Page 188 of 194 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 2903
  1. #2806
    The Last Dragon masterwitcher88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I was thinking that if they ever do go back. That would include Vannesa. Diana and Vannesa could live together as College students. Marston University where both humans and mythical creatures go. Athena is the head of the University.
    Why would a 3000+ year old amazon goddess, who received education thousands of times greater than anything in mans world, need to go to college? Why would Athena be there?
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

  2. #2807
    The Last Dragon masterwitcher88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    303

    Default

    The holiday girls aren't pointless, they just need to be reintroduced in modern times.

    Take the Marston Uni idea, have the holiday girls be the main sorority group there, they take care to fundraisers and parties etc... Rebirth Etta used to be a holiday girl, so was Helena Sandsmark and she is now a teacher there. The university is know for its classical studies, archeology, law, and sciences, also its lacrosse team. Chiron, the great teacher, could be the head of the school.

    Gateway city is suppose to be an actual gateway right? so, a lot of mythical creatures are spotted in Gateway city. Like modern urban legends. And the more "elite" holiday girls are trained in dealing with mythical threats like harpies and a minotaur etc... they also work on rehabilitation and aid to mythical refugees. Some of the holiday girls could be myths themselves.

    Now we tie this to the wondermythos. Who is old enough to start looking at colleges? Cassie. Who's mom was once a holiday girl? Cassie. Who's mom teaches at Marston Uni? Cassie. Who now operates in Gateway city because we are making it Diana's main city? Cassie. Are you seeing what I'm saying?
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

  3. #2808
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    55,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Earth 3 Superwoman is weird. She seems to be an Amazon but her secret identity seems to be Lois, meaning she’s Diana AND Lois’ evil counterpart. I don’t think we ever got her origin, another of Johns’ dropped plot threads.
    Kind of a tangent, but it took me forever to realize Superwoman in Crisis on Two Earths was actually an evil Mary Marvel and not an evil counterpart for Wonder Woman until I saw her Made Men were the Marvel Family and we actually got to see the evil Wonder Woman in that dock fight scene.

  4. #2809
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    The holiday girls aren't pointless, they just need to be reintroduced in modern times.

    Take the Marston Uni idea, have the holiday girls be the main sorority group there, they take care to fundraisers and parties etc... Rebirth Etta used to be a holiday girl, so was Helena Sandsmark and she is now a teacher there. The university is know for its classical studies, archeology, law, and sciences, also its lacrosse team. Chiron, the great teacher, could be the head of the school.

    Gateway city is suppose to be an actual gateway right? so, a lot of mythical creatures are spotted in Gateway city. Like modern urban legends. And the more "elite" holiday girls are trained in dealing with mythical threats like harpies and a minotaur etc... they also work on rehabilitation and aid to mythical refugees. Some of the holiday girls could be myths themselves.

    Now we tie this to the wondermythos. Who is old enough to start looking at colleges? Cassie. Who's mom was once a holiday girl? Cassie. Who's mom teaches at Marston Uni? Cassie. Who now operates in Gateway city because we are making it Diana's main city? Cassie. Are you seeing what I'm saying?
    Athena is there since in my idea Gateway is actually gateway. She looks after the mythical creatures. To be honest I should make her in charge of the police. Yea That's what I was saying some Holliday Girls are travels by Athena or some other gods or mythical creatures. That's why I wanted Athena to be at Marston university. To be honest I like the idea of Diana learning about Man's word through some matter. So I thought even she is actually 18 again(Not in this comic cannon right) or she learns with Vannesa and her family. If you watch Dc Superhero girl Diana is over 300 years old but she is physically 17. Yea I really like your idea. There is one idea to being back. Reform Island. So should it be on Gateway or in another dimension?


    Often my plan is the Holliday Girls is Diana's personal army or help her in other ways if she needs them. They don't always have to fight. I know many don't like it but Diana Prince can still exist. Due to Gateway working some mythical creatures would need a regular name and are refugees so they would get papers.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 09-20-2020 at 09:06 AM.

