Page 48 of 440 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I totally disagree with everything you said, sorry. I'm a fan of the star spangled bathing suit with an eagle or =W= on her chest, though I've grown used to the current look we really don't need any more modifications. Pants just aren't Wonder Woman to me.
    That’s why it’s “controversial opinions”

Personally I want the panties look to be retconned out of existence going forward with the character. Agree to disagree haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Circe View Post
    That’s why it’s “controversial opinions”

Personally I want the panties look to be retconned out of existence going forward with the character. Agree to disagree haha.
    Speaking of which... Circe added a little bit to the look when she used it.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/File:Circe_004.jpg
    I really like that look to be honest...

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Pants or no pants? Many have tried to overall cover Diana most add pants. We also have Earth one. What do you guys think?
    Pants in Diana Prince mode, battle skirt in Wonder Woman mode.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Nubia a character is who should be a main universe character or stay as a mutilverse one?
    We need an Earth Prime version to be developed and stand alongside Diana, but also the version that showed up in Multiversity too. The more Nu’Bias and Nubias the better!

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    That's a good point.

Why should Diana just be limited to one costume/look? Why not have her rotate through different costumes and armors?

Harley Quinn went from wearing a costume to just wearing a theme, and no one seems to have a problem recognizing her in different clothes. I can't imagine that anyone is going to struggle with recognizing Diana because she's got pants in one adventure and shorts in another. And this way, everyone's preference gets some attention. Hell, Diana already has a few sets of armor she wears for special occasions/big fights, why not take it a step further?
    This. I’d love to see superheroes and supervillains sport different looks.

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    Unpopular opinion.

I actually enjoy the Diana Prince stories when she had relinquished her powers to stay on Earth. Might be because those were the first WW solo stories I’d read, starting 2 issues prior to the Catwoman guest appearances. Other than that, I’d only seen ‘powered’ WW in reprint stories.

I liked the powerless but skilled Diana Prince stories a lot.
    I know this isn’t what you’re talking about because it’s not the same, but I’ve toyed with creating a non-powered Diana Prince pastiche for the mythos. Someone Diana could befriend and could be part of whatever super-spy organizations arise after Event Leviathan.

In my idea for a WW universe, Nubia is Philippus' daughter and a childhood friend of Diana's. When Themyscira is invaded by a demon army from another realm, Nubia fights against them along her fellow Amazons but is captured (presumed dead by the Amazons). In reality, Nubia is brainwashed a servant of the demons and it is not until years later that she is freed by Diana, Donna and Artemis.

The rest of Nubia's story is about her PTSD and trying to adjust to how much Themyscira has changed in her absence.

Reading earlier posts in thread:
    I feel like Diana doesnt need a male sidekick or counterpart. But she could could be a mentor to a young male upcoming hero.
    First thought was an older not!dead Robert Long. But it'd take too long for him to get to sidekick age (no more speedaging!) and he's got a mom to teach him. Would new protege have same powers - they usually do have same powers as main hero.

It won't matter how old she is if she's never left the island before. Wisdom doesn't just come from age, it comes from experience as well.
    I also quite agree that making Diana centuries old doesn't grant wisdom. Of course, plenty of people have age and experience and still never have wisdom. But Diana's too smart for that. I don't want the degree of naiveté of the movie - I don't want her sheltered from the ills of the world and fed stories. But neither should she have all the answers. What wisdom she has is somewhat from philosophy and from her own intelligence and a good insight and it grows over time as she experiences new things. I did like how in the movie it took her a little time (less than a minute and a half, even with slow-mo, I think) to jump into the fight v. the experienced Amazons who never paused, even when weapons they'd never seen killed their members. Hearing about battle is different that experiencing it, and the first was an adjustment. But after that, she did well throughout the movie, IIRC. So it's finding the right balance - intelligence and ignorance, skill and lack of first-hand experience, etc. that's the key in early days. I think actually fighting should be a very fast adjustment, whereas learning the nuances and mores of the outside world (which vary place to place) would take a little longer. Not a fan of the "hot headed and eager for battle, so doesn't user her brain" version. And, of course, she grows along the way. But her making her hundreds of years old isn't likely to make her wiser, IMO. Though it may make her more highly educated/skilled, as she's had time to learn more. Still, I start Clark and Superman out in their early-mid 20s, I do like them being peers. I don't especially want her to have hundreds of years of experience on them.

