Page 282 of 438 FirstFirst ... 182232272278279280281282283284285286292332382 ... LastLast
Results 4,216 to 4,230 of 6568
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Good stuff, like I said sometimes it's a matter of perspective.
    WW being weak now is not a matter of perspective. It is a fact proven by feats. WW being fodder to SM is not a matter of perspective. It is a fact proven by their recent battles. Cheetah being treated as a jobber and a weaklink in 99% of her appearances is not a matter of perspective. It is a fact based on countless comics and movie appearances including WW84. WW being weaker than aquaman in DCEU and on land in the justice society movie is not a matter of perspective. It is a fact proven by the showings. Jl cartoon WW being a pushover is not a matter of perspective. Her showings prove that to be true. WW being poorly treated is a fact. There is plenty of evidence to prove it. But sure, everything looks so good the future is bright. Yeah right. I have heard that countless times before. I will never believe it again until i actually see it. CM is the new face for the proper female powerhouse in comics. We love real female powerhouses that don't need swords and shield to get the job done. WW take note from characters that actually have real power. Fodder woman is not the tea. And i'm glad that she is slowly losing her place as a female girl power icon. A pathetic weaklink does not deserve to be considered a symbol of girl power.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    And i'm glad that she is slowly losing her place as a female girl power icon. A pathetic weaklink does not deserve to be considered a symbol of girl power.
    Wtf man. I know you get pent up and start using hyperbole...but wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Wtf man. I know you get pent up and start using hyperbole...but wtf
    Gotta second that WTF and echo Alpha because 8^o

I wish WW died and a male took off the mantle. I'm sure sexism would allow a male version to be more powerful. Since WW has been mostly a weaklink for 10 years now. Poor girl, don't take tha sword and shield away. The independent and powerful amazon would get trash the minute you take those away. Such a great feminist icon proving to girls they can be all they want. As long as their goal is to be cannon fodder. You go girl. Marston would be proud of seeing how far you have gone. Sigh
    CM is the new face for the proper female powerhouse in comics. We love real female powerhouses that don't need swords and shield to get the job done. WW take note from characters that actually have real power. Fodder woman is not the tea. And i'm glad that she is slowly losing her place as a female girl power icon. A pathetic weaklink does not deserve to be considered a symbol of girl power.

Perfect use of that meme.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    It's come to the point where I feel this is appropriate for this thread:

Wonder Woman is a great superhero and while she could be respected more by DC, I've been around through so, so much worse.

The main reason I don't post on this board (which I do lurk on a lot) is primarily because it gets so exhausting talking about power levels it drains all enthusiasm.

Yes. I'm a Superman fan. I've never engaged in a conversation on "remember when he benched the moon" unless it's part of a joke because while cool, that's all spectacle and there's nothing much else to say.

But over here, every thread is about who she slapped around recently and why that's the most important discussion point for a woman who wants us all to be better people and accept one another. Yes. These are superhero books, but being so singularly focused on conflict and demanding a woman lose her role so a man can have it under any circumstances has gone so far astray from anything she represents that the entire conversation has grown toxic.

If the most interesting thing about heroes is their feats, you don't care about the character, you care about backing the strongest horse. There's my controversial take.

Yes. I want a strong Diana. Any time I've bothered to do anything with the character, even for fun, I envision her as on the top weight class of DC, but as with Clark I don't need them benching a planet or mountain all the time to prove it.

**** like getting one-shot in Injustice was decried on every facet of this board and fandom across multiple sites I go to except by people being misogynist themselves. Nobody likes that ****. Superman fans don't, most of us like Diana a lot too and know how much we hate seeing characters job to prop up another.

I'm also reminded of her book being the assigned book ghetto a decade ago and taken from Rucka without him knowing, given to someone who never wrote comics not long after and then to Simone who kept having to deal with bullshit and finally to JMS who basically admitted she was just girl Superman to him and rewrote **** rather than learn.

This was just a little over a decade ago, and just in her own book. It was worse in other books and media.

This is decidedly a better time.
    I want to just show some solidarity with some of the sentiments of this post, and thank Robanker for posting it.

As a long time fan I often come to these boards hoping to engage with other fans about a variety of aspects of Diana's mythos, and often leave without contributing - overwhelmed by the sheer number of posts across multiple threads covering almost the exact same theme.

It feels really clear that there are different interpretations and understandings about what makes Diana a "strong" character and how that can be represented. And there are different interpretations of whether or not the treatment of her character and mythos across mediums by DC constitute "respect" for the character. Surely these are always going to be opinions (however controversial) formed by each of our different experiences of the character across the mediums and years - that's just a given. Its been nearly 80 years - that's a big well to draw from to colour how we each feel about her and what we've been through with her in that time - whether we've been following her for most of that time or comparatively little of it. I can remember moments where her mythos felt disrespected in ways that, to me, felt worse than what we have now. Moments where I had to walk away from the title, and moments where I was excited to return. But they're my moments, not objective facts.

What feels wild is how much derailing and discrediting of multiple threads is happening that completely dismiss or shut down any other ways of viewing or seeing Diana's strength and status. There has to be a more generative way to differ when it comes to Diana, surely?

