Page 427 of 440 FirstFirst ... 327377417423424425426427428429430431437 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,405 of 6590
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Morrison's Batman? How?
    The presence of a Dr. Hurt style Big Bad villain, and the new equivalent to Damian in Lizzie, along with King always generally going for a "everything happened" approach. Which is why we seem to have Diana Prince in this run, and the Mod era is confirmed canon as far as he's concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    New 52 WW was sold as a reboot and thats what we got. Rebirth wasn't a reboot.
    Rebirth was sold as a "return to what fans loved because New 52 bombed" and that's what we got.

Why are people acting like Azzarello's run wasn't already destroyed by the Finch run?

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I think you're letting your dislike of New 52 Wonder Woman's "erasure" color how you feel about Rucka's Rebirth. He revamped and remade Villainy Incorporated into Godwatch and it what he did with Dr. Cyber was genuinely amazing.
    I do like a lot of the stories elements, but right now whenever I think about his run, I can't help but think Greg Rucka is personally lecturing me that "this is what a real Wonder Woman story looks like."
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I mean, New 52 Superman was replaced with pre crisis Superman
    He was introduced during convergence and had his first series during DCYou. Death of New 52 Superman was an important plot point in few Rebirth Superman books and later it was retconned that it ws actually same Superman all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Is it weird that I like/liked Rucka, Azzarello (gasp!), and King's runs (although, admittedly, Rucka's second run kind of left me cold, which was disappointing)?
    Has anyone said it's weird?
    Last edited by Agent Z; 01-27-2024 at 05:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The presence of a Dr. Hurt style Big Bad villain, and the new equivalent to Damian in Lizzie, along with King always generally going for a "everything happened" approach. Which is why we seem to have Diana Prince in this run, and the Mod era is confirmed canon as far as he's concerned.
    I really disagree on "everything happened" approach. Morrison, with certain limitations, tried to explain how and why everything happened. For example, most of the Black Casebook stories didn't actually happen as they were written back in the day, but were the result of drug usage, mind breaking experiments and Hurt's manipulations. King, and majority of other DC's writers, rarely bother to explain how exactly contradicting (or previously forgotten) storylines are supposed to be set in the same continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Is it weird that I like/liked Rucka, Azzarello (gasp!), and King's runs (although, admittedly, Rucka's second run kind of left me cold, which was disappointing)?
    No, give up your badge, sell the comics, swear to never practice bdsm again, and as a penance you now have to go to Spiderman's subreddit to read 100 complaints about how Paul is worse than Hitler.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Has anyone said it's weird?
    There do seem to be a few lines drawn in the sand, but IDK.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    No, give up your badge, sell the comics, swear to never practice bdsm again, and as a penance you now have to go to Spiderman's subreddit to read 100 complaints about how Paul is worse than Hitler.
    LOL!
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

King retconning that Rebirth Vanessa was actually falling in love with Diana is kinda weird, but I don't really mind it (yet) it since it makes her more distinct as a character (apart from her looks I mean).

~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Yikes. Vanessa falling in love with Diana is the yucky tryhard development I did not need in the WW book. But whatever, to each their own, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Yikes. Vanessa falling in love with Diana is the yucky tryhard development I did not need in the WW book. But whatever, to each their own, I guess.
    Reading that page makes me wonder if that Steel guy would be willing to give it a try? Seems unlikely, but that look on Vanessa's face....

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    King retconning that Rebirth Vanessa was actually falling in love with Diana is kinda weird, but I don't really mind it (yet) it since it makes her more distinct as a character (apart from her looks I mean).

Didn't a back-up redeem her at some point?

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Didn't a back-up redeem her at some point?
    Yeah. And then it was ignored by every writer for whatever reason.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post

It seems like a hamfisted attempt at more lgbtq representation that we didn't really need. It also makes the original Diana/Vanessa sisterhood feel sort of creepy. Though at least Sampere streamlined Silver Swan's costume and got rid of the fringe and spats.

SILVER SWAN 26.jpg