Page 257 of 440 FirstFirst ... 157207247253254255256257258259260261267307357 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,855 of 6586

In the Golden Age, the Amazons used 'Amazonium'. Of course, nowadays it would be unfairly compared to Vibranium. However, Themyscira could still be rich in natural resources and that out of a sense of duty and curiosity they began to build their own technology to better protect themselves, explore possibilities and gain a greater understanding of the world. Hippolyta has a magic mirror that can view the outside world, the Amazons could go on expeditions to the outside world where they take inspiration from existing technology and reverse engineer better technology.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    In the Golden Age, the Amazons used 'Amazonium'. Of course, nowadays it would be unfairly compared to Vibranium. However, Themyscira could still be rich in natural resources and that out of a sense of duty and curiosity they began to build their own technology to better protect themselves, explore possibilities and gain a greater understanding of the world. Hippolyta has a magic mirror that can view the outside world, the Amazons could go on expeditions to the outside world where they take inspiration from existing technology and reverse engineer better technology.
    Yeah my idea was that Amazonium isn't a real element, but a form of metal that's been tempered with magic.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

The WW show had Feminum. Just give in..."adapt" that. No one can really hate.

"Special alloy created by the Amazons and the formulae is only known to the blacksmiths of the Amazons." There. Simple. Distinctive. Haters can hate all they want.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

WW would be far better off retired at this point. DC is not obligated to publish content to sell merch. So it would be better to stop than continuing this mediocre, weaklink and middle of the road approach we have been having for years now. She will never be one of the top power guns again. Will never be shown as the best melee fighter in the world like they also hype her up. Will never have the brains next to the likes of batman. So they should just retire her. Since they can not let her be more than just a middle of the road super human warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    WW would be far better off retired at this point. DC is not obligated to publish content to sell merch. So it would be better to stop than continuing this mediocre, weaklink and middle of the road approach we have been having for years now. She will never be one of the top power guns again. Will never be shown as the best melee fighter in the world like they also hype her up. Will never have the brains next to the likes of batman. So they should just retire her. Since they can not let her be more than just a middle of the road super human warrior.
    But I'm enjoying the current run.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Me too.

(10Char)

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Good to hear. But even though i don't want to sound negative. This run is just 3 issues in. It is too early to claim victory. A lot of broken promises in past runs prove that we shouldn't hold our breath.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Good to hear. But even though i don't want to sound negative. This run is just 3 issues in. It is too early to claim victory. A lot of broken promises in past runs prove that we shouldn't hold our breath.
    That's fair. I'm optimistic but still waiting until the current arc is finished to judge. I thought Wilson's started off pretty good with a decent arc before getting rather boring rather quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Yes, they cannot even use adamantine anymore, the metal created by Hephaestus which was the basis for adamantium, because too many readers would think the original was the ripoff.

Also, I thought it was called Feminum although I know that was a creation of the Lynda Carter show?
    Power with Girl is better.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

That's fair. I'm optimistic but still waiting until the current arc is finished to judge. I thought Wilson's started off pretty good with a decent arc before getting rather boring rather quickly.
    Yeah I was optimistic with Wilson's run too and thought people were crapping on it too quickly during the first couple arcs, but it did get boring pretty quick. And even in hindsight, the first arc was ok but it did show some of the cracks that would develop later.

It may be too early to tell, but I think this run is already stronger than the first arc in that run, so I don't foresee it tanking quite the same way, if at all.

Julia Kapatelis is one of the most important characters in Wonder Woman and fiction as a whole for being an archaeologist who respects foreign cultures rather than being a glorified grave robber.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Julia Kapatelis is one of the most important characters in Wonder Woman and fiction as a whole for being an archaeologist who respects foreign cultures rather than being a glorified grave robber.
    My father is an archeologist and he hates that “grave robber” troupe in Media.

Plus Julia is an all-around cool character in my book.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 05-20-2021 at 04:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Well, I’m not sure how one ranks the importance of fictional characters but I do agree I consider the Kapatelis women as important supporting characters like Steve and Etta.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yeah I was optimistic with Wilson's run too and thought people were crapping on it too quickly during the first couple arcs, but it did get boring pretty quick. And even in hindsight, the first arc was ok but it did show some of the cracks that would develop later.

It may be too early to tell, but I think this run is already stronger than the first arc in that run, so I don't foresee it tanking quite the same way, if at all.
    No, I agree I think the current arc is off to a better start than where Wilson started. Which I think I liked her arc more in concept and some moments here and there than it's overall execution.
    Last edited by Gaius; 05-20-2021 at 05:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    My father is an archeologist and he hates that “grave robber” troupe in Media.

Plus Julia is an all-around cool character in my book.
    Yeah Indiana Jones kinda went in weird ways. On the one hand he's not really "robbing" but on the other hand he's not doing a whole lot of archaeology either. The films do show some of that, but not often.