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLyo View Post
    I want to just show some solidarity with some of the sentiments of this post, and thank Robanker for posting it.

As a long time fan I often come to these boards hoping to engage with other fans about a variety of aspects of Diana's mythos, and often leave without contributing - overwhelmed by the sheer number of posts across multiple threads covering almost the exact same theme.

It feels really clear that there are different interpretations and understandings about what makes Diana a "strong" character and how that can be represented. And there are different interpretations of whether or not the treatment of her character and mythos across mediums by DC constitute "respect" for the character. Surely these are always going to be opinions (however controversial) formed by each of our different experiences of the character across the mediums and years - that's just a given. Its been nearly 80 years - that's a big well to draw from to colour how we each feel about her and what we've been through with her in that time - whether we've been following her for most of that time or comparatively little of it. I can remember moments where her mythos felt disrespected in ways that, to me, felt worse than what we have now. Moments where I had to walk away from the title, and moments where I was excited to return. But they're my moments, not objective facts.

What feels wild is how much derailing and discrediting of multiple threads is happening that completely dismiss or shut down any other ways of viewing or seeing Diana's strength and status. There has to be a more generative way to differ when it comes to Diana, surely?
    Yeah, it feels like every other month there is a wave of Wonder Woman hate about the same topic over and over and over.

I seriously can't tell for some posters if it is their honest opinion or if they just want to get into an internet squabble. Regardless, I know the best thing to do is to just not reply, but I falter too often.

But AlexLyo, if there is any topic you wish to discuss, you should start a thread! I'm sure many would like to make a positive contribution to your topics.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Incredible Member

I have to agree with Robanker and AlexLyo on the negativity on this forum, particularly related to power level complaints. It's quite exhausting and spills into threads that shouldn't have anything to do with that.

I've been a lurker here for yeaaaaaars, and only recently started posting more regularly. I think the Cloonrad run got me a little hyped and I wanted to share in my interest in the new run and overall love for Diana and her world with the rest of the CBR Wonderfam. And most of the time it's been great, but that's cuz I avoid the more negative threads...

I guess my controversial opinion is that even if Wonder Woman doesn't accomplish planetary feats, she's still the best superhero (not superheroine, superhero!) for a deluge of reasons.

Controversial opinion: Diana with straight hair is boring and for deadlines

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    I have to agree with Robanker and AlexLyo on the negativity on this forum, particularly related to power level complaints. It's quite exhausting and spills into threads that shouldn't have anything to do with that.

I've been a lurker here for yeaaaaaars, and only recently started posting more regularly. I think the Cloonrad run got me a little hyped and I wanted to share in my interest in the new run and overall love for Diana and her world with the rest of the CBR Wonderfam. And most of the time it's been great, but that's cuz I avoid the more negative threads...

I guess my controversial opinion is that even if Wonder Woman doesn't accomplish planetary feats, she's still the best superhero (not superheroine, superhero!) for a deluge of reasons.

This is a Perez approved fact.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

I am not sure what that is even more in terms of feats. She can move a planet, shatter a moon with a punch? I definitely don't want that for her or for any other superhero as it is just a little ridiculous.

I just want her to have feats consistent with her being equals among her peers, which would include the Superman family, the Marvel family, etc....

If we can substitute Spiderman for the feats that she does do in her movies as well as the comic books, then I seriously think there is something wrong with the writers or that an edict was brought down to lower her power tier status. Saving a multi-verse (haven't read that one yet) means nothing if Batman is still giving her problems in a fight!

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    And i think what agitated mystical41 so much now, was this extremely stupid CBR list:

https://www.cbr.com/dc-characters-wo...an-never-beat/

Full of odd choices with even more odd explanations, factually wrong claims, and of course Superman if not even all Kryptonians somehow is just too overwhelmingly powerful and would destroy the outclassed Wonder Woman. Although that is just a guess based on the timing, tell me if i am wrong mystical41?
    I mean, I love CBR 'n all but some of their lists are absolutely best ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLyo View Post

I hope you and other lurkers realize it's a very vocal minority. But it is definitely possible that the moderators just have to crack down on thread derailing to avoid these issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I mean, I love CBR 'n all but some of their lists are absolutely best ignored.

I hope you and other lurkers realize it's a very vocal minority. But it is definitely possible that the moderators just have to crack down on thread derailing to avoid these issues.
    There is no deraling. This is a thread to talk about all kinds of topics. And viewing WW as pathetically weak nowadays perfectly fits the thread. Also the fact that she woud be treated better at curent Marvel.

It is intersting how some people here seem to want to silence certain voices because they don't agree with their vision that current WW is powerful and well respected.
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 07-30-2021 at 12:57 PM.

Sadly current WW can not even accomplish city level busting feats. And i highly doubt she can be the best hero when she is not the best at anything anymore. She is not the best in power. Not the best in skills. Not the best in intellect. Not the best in diplomacy. She is just a middle of the road mess nowadays. But if she is still great in your eyes. That is good. It is good that some people can still enjoy her character. I no longer enjoy WW. To me she sucks nowadays. And it hurts because she was my fav character of all time.

Another controversial opinion. DC doesn't feel proud of WW and her radical themes. The way she was created to shake old and dated standards in society. That is why they don't let her shine.