Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
Unlike the problems caused with Donna and aging up Steve, Wonder Woman lost nothing of value not being a founding member of the Justice League in the post-Crisis continuity and aside from being a cool poster image, her being on the team has largely contributed nothing of substance to her as a character or her larger world.
Sort of related to this, I think post-Crisis continuity stories of Diana's time on the JL have done more harm for her than the pre-COIE days and have sort of cast a retroactive pall on the Silver/Bronze age time on the team that otherwise isn't as bad as people think.

Considering the time period they were written, there is of course some cringy stuff once and a while, but the Silver Age omnibuses present her as being an equal to the men. And she was certainly more competent than the Marvel women were at the time. I think the worst event would be the fallout from Secret Agent Diana Prince, but that crap came from her book, not the teams.

I wouldn't say her losing the founding status hurts her IP at all, but it's also like...why do it if you don't have to? What does it accomplish besides continuity headaches when most of the stories were harmless?