Another issue I wonder about is her sexual experiences on the island. As the only child, it's a little weird if she's sleeping with women who babysat her when she was 4. So I do think it works better for her to have a relatively small circle she spend extended time with in her pre-puberty days (maybe 2 dozen) and to regard those as aunts. Those she got to know later, when she was older, could be potential lovers. I'd probably use 13-15 as their "adult" age for Diana where she socialized more widely, since it did tend to be younger (than our 18) for women in the relevant cultures. Though I have seen others go the route where she wanted lovers, but they regarded her as a child, and she didn't get any action until she left the island. I think the longer she's on the island/the older she is, the less that she used to be a child to them matters, because memories of her as a child are overwritten/overpowered by those of her as grown woman.

It really wouldn't make a matter in the long-run of the character, for me at least, since her most important and famous relationship will always be with Steve Trevor. If they mention she was bi, it'd be whatever. Everyone knows she loves Steve.
    I kinda feel the same way - which kind of issue with retconning sexual orientation. I already ship the character with an opposite sex person and have for decades, so have no interest in the new same-sex pairing. But a few people do not like Steve at all or think he should be useless and never fight or contribute anything or be anything except a sex toy. And I get him not mattering in that context to many, since he wasn't a love interest in the post-COIE years. One thing for me (in a headcanon rebooty sense) to deal with is their relationship. If she's already sleeping with women, then her hooking up with Steve immediately make it looks like a lack of heterosexual option that rather than actual sexual interest in women and that will alienate some readers. Though, of course, there are a number of people who are "any port in a storm" in a single-sex environment, but don't prefer same-sex partners and would not choose if they had other options, that's not motif you want to go with in this circumstance, because it may be perceived as sending a message same-sex relationships are inferior, and that's a bad message. With a slower build on a romantic relationship with Steve, she could have other lovers (male and female), before him. That also helps in that they aren't involved when she's new to the world and maybe more dependent on him to guide her in it (at least in movie or Rebirth sense, where he knows her identity or she doesn't have a secret identity or whatnot). Do want to build up that bond, though, whether it's something forged quickly or slowly.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 07-14-2019 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Speaking of which... Circe added a little bit to the look when she used it.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/File:Circe_004.jpg
    I really like that look to be honest...
    Circe sure knows a thing or two about style. Diana (at the time) needed the pointers!

Circe sure knows a thing or two about style. Diana (at the time) needed the pointers!
    Indeed she does. I wish she had stayed "Wonder Woman" for a bit longer a la Doc Ock as Superior Spider-Man alas it was not to be.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Indeed she does. I wish she had stayed "Wonder Woman" for a bit longer a la Doc Ock as Superior Spider-Man alas it was not to be.
    It’s definitely an interesting concept - and outfit - to revisit (especially with her actions as WW compared to Diana’s). That story was great regardless of its length, I wish Heinberg would come back for a WW run.

It’s definitely an interesting concept - and outfit - to revisit (especially with her actions as WW compared to Diana’s). That story was great regardless of its length, I wish Heinberg would come back for a WW run.
    Agreed, well, we can dream.

Still, I wish we had seen a few issues of Circe's harsher Wonder Woman in action righting the perceived wrongs of Man's World before things reset. It was a wasted opportunity, IMO.
    Last edited by Celgress; 07-14-2019 at 01:31 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Fantastic Member

Anybody prefer having the white stars on Wonder Woman's outfit or keep them off? Change the stars from white to gold?

Or give Wonder Woman Earth One style stars?

Earth One stars are cool.

I'm curious how much should the Amazons choices should be only of the Gods. I really like at times when the Amazons don't back down when they see from the Gods. This is why I like the idea that some of the reasons they isolated themselves from the Island isn't because of the Gods. Rather to protect what they saw on the Island on their own choice. They know some of the Gods can never be trusted.

I don't know but what do you guys think about this idea. Due to the modern world the Gods should changed their tricks. For example, Hera is a Wedding Planner or Fertility person. Aphrodite love and sex therapist