Page 7 of 440 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    But why is it bullet's that are the achilles heel? And is it really a good idea to give her one that's so commonplace?
    It's not a common weakness because she can block bullets, she even did so while blind. It's uncommon for them to hit her.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    It's not a common weakness because she can block bullets, she even did so while blind. It's uncommon for them to hit her.
    And Aquaman spent most of the time under water, but they still got rid of the "can't stay out of the water for more than an hour at a time" weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    That's funny, it makes perfect sense to me, because of magic.
    I can think of an explanation that kinda makes sense to me.... but only kinda.

In the JLA cartoon Diana talked to Hephaestus about the Destroyer armor. Hephaestus didn't tell her what she wanted to know, but made a vague comment about how all of his creations had a potentially fatal flaw.... including her armor. Thing is... it's never explained what Hephaestus meant by that. We find out later that the Destroyer armor's limitation is that it has no internal power supply and requires external motivation. So it's not necessarily a literal Achilles heel, but possibly a figurative one. BUT, if the armor simply doesn't block arrows and bullets, that could explain why they hurt her.

Having Diana use a sword is not a problem. It's just another tool in her arsenal and the lasso isn't going anywhere. What is an issue is depicting her as being overly violent and uncontrollable and as Bruce Timm shows, you don't need a sword for that.

The sword is stupid because she doesn't have a sheath in her costume to place it in when she isn't hacking the heads off her enemies.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Susan Eisenberg is overrated, I think Maggie Q does a better job voicing Wonder Woman in Young Justice

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    Susan Eisenberg is overrated, I think Maggie Q does a better job voicing Wonder Woman in Young Justice
    Did I read this right? Maggie Q is now voicing WW?

I don't think Ms Eisenberg is overrated but I am a Maggie Q fan and am superhappy to hear of this voicework avenue for her career!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    The sword is stupid because she doesn't have a sheath in her costume to place it in when she isn't hacking the heads off her enemies.
    I thought some versions did wear a sheath, I know Deva usually does.

Incredible Member

I don't care about Diana's conception origin. I don't think either the clay or the Zeus origin has lead to particularly captivating or engaging storytelling that has made either a pertinent aspect of her mythology, especially since Ares is easily interwoven into both origins.

Dr. Poison should be one of Diana's biggest rogues. A truly evil woman, a rarity in comics, who can create any poison, hallucinogen, or plague that a writer can imagine. The first Wonder Woman film, Batman Begins, the two Batman Arkham games, Spiderman PS4 and even Rise of the Tomb Raider side content shows how versatile and equalizing poison can be in a narrative. Dr. Poison should be reeking having in the entirety of the DC Universe, and the fact that she is not shows the lack of regard DC editorial has for the Wonder Mythos.

I want an entire arc that has nothing to do with Themyscira or Gods or mythology. I actually think mythological figures are one of the worst aspects of the Wonder mythos, with the exception of Ares and Circe.

I like Maxwell Lord as a major Wonder Woman villain. A team up with Circe would be a great story to tell. He should be a mortal man with no metahuman abilities.

I prefer Wonder Woman does not fly.

Diana Prince should be a part of her mythos, and I would like her to work in a museum as a curator.

I prefer Diana be headquartered in Europe.

I would like to see the bracelet absorption and and energy blasts to be incorporated into the comics.

Circe should have purple hair.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Swords are a natural extension to Diana’s tool set. She is an amazon swords, spears and shields were probably one of the first tools she learned to use.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I don't care about Diana's conception origin. I don't think either the clay or the Zeus origin has lead to particularly captivating or engaging storytelling that has made either a pertinent aspect of her mythology, especially since Ares is easily interwoven into both origins.

Dr. Poison should be one of Diana's biggest rogues. A truly evil woman, a rarity in comics, who can create any poison, hallucinogen, or plague that a writer can imagine. The first Wonder Woman film, Batman Begins, the two Batman Arkham games, Spiderman PS4 and even Rise of the Tomb Raider side content shows how versatile and equalizing poison can be in a narrative. Dr. Poison should be reeking having in the entirety of the DC Universe, and the fact that she is not shows the lack of regard DC editorial has for the Wonder Mythos.

I want an entire arc that has nothing to do with Themyscira or Gods or mythology. I actually think mythological figures are one of the worst aspects of the Wonder mythos, with the exception of Ares and Circe.

I like Maxwell Lord as a major Wonder Woman villain. A team up with Circe would be a great story to tell. He should be a mortal man with no metahuman abilities.

I prefer Wonder Woman does not fly.

Diana Prince should be a part of her mythos, and I would like her to work in a museum as a curator.

I prefer Diana be headquartered in Europe.

I would like to see the bracelet absorption and and energy blasts to be incorporated into the comics.

Circe should have purple hair.
    In most of the cases you mentioned, the poison villain was a threat to one corner of their universe not the entirety of it. A person skilled with poisons isn't much use against Diana.

Also, Max was better off a hero and they should have used Dr Psycho in his place.

Speaking of Dr Psycho, either get rid of him being a little person or get rid of him entirely.

It should be easy to bs it.

"Ares greatest triumph was the fire-arm, with it even the most uneducated peasant could become a killer, he gave it his blessing and this resonates against his enemies whom are weakened"

Or just a curse from Ares.

This is why I prefer Diana being solely a myth/magic story character. Any bullets she deals with will be magical in nature so you have an excuse for why they hurt her.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Swords are a natural extension to Diana’s tool set. She is an amazon swords, spears and shields were probably one of the first tools she learned to use.
    But the implication is, that because she doesn't have a scabbard, she's essentially carrying it in her hand at all times. Azzarello had the right idea; if your going to make her bear a sword, have it so she can disappear them at a moments whim.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    This is why I prefer Diana being solely a myth/magic story character. Any bullets she deals with will be magical in nature so you have an excuse for why they hurt her.
    I like the middle ground approach where ordinary bullets kinda hurt, but not enough to be life threatening.