  5. #2810
    The Last Dragon masterwitcher88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Athena is there since in my idea Gateway is actually gateway. She looks after the mythical creatures. To be honest I should make her in charge of the police. Yea That's what I was saying some Holliday Girls are travels by Athena or some other gods or mythical creatures. That's why I wanted Athena to be at Marston university. To be honest I like the idea of Diana learning about Man's word through some matter. So I thought even she is actually 18 again(Not in this comic cannon right) or she learns with Vannesa and her family. If you watch Dc Superhero girl Diana is over 300 years old but she is physically 17. Yea I really like your idea. There is one idea to being back. Reform Island. So should it be on Gateway or in another dimension?


    Often my plan is the Holliday Girls is Diana's personal army or help her in other ways if she needs them. They don't always have to fight. I know many don't like it but Diana Prince can still exist. Due to Gateway working some mythical creatures would need a regular name and are refugees so they would get papers.
    I would be very carful about stories involving the police. I would not put ANY of the main Olympians in Gateway city. Diana is around her early 30s in this cannon. She can learn about mans world through her own experiences as a hero and ambassador, she doesn't need to be a college student.

    Reformation island should be a part of the islands connected to paradise island. There is a portal hidden in Marston Uni where the holiday girls use to transport people there. The city's whole area is a portal, rifts that just open from the divine realm that causes creatures from mythology to come out or cataclysmic events.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

  6. #2811
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,463

    Default

    I mean the Holliday Girls should be or at least the ones who graduated should have some role to protect the citizens. But in most modern stories she doesn't know the English language so unless when she is blessed she learns all the languages. I mean it should be important if Diana needs help she can relay on the Holliday Girls. Also, I think it would be cool if Diana's house would be in a place here no media attention can find her. In extending my Gateway city idea there are other Gateway cities around the way. So at times, Diana can travel. Had the idea of Diana can be other mthical creature in not just Gateway City.

  7. #2812
    Mighty Member Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    1,831

    Default

    I guess related to this but I don't really see the need for Diana to have a fictional city along the lines of what Superman, Batman, etc have. I don't really think it's a ding on her if she operates out of a real one and honestly putting in her in another of DC's endless made-up generic fictional cities makes her less unique than those who say being bulletproof/self-powered flight do.

  8. #2813
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    102

    Default

    what? why tho. they shouldn't mix Wonderwoman and batman.

  9. #2814
    Mighty Member Koriand'r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I guess related to this but I don't really see the need for Diana to have a fictional city along the lines of what Superman, Batman, etc have. I don't really think it's a ding on her if she operates out of a real one and honestly putting in her in another of DC's endless made-up generic fictional cities makes her less unique than those who say being bulletproof/self-powered flight do.
    I prefer Washington, D.C. but posters here make Gateway sound really appealing.

  10. #2815
    Incredible Member Psy-lock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    561

    Default

    I'm also don't think she needs a fictional city. After 80 years of publication it just feels forced. Washington or Boston are perfectly fine as her residence.

  11. #2816
    The Last Dragon masterwitcher88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    303

    Default

    See, a problem that I have with using a real world city is that your basically forced to use that cities land marks. Why should there even be a Marston Uni or really any fictional spot in DC or Boston when we can just use what's already there. Where is the joy of playing god for a writer, having the option to build onto something like others did for Gotham and Metropolis. Gateway city exists in DC canon since rebirth, was even shown by Jessica Cruz and Simon Baz early in their lantern run. Diana needs a fictional place she can call her own. At this point Gotham, even Metropolis, are their own characters, the cities have history and important land marks and maps. There is an instant association and image when it comes to the Bat franchise and its setting. What's Wonder Woman's? Gateway city is creative world building, she has lagged far too behind in the this area. Setting is an important part of story development especially for a long running franchise and Diana doesn't have that outside the broad stroke of "mythology". If Diana was living in an interesting place more or less designed for her we wouldn't be here talking about which city she would be best in, we would be talking about Gateway city. DC, Boston, Virginia, the UK, Paris, don't seem to be doing it considering how many times she's moved.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

