Page 230 of 440 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234240280330 ... LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 6590
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    ...she's not going to destroy the universe in her current run.
    We know. She can't even destroy vertigo or deathstroke as we saw in the latest run from tamaki.

For F-ing sakes I don't want this to turn into Dragon Ball, where every new season the bad guy can flex his pinky toe and shake the omniverse. I just want Diana to be the powerhouse amazon demi-goddess like the multiple times I've be told she is by the company that owns her. I want her to be on Superman's level like the multiple times I've been told she is by the company that owns her. I would love for that minor bit of consistency. I don't mind there being villains that are more powerful then her, I don't mind the Gods being more powerful then her, heck that's the point some times But a God that can warp the universe to their will is obviously gonna be more powerful then a woman who can at her best lasso and pull stars.

Having Diana create a big bang in the future or fight Phantom Stranger doesn't really do anything when more consistently then not she's been fighting at a mid-tier level at best. The rock giants was great, probably the only few notable moment of GWW's run, but that suddenly gets dampened by all the unimpressive showings between that moment from previous runs to present day. I really don't want this to be a list by list "show me what you mean" thing because come on... we've all read the comics we know why some of this is forgetful at best and taints the character's rep at worst.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    We know. She can't even destroy vertigo or deathstroke as we saw in the latest run from tamaki.
    Vertigo got a power-up in her run curtesy of Lord's tech and she defeated him and his entire army while being blind and none of them got a single hit on her. The man was decimating the landscape into this, he was not operating at normal power levels and was flying.

She blitz Deathstroke and he didn't get a single cut on her. I agree Deathstroke shouldn't be in Diana's league, even with the God Killer daggers. But lets not act like Deathstoke isn't a character in the same vein as Batman who gets over-powered for the sake of the plot. And again, he did zero damage to her.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Doesn't Deathstroke have the gift foresight? And enhanced strength? Yeah in the end he shouldnt be able to beat her but hold her off a little I wouldnt mind, same with Supes.

I enjoyed her fight with him in that DC Universe video.

Vertigo got a power-up in her run curtesy of Lord's tech and she defeated him and his entire army while being blind and none of them got a single hit on her. The man was decimating the landscape into this, he was not operating at normal power levels and was flying.

She blitz Deathstroke and he didn't get a single cut on her. I agree Deathstroke shouldn't be in Diana's league, even with the God Killer daggers. But lets not act like Deathstoke isn't a character in the same vein as Batman who gets over-powered for the sake of the plot. And again, he did zero damage to her.
    Hmm, no wonder writers pair them off. Unstoppable Bat-God vs the Immovable Villain Sue.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Sure. She is never going to be at that level again though. Because then writers would have to put more effort than having her fight vertigo, deathstroke, max lored and her crazy child. And it is also beyond pathetic that WW can create a big ban in that story. Yet she was getting her ass kicked by darkseid some pages earlier. The same darkseid that and old superman was able to fight better than her. Poor wondy can never be consistent these days when it comes to being powerful.
    They won't be able to use her traditional rogues either... as I can't imagine characters like Blue Snowman, Zara, Queen Clea, or any of her other rouges that aren't divine can challenge her unless they find a way to BS it (like how every Superman villain and their mother has Kryptonite as a crutch).

Circe's good though...but my controversial opinion is that the members of Villainy Inc should get more action opposing Wonder Woman than the gods, but alas, to some it would be like Wonder Woman punching down if she has issues with someone like Clea after tangoing with Darkseid.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Hmm, no wonder writers pair them off. Unstoppable Bat-God vs the Immovable Villain Sue.
    Fight, Fight, Fight

kiss, kiss, kiss

Do you think they could create a big bang if their combined plot armor clashed to hard. XD

Fight, Fight, Fight

kiss, kiss, kiss

Do you think they could create a big bang if their combined plot armor clashed to hard. XD
    Mother of God.... that would shake the multiverse.... You'd need a Dark Knights ULTRA Death Metal extravaganza for something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Mother of God.... that would shake the multiverse.... You'd need a Dark Knights ULTRA Death Metal extravaganza for something like this.
    Oh no, don't give Scott Snyder any more ideas. He'll put a The-Superman-Who-Thinks and make Diana clean up that mess too with her Oscar powers.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 04-28-2021 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    They won't be able to use her traditional rogues either... as I can't imagine characters like Blue Snowman, Zara, Queen Clea, or any of her other rouges that aren't divine can challenge her unless they find a way to BS it (like how every Superman villain and their mother has Kryptonite as a crutch).

