Page 279 of 440 FirstFirst ... 179229269275276277278279280281282283289329379 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,185 of 6590
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I have too and they're largely from the same three posters, one of which is yourself. You seem to be the only one really banging this drum and refusing any argument anyone makes in opposition so it's become evident this is less of a discussion and more a place for you to vent your frustrations using other posters as punching bags for a reality you refuse to accept not matching your perception.

Anecdotes don't account for a damn thing. Want my source? I use them all the time and it's never once helped my arguments or anyone else's because generally nobody believes an anecdote unless they witnessed it themselves.

That we even use them at all it's out-of-this-world stupid. I know that because I've actually been to space.

See what I mean?

Look. You hate everything about how Diana is portrayed and nothing will sway you. Every success is in spite of their efforts of sabotage.

The honest fact is that your perception does not reflect the reality of these boards. Every thread, and I mean every one, your opinion is often drowned out by people saying they feel to the contrary. I'm not telling you to leave, but honestly consider the following. It's everyone else on the forum not a fan or are you missing something?

Seriously. It's a Wonder Woman fan board and nobody else is as unhappy as you save perhaps two other people. I haven't even seen that unpopular an opinion even on the Bat or Super boards.

She's objectively not as poorly positioned or capitalized on as she was in the 90s, 00s or even early 10s. All those things you're saying she was missing? She didn't have them then either. She had less. L E S S. Reflect on that a moment. They're spending money on Diana like they haven't in decades and money is all that matters to them.
    On this same forum she is rated as weak. Take a look at battle threads. Take a look at comicvine. Take a look at any forum. DCEU WW is not seen as a powerful chartacter. Obviously since she doesn't have the feats. Just because i do not settle for bread crumbs doesn't mean what i say is not true. Step outside this section and you will see a lot of fans upset at how she is treated. You are a SM fan so you don't understand. When was the last time that WW did anything major with her own power? When was the last time she beat a big threat without gear? Where is her god like strength? speed? durability? Where is the so called strongest female hero? Why is Cheetah still jobbing? Where are the WW events that affect the DCU at large? Where are BM and SM calling WW amazing and the greatest like they have WW calling those 2 all the time? Where is the equal treatment? Where is the WW that represents girl power? Where is the powerhouse? You like fodder WW? Good for you. I don't like it.

I wish WW died and a male took off the mantle. I'm sure sexism would allow a male version to be more powerful. Since WW has been mostly a weaklink for 10 years now. Poor girl, don't take tha sword and shield away. The independent and powerful amazon would get trash the minute you take those away. Such a great feminist icon proving to girls they can be all they want. As long as their goal is to be cannon fodder. You go girl. Marston would be proud of seeing how far you have gone. Sigh

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    On this same forum she is rated as weak. Take a look at battle threads. Take a look at comicvine. Take a look at any forum. DCEU WW is not seen as a powerful chartacter. Obviously since she doesn't have the feats. Just because i do not settle for bread crumbs doesn't mean what i say is not true. Step outside this section and you will see a lot of fans upset at how she is treated. You are a SM fan so you don't understand. When was the last time that WW did anything major with her own power? When was the last time she beat a big threat without gear? Where is her god like strength? speed? durability? Where is the so called strongest female hero? Why is Cheetah still jobbing? Where are the WW events that affect the DCU at large? Where are BM and SM calling WW amazing and the greatest like they have WW calling those 2 all the time? Where is the equal treatment? Where is the WW that represents girl power? Where is the powerhouse? You like fodder WW? Good for you. I don't like it.
    Only by you and a couple other posters.

