Page 240 of 440 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240241242243244250290340 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 6586
    Fantastic Member

Wonder Woman should have a spear instead of a sword as her weapon. A gift from Athena.

A shield isn't needed because she has magic gauntlets and super speed/agility/reflexes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahina View Post
    Wonder Woman should have a spear instead of a sword as her weapon. A gift from Athena.

A shield isn't needed because she has magic gauntlets and super speed/agility/reflexes.
    A spear is slightly better than a sword, but it still goes against her whole fighting mindset as far as I'm concerned, and I see no reason why she would need a piercing weapon when she is crazy strong.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    A spear is slightly better than a sword, but it still goes against her whole fighting mindset as far as I'm concerned, and I see no reason why she would need a piercing weapon when she is crazy strong.
    Why does she need a sword if she is crazy strong? My guess is because she isn't crazy strong anymore, based on most of her current feats.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I'm totally fine with the sword, it's a fun visual when not over used. I think the Amazons growing up and training every day with swords is totally fine and would partially impact how Diana fights. I enjoyed her fight with Deathstroke in the DCU promo video, nice mixture.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Why does she need a sword if she is crazy strong? My guess is because she isn't crazy strong anymore, based on most of her current feats.
    Well... I can’t cut a piece of cake with my fist!

That said, as long as she has a technique to her fights and isn’t just Supermanning her way through I could live with the weaponry. They just need to make more use of Diana’s classic Tiana, bracelets, and lasso.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I think giving her old archaic weapons is playing up what makes her different from other flying brick types.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I'm totally fine with the sword, it's a fun visual when not over used. I think the Amazons growing up and training every day with swords is totally fine and would partially impact how Diana fights. I enjoyed her fight with Deathstroke in the DCU promo video, nice mixture.
    WW yet again fighting street level deathstroke. And not even noticing when he took the lasso. Sigh. DC's obsession to making WW job to him is big.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    I think giving her old archaic weapons is playing up what makes her different from other flying brick types.
    Tiara, lasso and bracelets already made her different from other flying bricks and are far more unique. Current WW with sword and shield is differenbt from other flying bricks because she is not that much of a flying brick anymore. She is pretty weak these days.

See, to me, this fight with Deathstroke is a perfect illustration of how emphasizing Diana as a "sword & shield" fighter results in nerfing her powers. Because, with how strong and fast Diana is supposed to be--her reflexes in particular--there is no reason that fight should last more than two seconds, and there's no way in hell Slade should've gotten her Lasso off her (granted Deathstroke is basically the Bat-god of villains, but that's another subject).
    The only opponents who should warrant Diana using a sword or any weapon are ones who are as strong/fast as her.

But I think this is an issue with DC as a whole. For some reason, characters can only be flying bricks with little-to-no actual fighting skills (Superman is often hit with this), OR they can be expert fighters with mid-level at best strength--one or the other.
    This leaves Diana in this weird limbo where she can only demonstrate her skills by forgetting she's super strong and fast, or leaving her as a flying brick.

A solution would be to build up her rogues who can match her in strength and would have fighting skills to go along with it. Gundra springs to my mind among others, but that kind of effort makes blood squirt out of DC's nose, and most writers would sooner perform seppukku on themselves than portray Diana's power/skill set properly.

As for the shield, the thing that grinds my gears about that is simply the question of why she needs one. Aside from the fact Diana can tank a lot of damage on her own, more importantly, her bracelets ARE her shield. More than that, they're BETTER than any shield she could carry.

It's like Wolverine going into battle with a pocket knife. Dude, you have BETTER knives IN YOUR FISTS. They're you thing. Your gimmick.

To me, the shield is another example of the automatic-pilot writing Diana suffers. Stick a shield on her arm. Why? She's a "warrior" and "warriors" use shields, don't they? Bracelets? What bracelets? You can't expect me to actually know anything about Wonder Woman.

Deathstroke isn't Batman, the guy has the ability to foresee the future and has enhanced strength which makes him dangerous. Even in the trailer/gif, WW still would've beat him and is only taken down by Circe and it isnt even an instance of WW yet again having to fight beneath her, the dude has fought Superman as well.

