Page 114 of 440 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 6586
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Mera and Diana should be solid pals.

BANNED

Wonder Woman should turn herself in to maxican man with bouch of surgeries and stuff and get the name of Don Alehandro Della Vega... :O you see what i did there... Zorro is actually Wonder Woman. :O I'm number 1 super genious

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Mera and Diana should be solid pals.
    How do their personalities differ? To me Diana comes off as sweet and loving while Mera is more harsh and regal.

That's something I've noticed about Diana lately, under Perez she was sweet, but when angered there was a righteous fury to her that's missing now. Instead of getting mad, she leans more towards disappointment, sorrow and speechifying about love. That kind of takes the fire out any ass kicking she has to do. Darkseid has been defeated by love twice and both times it was unsatisfying. After all Cheetah's done in the recent past...shattering her bracelets, sword and shield, stealing her lasso and tiara, wearing them while invading Themyscira and threatening her mother and sisters and killing Aphrodite which caused Diana's relationship with Steve to end, I wanted her to hand Cheetah her head. But no, she finally won but was so nice about it. That makes even victories lack passion and therefore mediocre.

Justice League, as a comic and recurring team, does more harm to Diana's character than good.

*A case can be made it doesn't do anyone involved any good, but I think Diana gets it worse than most.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Justice League, as a comic and recurring team, does more harm to Diana's character than good.

*A case can be made it doesn't do anyone involved any good, but I think Diana gets it worse than most.
    This I agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post

At least WW gets to (usually) be powerful. Hawk Girl and Aquaman get almost relegated to joke characters when in JL stories.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    At least WW gets to (usually) be powerful. Hawk Girl and Aquaman get almost relegated to joke characters when in JL stories.
    I don't see much in WW's portrayal in jl that screams powerful. She barely does anything in that book.

The writing in Wonder Woman original run provides better characterization of Diana and the amazons than most current runs. In story telling, personality, Power level, supporting cast etc, original wondy is superior. Which should be a warning sign to many writers, if a comic from the 40s can give us a bigger experience than them. Because they don't face the same limitations that writers faced in a very conservative era like the 40s.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

The JL has done more harm or underutilized Wonder Woman more in the post-Crisis era than it did back in the pre-Crisis era. From what I've read in the first Silver Age omnibus, and one of the Bronze age big omnibuses, she was treated well for the most part relative to those eras. She certainly fared better in a team setting with all men than the Marvel women did.

The worst thing was the fallout from Secret Agent Diana Prince, but the crap started in her own book.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    The writing in Wonder Woman original run provides better characterization of Diana and the amazons than most current runs. In story telling, personality, Power level, supporting cast etc, original wondy is superior. Which should be a warning sign to many writers, if a comic from the 40s can give us a bigger experience than them. Because they don't face the same limitations that writers faced in a very conservative era like the 40s.
    Aside from Amazons Attack and the New 52, nothing about the post crisis version is inferior. And Diana is most certainly not weaker now than she was in the golden age with her weakness of losing her powers if she's bound by a man.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    I don't see much in WW's portrayal in jl that screams powerful. She barely does anything in that book.
    Yeah. Most writers put a sword in her hand and write her like she's a less murderous Red Sonja. I kind of hate most modern writers tackling Diana because they marginalize her other traits for want of muh warrior princess. I swear, nobody even cares about the lasso much anymore. Snyder himself turned it into a ripchord for a chainsaw. It's always swords.

Batman kind of has a similar problem work coming across as a parody of a human hero, but I'd argue Diana is getting propped up on one leg by people who never understood her and she won't really get to stand on her own until they embrace all her qualities.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Jimenez and Rucka are closer representations of what an optimal WW mythos should be like than either Marston or Perez are on their own, because they combined some of the better aspects of both.

Except Etta Candy. You need to go to De Liz, Simone or Morrison for best modern Etta.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Aside from Amazons Attack and the New 52, nothing about the post crisis version is inferior. And Diana is most certainly not weaker now than she was in the golden age with her weakness of losing her powers if she's bound by a man.
    I wasn't talking about post crisis in my post. We had good runs like perez, ruka, simone, etc. But we had some bad runs too in my opinion . As far as power goes. Most of Diana's best feats come from her original run. Yes we saw some stupid weaknesses in golden age, like losing her powers when bound by a man. But we also have dumb weaknesses today like bullets.

The reason for the bound by men in the golden age made sense. More and more women went into the workforce yet many tried to kick women out so they can be mothers. Many feel she would have no real weakness if they take away the bullets. The issue is a few writers have her survive or have bullets not harm her. What would be Diana’s weakness. It’s kind of simple magic. Her own weapons can harm her. Regular bullets and swords can’t harm her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Huh, never crossed my mind but yeah, that is odd. That's a team up I'd like to read.
    It’d be a fantastic, purely platonic team up.