Mighty Member

I wish WW died and a male took off the mantle. I'm sure sexism would allow a male version to be more powerful. Since WW has been mostly a weaklink for 10 years now. Poor girl, don't take tha sword and shield away. The independent and powerful amazon would get trash the minute you take those away. Such a great feminist icon proving to girls they can be all they want. As long as their goal is to be cannon fodder. You go girl. Marston would be proud of seeing how far you have gone. Sigh
    You exaggerate way too much, i do think Robanker is sugar-coating a bit especially after reading his interpretation at how the DCEU Superman vs the Justice League scene would be allegedly generally perceived, but you talk like this would be the 1960s or 1970s and DC still thinks this **** would be feminist:

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Going by that i had often the feeling i am almost the only poster in the battle forum who portrays Wonder Woman as more than just a lesser Superman with lacking feats, i don't think that is fully true, and for the DCEU is it unambigiously clear that Wonder Woman is a weakling in comparison to Superman until Justice League is not the latest movie in the timeline anymore and that gets fixed.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 07-29-2021 at 07:50 AM.

Mate, every fandom thinks they have it the worse.

I've seen plenty of people in the Superman subforum call Superman DC's greatest jobber or get annoyed there's any character even within close proximity of his strength levels. I've seen Superman fans try to argue him curb stomping the league in JL was somehow more harmful/disrespectful to him than others.

Batman currently makes up over half of DC's current publishing output, is getting a new cartoon, a live-action show about the Gotham PD, a new movie, taking over the Flash "solo" movie, overwhelmingly dominates DC's action figure and merchandise and I've still seen Bat-fans whine about how they think DC throws Bruce under the bus.

Outside of the WW section, DCEU WW is rated as weak. You will never be able to prove DCEU WW is powerful. She has no feats to prove it. Aquaman is far stronger than her and more durable based on feats. The evidence is there for everybody to see. And in other forums is the same. DCEU WW is a wanked mess that has no real evidence to support the claim that she is a high tier. She is a low mid tier at best. And i think i'm being generous.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Mate, every fandom thinks they have it the worse.

I've seen plenty of people in the Superman subforum call Superman DC's greatest jobber or get annoyed there's any character even within close proximity of his strength levels.

Batman currently makes up over half of DC's current publishing output, is getting a new cartoon, a live-action show about the Gotham PD, a new movie, taking over the Flash "solo" movie, overwhelmingly dominates DC's action figure and merchandise and I've still seen Bat-fans whine about how they think DC throws Bruce under the bus.
    The difference is when the reality actually supports the claim. WW does have it worse than BM and SM., There is plenty of evidence to prove it. The other 2 can not say the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    You exaggerate way too much, i do think Robanker is sugar-coating a bit especially after reading his interpretation at how the DCEU Superman vs the Justice League scene would be allegedly generally perceived, but you talk like this would be the 1960s or 1970s and DC still thinks this **** would be feminist:

I0m not talking about a no super powers WW. I'm talking about killing the character for good. And let a man take over the mantle. I'm sure he would fare better thanb current WW on the power chart. I see no other reason outsider sexims at this point, to explain how much her power has declined. Even Aquaman gets better showings nowadays.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Why don't you set up a poll and see if the consensus on a Wonder Woman messageboard is that she is powerful as intended. Because the evidence is apparently lacking for her in the power department. Just look at her showings in the DCEU as well as the latest animated flick (Justice Society) as well as in her own comic. Starting with the Liar Liar arc going into the latest issue, what are her godlike power showings? She was depowered for several issues by the latest authors.

Alot of us may want to see Wonder Woman powerful as she should be, whether blessed by Gods or as daughter of Zeus, but where is the respect given to her with this in mind? Apparently Shazam flew in his first movie outing, but we don't get that until movie 4 from Diana, and it is debatable if she is gliding or outright flying. Only time will tell with that aspect of her power in the next movie she is in.

CM is far more powerful than WW noew. In comics and movies. That is another unpopular opinion that certain people refuse to acept. Sadly for them. Featrs don't lie.