From what I recall in that cinematic (jesus, that thing's 10 years old) is I got the assumption from the destruction and the wear-and-tear all the heroes had that the fight had been going on for a while and Deathstroke only entered the fight rather recently. Plus Circe is the one who gets the jump on her.

But yeah, it's pretty much because Deathstroke is the Bat-God of the DC villain roster. This isn't too far after that time in Identity Crisis where he took on several League members way outside his weight-class with zero effort.
    Last edited by Gaius; 05-05-2021 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    See, to me, this fight with Deathstroke is a perfect illustration of how emphasizing Diana as a "sword & shield" fighter results in nerfing her powers. Because, with how strong and fast Diana is supposed to be--her reflexes in particular--there is no reason that fight should last more than two seconds, and there's no way in hell Slade should've gotten her Lasso off her (granted Deathstroke is basically the Bat-god of villains, but that's another subject).
    The only opponents who should warrant Diana using a sword or any weapon are ones who are as strong/fast as her.

But I think this is an issue with DC as a whole. For some reason, characters can only be flying bricks with little-to-no actual fighting skills (Superman is often hit with this), OR they can be expert fighters with mid-level at best strength--one or the other.
    This leaves Diana in this weird limbo where she can only demonstrate her skills by forgetting she's super strong and fast, or leaving her as a flying brick.

A solution would be to build up her rogues who can match her in strength and would have fighting skills to go along with it. Gundra springs to my mind among others, but that kind of effort makes blood squirt out of DC's nose, and most writers would sooner perform seppukku on themselves than portray Diana's power/skill set properly.

As for the shield, the thing that grinds my gears about that is simply the question of why she needs one. Aside from the fact Diana can tank a lot of damage on her own, more importantly, her bracelets ARE her shield. More than that, they're BETTER than any shield she could carry.

It's like Wolverine going into battle with a pocket knife. Dude, you have BETTER knives IN YOUR FISTS. They're you thing. Your gimmick.

To me, the shield is another example of the automatic-pilot writing Diana suffers. Stick a shield on her arm. Why? She's a "warrior" and "warriors" use shields, don't they? Bracelets? What bracelets? You can't expect me to actually know anything about Wonder Woman.
    I'm so sick of her stupid shield...seriously. Her bracelets are literally crafted from the magic shield of a SKY GOD, ..the magnetic field of which might be comparable to a star's! Every time I see it, it looks like she's walking around, with a stupid board game on her arm.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 05-05-2021 at 08:40 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Deathstroke isn't Batman, the guy has the ability to foresee the future and has enhanced strength which makes him dangerous. Even in the trailer/gif, WW still would've beat him and is only taken down by Circe and it isnt even an instance of WW yet again having to fight beneath her, the dude has fought Superman as well.
    enchanted strengthy is enough to make WW and her god like strength and speed struggle? Now we know how little her so called godly powers matter.

enchanted strengthy is enough to make WW and her god like strength and speed struggle? Now we know how little her so called godly powers matter.
    How did she struggle? And they've had him fight Superman numerous times so its not like Diana is being singled out as some sort of weakling.

Majority of Dianas villains shouldnt be a threat to her with how much some want her to go up against other godly creatures. Dr. Psycho, Dr. Poison, Blue Snowman, Nazis, OG Cheetah, should be beaten within seconds. She should only go up against Gods, Kryptonians. At the end of the day, some of it is just pure fun and as long she comes out the victor, I am ok with it. If she is beaten then it needs to be a good reason. Her fight with Deathstroke was fun to me so I dont got a problem with it.

Mighty Member

WW yet again fighting street level deathstroke. And not even noticing when he took the lasso. Sigh. DC's obsession to making WW job to him is big.
    ...but he never touched her though. How is that jobbing? Is it due to SURVIVING long enough for CIRCE to strike? Slade is a distraction, obviously it worked as she is unnoticed.
    Last edited by Mistah K88; 05-05-2021 at 09:49 PM.