Page 46 of 439 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Hippolyta and Diana's relationship does need conflict. However, too often, writers make her borderline abusive.
    I thought Phil's storyline for them was perfect. You could easily see both sides of the situation and neither of them was really wrong. Okay Diana was indeed jealous that Hippolyta had taken her name and enjoyed being Wonder Woman when it was supposed to be a penance but it showed Diana had normal human emotions for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahina View Post
    I prefer Gaia bringing Diana to life than Aphrodite and Athena.
    I do too, she's too close to the gods to constantly be indebted to them. I like Diana having more autonomy but making her a demigod wasn't the best way to do it.

For a "non-modern"-ish Invisible Plane/Jet, I couldn't help but think of an steampunk-esque airship. Obviously, it wouldn't have to be that big, but I think the general aesthetic would be cool.

Last edited by Charmed; 07-08-2019 at 06:10 PM.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I’m in the camp that doesn’t need Amazon children, let alone boys. Maybe in a future story, once the Amazons are not isolationists and their culture gets challenged/changes in ways from contact/trade with Patriarch’s World. I might find that storyline compelling through that lens.
    I hadn't thought of it like that, but now that the idea that the Amazons' way of life would be challenged by not being complete isolationists, I think I'm changing my mind on boys on the island. All this talk about what takes and what doesn't take away from Diana we just had, I think I agree with this now.

What about at least having Mala? I mean it's important Diana has at least one friend. I mean other than Hippoltya why wouldn't some Amazons want kids? Especially that who lost their own? One question I have those is should the Amazons not have the mission by that Gods? Rather instead of the gods telling them to guard Ares or doom gate. They do that on their own. I feel that no all the Amazons choices should not always be by the Gods. That the Amazons don't always due the will of the Gods

If do well should Empresses Hippoltya be in Wonder Woman's mythos?

Heh, I still wanna see what the Amazons would make of the "evil" Kryptonians. For example, having Mala meet Mala.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Well Donna should be a child reborn who was found by Diana. Who quickly becomes attached. I mean maybe they should be 5 years apart
    Heh, WW finds a child who "should" be dead, but isn't. Then takes Donna back to Paradise Island to figure out why she's special. Oh and when the Amazons train Donna, she starts channeling the power of Gaia, because of course she does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahina View Post
    I prefer Gaia bringing Diana to life than Aphrodite and Athena.
    If you go with the "Champion of the gods" angle that makes no sense. Which is part of what makes Donna Donna. Donna's powered by the titans, not the gods.(at least in some versions of the story)

True but why not have Diana not be the champion of the gods but the Amazons.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    For a "non-modern"-ish Invisible Plane/Jet, I couldn't help but think of an steampunk-esque airship. Obviously, it wouldn't have to be that big, but I think the general aesthetic would be cool.

I think the steampunk aesthetic doesn't fit the Amazons at all. Sure, if some artist wants to explore it, but not for the default look.

The aircraft designs in Earth One weren't half bad. Art Nouveau also seems like a good fit for the Amazons, and while technically steampunk in period, it emphasised distinctly different elements from what is usually seen within steampunk.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Most of the tech designs are Greco-Roman design. That should be how it's design.

Pants or no pants? Many have tried to overall cover Diana most add pants. We also have Earth one. What do you guys think?

Pants or no pants? Many have tried to overall cover Diana most add pants. We also have Earth one. What do you guys think?
    If she is to wear pants, they should have bold patterns.

AMAZONS.jpg
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Big fan of pants, bigger fan of leotard. Modest fan of battle skirt.

What do you mean by leotard ? I don’t know even those some Amazons wear pants. Majority have on Greco-Roman armor meaning their legs are out.

Battle skirt is my preference.

I like pants too.

I only have a real issue with the briefs/leotard/panties/whatever when the costume is drawn like a bikini. If it's got some proper texture work so it looks like armor the Amazons would send their champion off in, and isn't a damn thong, I can roll with that too. But of the three choices it's my least favorite.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post

Downplay the obvious steampunk aesthetic some and insert some Greco-Roman sensibilities and yes, that's the kind of fantastical thing I'd like to see for Amazon technology.

Your image made me think of something too; more wood in Amazon tech, less metal. I want some steel and gold and silver, gilding and bling and whatnot of course, but I feel like it would make more sense for the Amazons to use (enchanted?) lumber in most of their construction rather than mining and processing iron and other metals, which is a hell of a lot harder, more time consuming and resource draining.

Though I still want the invisible jet to be an Argus invention, so as far as I'm concerned it can just look like a souped up version of a regular fighter jet (or bomber, or whatever). But for Amazon tech, yes I think a combination of "Gladiator" and "steampunk" would be pretty awesome and appropriate!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.