Page 215 of 440 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225265315 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 6586

One idea I kind of want to being is maybe some of the Amazons do leave the Island but come back at a certain time. Some come pregnant or others being tech. This is if Dc doesn't being back Magic Sphere. I mean if you want the Amazons to be advance. One reason would have to be there has to be something in the Island. Like Maybe the doomgate left some monsters on the Island. Which is why there needs to be quicker weapons

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Even in Martson's version she was still stronger and faster than the rest of the Amazons. She had an unfair advantage over them.
    But i guess I see the Contest in a different light. It's not that she had an " unfair advantage". It's obviously her destiny to win. She is the Wonder Woman.

The Contest is the catalyst. It's the reason she makes the concious choice to participate, knowing that if she wins, she will be leaving her mother, her sisters, her immortality, and a safe life in Paradise.

Without it, she woukd have just lived a happy, peaceful life on the Island. But instead, it forces her to move beyond her comfort zone, and choose to protect mankind from evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I looked those up. Bracelets look nothing like what the Amazons wear. Calling them gauntlets or bracers is more fitting.
    But they are neither, according to the definitions of each.

Bracers are for archers, and protect the inside of their forearm. Gauntlets are armored gloves, as part of a suit of armor. The Amazons' bracelets are based off of the manacles they were forced to wear while enslaved by Hercules and his men. So they would be mirevakin to a cuff ( which is a type of bracelet)

Traditionally, the Bracelets of the Amazons are mainly jewelry. They hold strong religious connotations, serving as a reminder of their darkest hour and their redemption. It's like their version of a Crucifix.

If there is one thing is should the Amazons and Diana be weak to our weapons has they are to their own? I often take it that while yea the Amazons and Diana should be harmed or killed by bullets due to their class of being superhuman it shouldn't be easy. I know it's the whole should Diana be bulletproof. But all I'm saying it shouldn't be a one two three thing that one would have to plan out and not a kick chance to get Diana or the Amazons. The Amazons of course should be weaker than Diana.

However, if we are to look at the Greek myths if we are to take ares words has true. Diana would have already been a Demi goddess. So her strength could easily be due to her mom being a demi goddess has well

I don't get the hype around Yara.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    She’s a fun alternate take on Wonderwoman. What’s not to get.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Different culture, different mythology, great art, and DC apparently have a lot Brazilian fans

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    One idea I kind of want to being is maybe some of the Amazons do leave the Island but come back at a certain time. Some come pregnant or others being tech. This is if Dc doesn't being back Magic Sphere. I mean if you want the Amazons to be advance. One reason would have to be there has to be something in the Island. Like Maybe the doomgate left some monsters on the Island. Which is why there needs to be quicker weapons
    I considered a similar idea for my own take on WW but I later realized that it could easily pave the way for Azarello's Rapeazon take on Themyscira.

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    But i guess I see the Contest in a different light. It's not that she had an " unfair advantage". It's obviously her destiny to win. She is the Wonder Woman.

The Contest is the catalyst. It's the reason she makes the concious choice to participate, knowing that if she wins, she will be leaving her mother, her sisters, her immortality, and a safe life in Paradise.

Without it, she woukd have just lived a happy, peaceful life on the Island. But instead, it forces her to move beyond her comfort zone, and choose to protect mankind from evil.
    I'm not a fan of chosen one narratives. The competition is necessary to show Diana earned her job and to showcase Amazonian culture. If she is 'destined' to win, it defeats the purpose of competing. I'm not a fan of taking out the competition entirely but she needs to have competed with the same strength/speed levels as the other Amazonians.

I'm not a fan of chosen one narratives. The competition is necessary to show Diana earned her job and to showcase Amazonian culture. If she is 'destined' to win, it defeats the purpose of competing. I'm not a fan of taking out the competition entirely but she needs to have competed with the same strength/speed levels as the other Amazonians.
    I agree. I loathe destiny and fate and "chosen ones". It removes agency and achievement from characters to me.

Been lurking since '08 Marik Swift's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I agree. I loathe destiny and fate and "chosen ones". It removes agency and achievement from characters to me.
    Exactly. I've been saying this and people don't seem to understand. If Diana was destined to win or was far superior physically from the beginning it removed all sense of accomplishment for her, which not only make her look bad, but also makes the Amazons look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    She’s a fun alternate take on Wonderwoman. What’s not to get.
    My only thought on this is that she's a brand new character with very little history to draw on and there was talk of her getting a tv series.
    I'd rather see a character get more development in the comics before they're farmed out to movies and television - especially a starring role in a television series where they're going to be doing more work on her than the comic version has gotten.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marik Swift View Post
    Exactly. I've been saying this and people don't seem to understand. If Diana was destined to win or was far superior physically from the beginning it removed all sense of accomplishment for her, which not only make her look bad, but also makes the Amazons look bad.
    In the Golden Age stories, there was no destiny angle. She entered the Contest on her own and became champion because she worked hardest at her Amazon training. The destiny stuff is from the Perez run.

Her being the mightiest Amazon and not having a greater destiny don't have to be mutually exclusive.

The DC wiki has separate entries for Earth 1 Steve https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Steven_Trevor_(Earth-One)
    and the AU Steve that comes to Earth 1 https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Steven_Trevor_(Earth-270)
    Strangely though they write it up as if he effectively is replaced by Earth 1 Steve when he gets his memories, and they attribute his later appearances to Steve 1.
    Having just read the pertinent issues, that doesn't seem like it's the case. He does get the memories of Steve (and some hazy memories of Steve Howard, which implies that he doesn't know Diana's secret identity), but he still has the memories of the life he's had on Earth 1 and seems to me to be the same character that he'd been.

How can we balance out the competition? That's why I did love Mala. If they did being her back and pushed this idea that Diana could have close it would be great

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    In the Golden Age stories, there was no destiny angle. She entered the Contest on her own and became champion because she worked hardest at her Amazon training. The destiny stuff is from the Perez run.

Her being the mightiest Amazon and not having a greater destiny don't have to be mutually exclusive.
    Yes, you can be the strongest man on earth but that doesn't mean you are destined to compete in strong-man competitions. How you want to spend your life is your choice.