Circe's good though...but my controversial opinion is that the members of Villainy Inc should get more action opposing Wonder Woman than the gods, but alas, to some it would be like Wonder Woman punching down if she has issues with someone like Clea after tangoing with Darkseid.
    I disagree with this... Most of the time Superman is holding back, I don't expect Clark to hit his more "human" villains with planet shaking punches. And we as readers don't need to be constantly reminded of that, but every once and a while a notice isn't bad. Same for Diana.

An obvious solution is just making the tech these villain's use to be powerful enough to restrain her. Make Blue Ice crazy durable, have Zara be powered by a star, Queen Clea is already an Atlantean and she's powered up by a magic triton. I don't think Atlanteans are weak, their super human and can fight other super humans like amazons, I just don't think they compare to an amazon demigoddess. You can have some pretty wild villain revamps for a hero as powerful as Diana.

Oh no, don't give Scott Snyder any more ideas. He'll put a The-Superman-Who-Thinks and make Diana clean up that mess too with her Oscar powers.
    No... you see.... your on to something. There is a Dark universe and even below that a Super-dark universe where its all just evil versions of Superman.

Just wait for Zack Snyder's Justice League....extended edition. Its real.... we all know it is... its gonna make Zack's 4 hour long film even better. Its gonna have 10 extra minutes of Alfred making tea and 20 minutes of Jerod Leto as Joker, high as a kite, dancing in the desert. That's gonna make the fans go wild, that's what the people want.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    No... you see.... your on to something. There is a Dark universe and even below that a Super-dark universe where its all just evil versions of Superman.

Just wait for Zack Snyder's Justice League....extended edition. Its real.... we all know it is... its gonna make Zack's 4 hour long film even better. Its gonna have 10 extra minutes of Alfred making tea and 20 minutes of Jerod Leto as Joker, high as a kite, dancing in the desert. That's gonna make the fans go wild, that's what the people want.
    What? I thought they were going to make Diana into one of Harley Quinn's sidekicks in the sequel (Where Wonder Woman will get a lecture on the bloodshed she caused in the Snyder cut)

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    What? I thought they were going to make Diana into one of Harley Quinn's sidekicks in the sequel (Where Wonder Woman will get a lecture on the bloodshed she caused in the Snyder cut)
    Harley would just reaffirm Diana's violence with a girl power quote and something about how powerful she looks.

You jest, but I bet people would eat up a comic short story where Diana is pestered while she's on duty by Harley with questions like an 8 year old doing a school interview project.
    Last edited by Perseus; 04-28-2021 at 06:32 PM.

Hey. I notice in the comics every now then. It seems Diana without the lasso can sense something evil or mind controlled. I', not saying it should be strong but should Diana have any of the lasso's abilities? Like she has just been with the lasso for some long it bonded to her? I know I have said this in the past but I would like it if they brought in the Superfriends lasso where she can mind control the lasso. Maybe in a sense the lasso could be sentient

It's still interesting how Harley gets a show first but not Diana. One day

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Hey. I notice in the comics every now then. It seems Diana without the lasso can sense something evil or mind controlled. I', not saying it should be strong but should Diana have any of the lasso's abilities? Like she has just been with the lasso for some long it bonded to her? I know I have said this in the past but I would like it if they brought in the Superfriends lasso where she can mind control the lasso. Maybe in a sense the lasso could be sentient

It's still interesting how Harley gets a show first but not Diana. One day
    Superman hasn't had an animated show since the 90s, unless you count the Legion of the Superheroes in the mid 2000s. The reason why Harley Quinn has a show is the same reason why Deadpool has had scripts for one. They appeal to a meme based Zoomer culture.