Page 243 of 440 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245246247253293343 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 6586

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    OR her compound that messed with planes...science was basically magic. I'd definitely love to see some more absurd chemical concoctions from her.

Does Themyscira have any unique flora or fauna that we know of? (I'm pretty sure Kangas count), because taking some of Wonder Woman's rogues to Transformation/Reform Island could give them resources that they wouldn't have elsewhere.
    In Jimenez’s run, there was a flora on Themyscira that pretty much made Circe powerless and how they were able to keep her prisoner.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    When you are able to foresee what your enemy is going to do, it more than gives you an advantage to a degree. Unlike Batman who is completely powerless, slade has Enhanced intelligence, strength, agility, durability, stamina, and reflexes Skilled swordsman, marksman and hand-to-hand combatant Accelerated healing. He's more of a threat to her than most of Dianas classic villains if she is face2face with them. Poison and Psycho just need to be in Dianas general vicinity and she technically should be fast enough to take them out.

Even high tech armor, how do you make armor that is as strong as a god?

But all of that is exactly why I can personally look the other way in certain instances and dont take it that seriously. I like to see Diana give them the fight of their lives and win in the end. Otherwise its just very boring and she shouldn't show up outside of her book, a Superman book, JL.
    You say that like Diana not interacting with the rest of the DC universe would be an entirely bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    In Jimenez’s run, there was a flora on Themyscira that pretty much made Circe powerless and how they were able to keep her prisoner.
    It's actually from Greek Myths. Some herb the Greeks called "Moly".... but it was a mythical plant. For mortals to have it would be weird. Amazons? that's different.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    When you are able to foresee what your enemy is going to do, it more than gives you an advantage to a degree. Unlike Batman who is completely powerless, slade has Enhanced intelligence, strength, agility, durability, stamina, and reflexes Skilled swordsman, marksman and hand-to-hand combatant Accelerated healing. He's more of a threat to her than most of Dianas classic villains if she is face2face with them. Poison and Psycho just need to be in Dianas general vicinity and she technically should be fast enough to take them out.

Even high tech armor, how do you make armor that is as strong as a god?

But all of that is exactly why I can personally look the other way in certain instances and dont take it that seriously. I like to see Diana give them the fight of their lives and win in the end. Otherwise its just very boring and she shouldn't show up outside of her book, a Superman book, JL.
    With her powers. She should have no issue at all with somebody like deathstroke.

And you are right. She shouldn't show up to fight a street leveler. She is not needed for that when countless acrually street level characters can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I feel like this shows how little thought was put into the type of villains that are appropriate for Diana. At the risk of sounding like a certain poster, shonen anime and manga are generally better at this.
    Yeah, you won't see shonen give a planetary character street level villains. The villains are always at the same level or stronger than the main character.

Diana's villains on the other hand are mostly weaker than her and only get by by her mercy. Someone like Cheetah could be dangerous and speed wise she's fast but her durability and strength are trash. Silver Swan, the Mask, Dr. Poison, Dr. Cyber, Blue Snowman, Veronica Cale, etc are all weaker than her.

The strongest villains she has is Ares, Circe and Genocide. Maybe Devastation and First Born too.

She should ddefinitely have more High-tier villains. Grail would have been a nice addition but she kinda floundered. I remember Diana beating her and Jason singlehandedly which kinda lowered Grail's position compared to her first appearance.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I also miss Dr. Poison's freakin' weird-ass concoctions she made in her early appearances. Like, a drug that makes people do the opposite of what they are told? I want her to dump that on Wonder Woman and see what happens!

And if she can make weird stuff like that, why stop there? It doesn't have to be deadly gas she uses all the time. Lately she's been shown enhancing other villains abilities as well, which is something I like.
    I wouldn't mind a sequel or an updated reimaging to Pandora Virus. Considering how Covid literally shutdown the world, A Justice League: Pandora Virus that also impacts world center could be amazingly catastrophic. Just imagine Gotham dealing with the Pandora Virus based on what we know today with Covid. That could be a truly terrifying, all-hands-on-deck situation.

Hell even think of a Capitol Riot with supervillains and civilians because of how the government mismanaged the situation all as Dr. Poison cackles at people's misery.

I also think turning some mythical creatures into viruses could be wonderful. A Medusa Virus that turns people to stone is something I've wanted for years. What about an EROS toxin that turns transforms love into a deadly obsession. Or The Venus Project which takes inspiration from a Buffy episode where people literally have sex to death - sounds like a good Valentine's Day special.

There's no reason Dr. Poison couldn't be a global threat. Covid has shown us for nearly two years now that we are completely unprepared for such a villain.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post

There's no reason Dr. Poison couldn't be a global threat. Covid has shown us for nearly two years now that we are completely unprepared for such a villain.

Yup. We talked about this in the Wonder Woman event thread a bit I think. People here always take about the gods or Cheetah or Circe of Veronica Cale, but Poison is the real deal.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Yup. We talked about this in the Wonder Woman event thread a bit I think. People here always take about the gods or Cheetah or Circe of Veronica Cale, but Poison is the real deal.

I think it's because Poison is not a physical fighter, but there are SO many various toxins in real life that can effect things differently. I was just thinking of parasitic mushrooms and thought of how their chemical reactions in the brain of insects can be enhanced to people...or goddesses. Heck just think if she got her hands on the mythical Moly, what could she do with that?

Since DC wants to steer away from a villainous chemist Poison Ivy in favor of the chlorokinetic champion for the earth. Perhaps it's time for the original brilliant chemist to take center stage, the possibilities with her are rather endless really with the various chemicals that she uses. I think people think too much on specifically deadly toxin instead of how her chemical concoctions can alter things like wildlife, plants, people, and even other villains. Posion might not need to fight Wonder Woman physically, but if she really needs to she can just pour a chemical on some of the dirt near her causing mutations in the ants nearby... I really think Ms. Maru could create monsters if she wanted to.
    Last edited by Mistah K88; 05-06-2021 at 04:25 PM.

We could go full on Resident Evil with Dr. Poison...

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    We could go full on Resident Evil with Dr. Poison...
    Heh, Devastation once gave Poison a sample of her own blood. Mmm..... Yes... very "Resident Evil"...

The covid pandemic was caused by government incompetence not a supervillain cooking up a virus in a lab.

Circe, Cheetah and Ares also have a far better track record of stories than Poison does.

The covid pandemic was caused by government incompetence not a supervillain cooking up a virus in a lab.

Circe, Cheetah and Ares also have a far better track record of stories than Poison does.
    We are arguing that Dr Poison has far more potential than those characters. I would even say that she is a better choice for a Wonder Woman event any day because of the human element.

Nevermine.
    Last edited by Gaius; 05-07-2021 at 04:14 AM.

Incredible Member

Are you choosing to ignore literal paragraphs to make your point? Literally, no one said that Covid was cooked up in a lab or is some manmade disease. I was using Covid as an example of how a pandemic can literally shut the world down, and I gave several examples of mythological poisons that Poison could create that could mimic a comic book sized pandemic of that nature and even how it could include the entire D.C. Universe.

Dr. Poison can and should have a better track record. Just because she doesn't now doesn't mean she can't in the future. There's a reason she was a villain in Wonder Woman 2017 and Bloodlines and was going to be a genderswapped villain in one of the Wonder Woman film drafts that didn't make it to screen. Poison has a lot of potential, just because it hasn't been realized doesn't mean it's not there.

Poison worked well for the movie as a minion but I find it questionable if that means she has potential as a Big Bad the way Ares or Circe is.

I'm not even saying she's a bad character but she clearly has her lane.