Also getting rid of the Diana Prince secret identity.

Changing the lasso's mind control power to forcing to tell the truth power.