  12. #2817
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    5,730

    Default

    I agree it's better if she has a fictional city of her own, because I wanna put Holiday College, Steve's Air Force Base, the Kapatelis home, Mayer's office, Cale's office, Minerva's mansion, Diana and Steve's beach house, and maybe some of the Amazons who defect from the island, male and female, in one place, but it comes with just one caveat... we gotta do another reboot.

  13. #2818
    Astonishing Member kjn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,640

    Default

    Chalk me down for placing Diana in Washington DC, if she is to be stationed in America. It's where she started back in the day, and where Rebirth placed her. As a character with a focus on diplomacy and government on the highest levels, that is the place where she should be. The only place in the USA with similar stature would be New York, and that's already where Batmand and Superman are symbolically situated. There is a reason why the 2017 movie placed her in Paris and London, and that WW84 places her in Washington.

    Having to use real-life landmarks is no real problem, as Marvel has demonstrated for a long time by now. Minor places, like Holliday College, can easily be added.

    I also think people here underestimate the effort needed to establish a fictional city in a true sense. How many fictional cities can be said to have an identity of their own? There really are only two: Gotham City, then it's nothing, then you get Metropolis, and then you get a whole lot of nothing. And comics thrive on a real sense of space and place.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

  14. #2819
    Incredible Member Psy-lock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    See, a problem that I have with using a real world city is that your basically forced to use that cities land marks.
    But why? Most heroes in the Marvel universe operate in real life cities but they still have their own fictional landmarks.

    Gateway city exists in DC canon since rebirth, was even shown by Jessica Cruz and Simon Baz early in their lantern run
    The thing I don't like about Gateway is that it wasn't created for Wonder Woman. Having to borrow a fictional city from another hero makes her look pathetic.

    At this point Gotham, even Metropolis, are their own characters, the cities have history and important land marks and maps
    Sure, but these cities have been around for decades. It would take about as much time for a potential fictional city for Wonder Woman to reach this level.

  15. #2820
    Mighty Member Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    1,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    See, a problem that I have with using a real world city is that your basically forced to use that cities land marks. Why should there even be a Marston Uni or really any fictional spot in DC or Boston when we can just use what's already there. Where is the joy of playing god for a writer, having the option to build onto something like others did for Gotham and Metropolis. Gateway city exists in DC canon since rebirth, was even shown by Jessica Cruz and Simon Baz early in their lantern run. Diana needs a fictional place she can call her own. At this point Gotham, even Metropolis, are their own characters, the cities have history and important land marks and maps. There is an instant association and image when it comes to the Bat franchise and its setting. What's Wonder Woman's? Gateway city is creative world building, she has lagged far too behind in the this area. Setting is an important part of story development especially for a long running franchise and Diana doesn't have that outside the broad stroke of "mythology". If Diana was living in an interesting place more or less designed for her we wouldn't be here talking about which city she would be best in, we would be talking about Gateway city. DC, Boston, Virginia, the UK, Paris, don't seem to be doing it considering how many times she's moved.
    To jump across the pond here, Marvel's NYC is full of fictional landmarks and locations in addition to the real ones, or that usually override the real ones for the sake of storytelling.

    And not to get to much into Superman or Batman's controversial opinion territory but honestly I'd say Metropolis and Gotham having a distinct "character" is honestly overstated if you ask me. Maybe in certain adaptations or under particular writers/eras they do but Gotham in particular these days comes off as more just a pile-on of every "urban hellhole" cliché from the past 80 years.
    Last edited by Gaius; 09-21-2020 at 07:02 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •