Page 283 of 440 FirstFirst ... 183233273279280281282283284285286287293333383 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,245 of 6586
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Wtf man. I know you get pent up and start using hyperbole...but wtf
    Only the truth. I'm glad that more and more people question current WW's position as a feminist and girl power symbol. Since now we have better examples of powerful and independent women in comics than current WW.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    I am not sure what that is even more in terms of feats. She can move a planet, shatter a moon with a punch? I definitely don't want that for her or for any other superhero as it is just a little ridiculous.

I just want her to have feats consistent with her being equals among her peers, which would include the Superman family, the Marvel family, etc....

If we can substitute Spiderman for the feats that she does do in her movies as well as the comic books, then I seriously think there is something wrong with the writers or that an edict was brought down to lower her power tier status. Saving a multi-verse (haven't read that one yet) means nothing if Batman is still giving her problems in a fight!
    Real top tiers are still seen performing feats like that. It's just that WW is no longer a real high tier. And hasn't been one for over a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post

It is intersting how some people here want to silence certain voices because they don't agree with their vision that current WW is powerful and well respected.
    Since when have any of us tried to silence you? You've shared your same opinion dozens of times. If anything, you have been getting all the attention you clearly want. 1/3 of the time we are discussing a topic and then you start talking smack about Wonder Woman, and the topic we were discussing ends up being eclipsed by all the back and fort victimization of Diana. Nobody here has asked you to stop commenting on the forum, or to start agreeing with us. I just want you to come up with something different to say, regardless of how controversial it is. But again, even this is just advice / a request. I have no desire to block you.

Only the truth. I'm glad that more and more people question current WW's position as a feminist and girl power symbol. Since now we have better examples of powerful and independent women in comics than current WW.
    Since when has Wonder Woman promoted the idea that to be inspiring you need to juggle planets?

Since when has Wonder Woman promoted the idea that to be inspiring you need to juggle planets?
    Planets? Current WW can't even move an island. Can't even perfom a town level feat. Let alone city level. And you want to discuss planetary feats?

Classic WW was a great character who gained her powers via training. She was super powewrful because she worked hard for her powers. She could do the impossible like moving a planet because she had the will power and the mind to push herself and grow stronger. And any girl had the potential to trtain themselves and becomne an amazon just as strong. As long as they put their minds to it. Right there you have a great message of self made, self empowerment for women. Current WW is a weaklink that can't do **** without gear. Poor girl her daddy zeus did not give her much after all. She is weak as hell. While the real WW was able to perform amazing feats of power and intellect because she trained herself to be that good. Without the need of having a pro raping male God as her father, and still coming out short anyway in terms of brain, skills and power.

Since when have any of us tried to silence you? You've shared your same opinion dozens of times. If anything, you have been getting all the attention you clearly want. 1/3 of the time we are discussing a topic and then you start talking smack about Wonder Woman, and the topic we were discussing ends up being eclipsed by all the back and fort victimization of Diana. Nobody here has asked you to stop commenting on the forum, or to start agreeing with us. I just want you to come up with something different to say, regardless of how controversial it is. But again, even this is just advice / a request. I have no desire to block you.
    There is no need to victimize her. DC and WB do a great job at portrayeing her as a weaklink and fodder to any character with decent super human stats. She is totally out of her league fighting anybody above tank lifting level. Only PIS can save her with the poor trackrecord she currently has. Otherwise it is impossible to believe that her current version could ever dream of holding her own against aquaman, supergirl etc. They perform far better on their own feats than current WW. She saves some face against them nowadays based on name alone. But she can not match them. She is just weak. Pathetically weak. A total pushover. An embarrasment of massive proportions. And it sounds like certain people want to silence those of us that see things for what they are. A WW that is a shadow of her former self.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

There is no deraling. This is a thread to talk about all kinds of topics. And viewing WW as pathetically weak nowadays perfectly fits the thread. Also the fact that she woud be treated better at curent Marvel.

It is intersting how some people here seem to want to silence certain voices because they don't agree with their vision that current WW is powerful and well respected.
    It's not just this thread that gets derailed.

Nyssane is also a mod FYI. They have a good idea of what constitutes derailing.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It's not just this thread that gets derailed.

Nyssane is also a mod FYI. They have a good idea of what constitutes derailing.
    Don't mansplain mansplaining, man. You're going to have a bad time.

Magna mahna

Controversial Wonder Woman take: everyone thinks she misses home so much (she does, sure) that when they go out for food, they suggest Mediterranean to give her a small taste of home and she has to politely find ways to decline without saying that after thousands of years eating the same stuff, she absolutely does not want to see that cuisine on her plate for a long time.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post

Magna mahna

Controversial Wonder Woman take: everyone thinks she misses home so much (she does, sure) that when they go out for food, they suggest Mediterranean to give her a small taste of home and she has to politely find ways to decline without saying that after thousands of years eating the same stuff, she absolutely does not want to see that cuisine on her plate for a long time.
    That would be a really fun scene to play out with Zatanna and Chimp.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post

Magna mahna

lol, head canon accepted. I'll take it Bruce and Clark always order for her when they meetup but she's too polite to correct them.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

The worst part of people agreeing with you is immortalizing your phone's autocorrected "mahna mahna." Lol

Glad to see I'm not crazy for thinking it weird that she'd be far more interested in seeing what's different instead of playing the same old hits she's enjoyed for 5,000 years.

I mean, I don't think it's possible someone could tire of loukoumades, but if anyone did, it would be Diana.
    Last edited by Robanker; 07-30-2021 at 04:08 PM.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I mean, I love CBR 'n all but some of their lists are absolutely best ignored.

