Page 14 of 440 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    And she should absolutely ditch the shield and go back to the bracelets
    I don't see that happening sadly. We get more and more super human red sonja and less and less Wonder Woman. Blocking with the bracelets requires far more skill and speed than using the shield. But apparently WW is better by being a generic warrior woman. Instead of the unique amazon powerhouse with powers big enough to allow her to face Gods and powerful creatures.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    No one has ever argued for Wonder Woman to be the strongest. You're confusing us with Superman fans.
    I've seen otherwise. But I reiterate:

Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SteveGus View Post
    Bring back the one that was enough for fifty years: being chained by a man. Or snared in her own lasso.

Yes, it lends to kinky stuff. That sort of material belongs in WW comics. So does good girl art.
    I like the being snared with her own lasso thing. Kinda makes sense. As for the other one...very problematic in this day and age.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member

And being Bullet proof and flying is just making her more generic
    I agree with this entirely.

And yet she can survive nukes and bombs, Why not have it many things can hurt her but not kill her. If she is shot in the head or anywhere else her healing powers will just self heal itself. She doesn't have to worry. At points yes it will take a long time depending on what it is. So she still should protected herself but bullets won't kill her. I don't mind her not flying for a bit during her first year in the outside world. I rather it be a power due to her amazonian training. That she is able to unlock something

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    And yet she can survive nukes and bombs, Why not have it many things can hurt her but not kill her. If she is shot in the head or anywhere else her healing powers will just self heal itself. She doesn't have to worry. At points yes it will take a long time depending on what it is. So she still should protected herself but bullets won't kill her. I don't mind her not flying for a bit during her first year in the outside world. I rather it be a power due to her amazonian training. That she is able to unlock something
    I don't think being Bullet proof or being able to fly improves her stories. It seems like a concern for Vs. Debaters more than anything else

I don't think being Bullet proof or being able to fly improves her stories. It seems like a concern for Vs. Debaters more than anything else
    If she can take a punch from Doomsday but she can't take a bullet from a normal handgun, that inconsistency throws the reader off entirely.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    If she can take a punch from Doomsday but she can't take a bullet from a normal handgun, that inconsistency throws the reader off entirely.
    Which is why in my take, Diana's durability is magical in nature, and bullets are explicitly not protected against

So bullets she be harmed by but being stabbed, taken bombs and nukes she okay? Doesn’t that seem inconsistent? Even if it’s magically in nature there is also a rules of how it works. Why does bullets work but not swords or bombs? What are your rules

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    So bullets she be harmed by but being stabbed, taken bombs and nukes she okay? Doesn’t that seem inconsistent? Even if it’s magically in nature there is also a rules of how it works. Why does bullets work but not swords or bombs? What are your rules
    It doesn't matter that much, since most weaknesses infiction are silly.

But i will say it again. She can fly and be bulletproof, and still have great stories. Also classic Wonder Woman could improve her powers with mental training. So right there you have amazing potential for stories. As she can be seen growing in power and gaining abilities(like flght, bulletproof, etc) via training. And you also have a great self made message there.

Quote Originally Posted by starlight25 View Post
    It doesn't matter that much, since most weaknesses infiction are silly.

But i will say it again. She can fly and be bulletproof, and still have great stories. Also classic Wonder Woman could improve her powers with mental training. So right there you have amazing potential for stories. As she can be seen growing in power and gaining abilities(like flght, bulletproof, etc) via training. And you also have a great self made message there.
    Except as I've pointed out before, they have been doing away with a lot of the 'silly' weaknesses. Currently, Green Lantern doesn't have any (no battery, no yellow), Aquaman doesn't fall over after being out of water for an hour, Superman became more magic resistant, etc.

And on top of that, heroes that didn't used to be bulletproof suddenly are, so why is it Aquaman can lose his weakness, go up in weight class and suddenly become bulletproof, or Batman's armor can take automatic weapons fire, but a woman who is supposed to be an alpha level hero is still susceptible to the most common weapon in the country.

Unfortunately, comic book heroes scale up over time, they always have. The guys get bigger, badder, stronger, tougher, and smarter. They get new powers added, new skills that crop up out of nowhere and generally get jacked up over time.

Diana was a scientist to start with, then later an ambassador and an author and now she's....nothing? Have we seen any skills outside of combat?

I just find it frustrating watching other heroes evolve as time goes by, but Diana seems to be going in the opposite direction.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Except as I've pointed out before, they have been doing away with a lot of the 'silly' weaknesses. Currently, Green Lantern doesn't have any (no battery, no yellow), Aquaman doesn't fall over after being out of water for an hour, Superman became more magic resistant, etc.

And on top of that, heroes that didn't used to be bulletproof suddenly are, so why is it Aquaman can lose his weakness, go up in weight class and suddenly become bulletproof, or Batman's armor can take automatic weapons fire, but a woman who is supposed to be an alpha level hero is still susceptible to the most common weapon in the country.

Unfortunately, comic book heroes scale up over time, they always have. The guys get bigger, badder, stronger, tougher, and smarter. They get new powers added, new skills that crop up out of nowhere and generally get jacked up over time.

Diana was a scientist to start with, then later an ambassador and an author and now she's....nothing? Have we seen any skills outside of combat?

I just find it frustrating watching other heroes evolve as time goes by, but Diana seems to be going in the opposite direction.
    That is because DC doesn't care and it shows. Her current run is the latest example. We get more details about the plight of refugees and american foreign policy than Wonder Woman herself. She is no longer a scientist, she is no longer a diplomat, she is no longer a powerhouse. She is just another generic warrior woman now. There is no longer anything special about her.
    Last edited by starlight25; 02-14-2019 at 06:00 PM.

What if fact Ares cursed them. Many Amazons there were brought to life were killer due to pierced objects. So no matter how strong their are due they will still be harmed with pierced items.

Magic indestructible arrows. Veronica Cale gets her hands on some and starts selling bullets out of the same material. That's all you need.

I don't mind her bulletproof. I will say this if DC continues to writes her weak then it doesn't matter if she is or isn't bulletproof
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 02-14-2019 at 07:35 PM.