The difference is when the reality actually supports the claim. WW does have it worse than BM and SM., There is plenty of evidence to prove it. The other 2 can not say the same.
    Yes, and it's all a matter of perspective. I'm just as annoyed with crap like Injustice where she gets reduced to a prop for Batman and Superman character arcs or in the DCAU where her big return to animation was as a love-interest for Batman but it's also true WW has it a lot better than other characters also.

Its Green Arrow and Aquaman's 80th anniversaries also and neither currently have a solo book on their own aside from a team-up mini and team books like JL. I'd say their success in other mediums like the CW 'verse and DCEU probably justify a little more effort than that.

Other female characters like Supergirl, Zatanna, Vixen, Powergirl have just as spotty treatment by DC as they do with Diana and all have rarely ever been allowed to fly solo like Diana has.

Yes, and it's all a matter of perspective. I'm just as annoyed with crap like Injustice where she gets reduced to a prop for Batman and Superman character arcs or in the DCAU where her big return to animation was as a love-interest for Batman but it's also true WW has it a lot better than other characters also.

It's a Green Arrow and Aquaman's 80th anniversaries and neither currently have a solo book on their own aside from a team-up mini and team books like JL.

Other female characters like Supergirl, Zatanna, Vixen, Powergirl have just as spotty treatment by DC as they do with Diana and all have rarely ever been allowed to fly solo like Diana has.
    Not it is not a matter of perspective. It is a matter of if said character actually gets bad treatment or not. WW does. A lot of it in fact. Vixen got a cartoon. WW still hasn't have one. WWE would be cancelled and in the same spot as the other girls you mentionjed. If it wasn't for the fact they still have to publish material to not lose the rights. Aquaman is more durable and stronger than WW now. He actually has the feats to prove it. And he has a very unique and epic world on the silver screen. So he is doing fine. He even got the best of WW on land in their latest animated movie. And that other characters get it worse doesn't justify anything. Specially because other characters are not being hyped as the strongest female, a trinity member. An essential figure of DC universe along with BM and SM, and all the lipservice they do but never actually show with facts.
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 07-29-2021 at 07:51 AM.

Its Green Arrow and Aquaman's 80th anniversaries also and neither currently have a solo book on their own aside from a team-up mini and team books like JL. I'd say their success in other mediums like the CW 'verse and DCEU probably justify a little more effort than that.

Not it is not a matter of perspective. It is a matter of if said character actually gets bad treatment or not. WW does. A lot of it in fact. Vixen got a cartoon. WW still hasn't have one. WW would be cancelled and in the same spot as the other girls you mentioned. If it wasn't for the fact they still have to publish material to not lose the rights. So don't fool yourself into thinking she gets to have a solo title because they cherish her more. Aquaman is more durable and stronger than WW now. He actually has the feats to prove it. And he has a very unique and epic world on the silver screen. So he is doing fine. He even got the best of WW on land in their latest animated movie. And that other characters get it worse doesn't justify anything. Specially because other characters are not being hyped as the strongest female, a trinity member. An equally essential figure of DC universe along with BM and SM, and all the lipservice they do but never actually show with facts.
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 07-29-2021 at 07:54 AM.

It's unfortunate when people reduce Wonder Woman down to simply just her powers and strength. I get that it's a superhero comics thing, particularly with DC, to see impressive feats of power, but damned if I don't rather like to see interesting stories that focus on the themes and messages of the character over the brute force.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    It's unfortunate when people reduce Wonder Woman down to simply just her powers and strength. I get that it's a superhero comics thing, particularly with DC, to see impressive feats of power, but damned if I don't rather like to see interesting stories that focus on the themes and messages of the character over the brute force.
    And again, you and others resort to the time tested argument of story over powers. Why can't a Wonder Woman story do both?

I would love to read a good Wonder Woman story that has a good plot as well as establishing the powers that she was meant to have.

I don't think the people that argue the disrespect that Wonder Woman gets in stories because of her powerset is weakened is asking for just a brute force story. But it would be nice if people could argue that we want both story and her powers and not diminish one for the other!