I hope you and other lurkers realize it's a very vocal minority. But it is definitely possible that the moderators just have to crack down on thread derailing to avoid these issues.
    You run into open doors, this was my answer to the first comment about that list in this thread:

I think it is luckily common knowledge that CBR lists are at least 9 out of 10 times bad researched trash, or i have at least never talked to anyone who takes them just 1 bit seriously, and this list just shows why and smells like Kryptonian fanboyism.
    I just thought that might be why mystical41 seems so angry, but i was seemingly wrong.

And my controversial opinion to the topic is, that even though mystical41 is melodramatic and exaggerates the sexism angle, Wonder Woman was portrayed as extraordinary weak for notable parts of the last decade, especially in many of the comparisons with Superman, but there was also Jason as example:

the relative many half-assed tries to push Aquaman at the expense of Diana, pushing Aquaman is great, but if i see scenes like this:

i don't think oh WOW Aquaman is powerful he matches Wonder Woman, i think especially with their portrayyal at that time what are these 2 morons doing and what has happened to their telephatic resistances?

and then is there that Wonder Woman barely did anything truly powerful, especially in comparison to the many weak portrayals in the DCEU, Injustice, elseworlds and other media, Flashpoint and other canon comics:

and that they have not kept Christopher Priest:

I couldn't relate to white women in tiaras talking Big Talk and having exotic conflicts over exotic dangers. The last time I remember enjoying the book was when Denny O'Neil, Mike Sekowsky and Larry Hama (editor) took her powers away, killed Steve Trevor, and dressed her in miniskirts and go-go boots. Denny is just a genius. And he wasn't particularly fond of the I-Ching era. But it was daring. It had an idea, a way to make all of this dusty Greek mythology relevant to Joe Lunchbox.
    away from Wonder Woman, is even after his tries to explain this, at least very questionable.

And i don't think Wonder Woman lifting planets or moving faster than light is 1 bit more ridiculous than anything else about Wonder Woman, she is not a scientific or grounded character in an at least semi-realistic verse at all, she is a magical, or divine, or magical in all but name, or a mix of that superhero, with magical, or divine, or both equipment, who fights as main villains a divine-empowered Cheetah, the God of War itself, and a godlike Sorceress or even with classical not mythology related villains is she fighting the likes of Queen Atomia as example in a verse where an intergalactical police force that materializes their imagination with green rings or a red clothed human running through the multiverse are by far not the most ridiculous things. To say it is for Wonder Woman, or Superman, or other inherently ridiculous superheroes ridiculous to lift a planet, sounds to me even less convincing than to say it is ridiculous that Sailor Moon could destroy planets, or it is ridiculous that Goku's energy beams could destroy planets or more. The Silver Age was ridiculous, but not because of lifting planets or moving faster than light, that was like a walk in the park in that ridiculous time period.

Also it would be much easier to believe that DC respects Wonder Woman now after Dan Didio and company are gone, if we would not still get news like that Batman and Superman get a new cartoon and Wond......Injustice gets a movie, because that sounds very much like the old DC to me.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 07-31-2021 at 04:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    You run into open doors, this was my answer to the first comment about that list in this thread:

I just thought that might be why mystical41 seems so angry, but i was seemingly wrong.

And my controversial opinion to the topic is, that even though mystical41 is melodramatic and exaggerates the sexism angle, Wonder Woman was portrayed as extraordinary weak for notable parts of the last decade, especially in many of the comparisons with Superman, but there was also Jason as example:

the relative many half-assed tries to push Aquaman at the expense of Diana, pushing Aquaman is great, but if i see scenes like this:

i don't think oh WOW Aquaman is powerful he matches Wonder Woman, i think especially with their portrayyal at that time what are these 2 mrons doing and what has happened to their telephatic resistances?

and then is there that Wonder Woman barely did anything truly powerful, especially in comparison to the many weak portrayals in the DCEU, Injustice, elseworlds and other media, Flashpoint and other canon comics:

and that they have not kept Christopher Priest:

away from Wonder Woman, is even after his tries to explain this, at least very questionable.

And i don't think Wonder Woman lifting planets or moving faster than light is 1 bit more ridiculous than anything else about Wonder Woman, she is not a scientific or grounded character in an at least semi-realistic verse at all, she is a magical, or divine, or magical in all but name, or a mix of that superhero, with magical, or divine, or both equipment, who fights as main villains a divine-empowered Cheetah, the God of War itself, and a godlike Sorceress or even with classical not mythology related villains is she fighting the likes of Queen Atomia as example in a verse where an intergalactical police force that materializes their imagination with green rings or a red clothed human running through the multiverse are by far not the most ridiculous things. To say it is for Wonder Woman, or Superman, or other inherently ridiculous superheroes ridiculous to lift a planet, sounds to me even less convincing than to say it is ridiculous that Sailor Moon could destroy planets, or it is ridiculous that Goku's energy beams could destroy planets or more. The Silver Age was ridiculous, but not because of lifting planets or moving faster than light, that was like a walk in the park in that ridiculous time period.

Also it would be much easier to believe that DC respects Wonder Woman now after Dan Didio and company are gone, if we would not still get news like that Batman and Superman get a new cartoon and Wond......Injustice gets a movie, because that sounds very much like the old DC to me.
    This 100% is how I feel about it.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    This 100% is how I feel about it.
    I'll second that.

Ooff, Jason. I really hope they don't try and resurrect his character ever. If it would make a difference, I say reboot the entire universe, but then we got the mess with the new 52. That is why I champion her to go to another company like Marvel and see what they would do with her. It can't be any worse than it is now.

Incredible Member

It could definitely be worse lol.