Page 421 of 440 FirstFirst ... 321371411417418419420421422423424425431 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,315 of 6592

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think the problem is that sword and sandals aesthetics are somewhat iconic. When random person thinks about amazons he imagines something close to that image.

In-universe it makes little sense and is somewhat regressive, but DC probably doesn't see the reason to invest much into it since Themyscira is less important to WW than Gotham or Metropolis is to their heroes.
    That's not really true, almost every WW run has a Themyscira arc. King's current conflict stems from Themyscira, it's the basis for Wonder Woman's ideals. There are a lot of eyes on the book. If King sticks the landing and even if he doesn't, how he portrays Themyscira can change the sword and sandal aesthetic that some find iconic.

I think the problem is that sword and sandals aesthetics are somewhat iconic. When random person thinks about amazons he imagines something close to that image.

In-universe it makes little sense and is somewhat regressive, but DC probably doesn't see the reason to invest much into it since Themyscira is less important to WW than Gotham or Metropolis is to their heroes.
    It's more like Wonder Woman is less important than Batman and Superman so they don't invest in elements of her mythos as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    That's not really true, almost every WW run has a Themyscira arc. King's current conflict stems from Themyscira, it's the basis for Wonder Woman's ideals. There are a lot of eyes on the book. If King sticks the landing and even if he doesn't, how he portrays Themyscira can change the sword and sandal aesthetic that some find iconic.
    Sure, we visit it often, but it is not like Gotham were an entire run often takes place.

Sure, we visit it often, but it is not like Gotham were an entire run often takes place.
    It's just as important to the background and vibe as Gotham is to Batman.

Showing more heroic Amazons makes Diana more special, not less. There's nothing impressive about being the best among a nation of villains and red shirts.

Fantastic Member

It's just as important to the background and vibe as Gotham is to Batman.
    Its important only as a background and nothing more. The arcs don't develop Themyscira as a living, breathing location. It's just a generic warrior island for the most part unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    Its important only as a background and nothing more. The arcs don't develop Themyscira as a living, breathing location. It's just a generic warrior island for the most part unfortunately.
    I don't know how that can be said, when we just went through Trial of the Amazons with the murder of a queen, the appointment of another and the development of Doom's Doorway and more specifically the Well of Souls. Then there's the three factions of Amazons coming together as one, and the decision for Themyscirans to end their isolation and venture off into the outside world, on a new floating embassy.

And for it not to be a real, living breathing location the Birds of Prey are currently being attacked by Megalodons there.

Fantastic Member

I don't know how that can be said, when we just went through Trial of the Amazons with the murder of a queen, the appointment of another and the development of Doom's Doorway and more specifically the Well of Souls. Then there's the three factions of Amazons coming together as one, and the decision for Themyscirans to end their isolation and venture off into the outside world, on a new floating embassy.

And for it not to be a real, living breathing location the Birds of Prey are currently being attacked by Megalodons there.
    Fair enough, I think lately they are doing something with it. I overlooked that.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

The Azzarello run was really good and wish there was a way to keep it.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    To each their own. I blame that man for a lot of the bad things and crummy portrayal of WW and her lore since 2011.

The continuity still exists on Earth 52. I just doubt we'll ever revisit that Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    The continuity still exists on Earth 52. I just doubt we'll ever revisit that Earth.
    I thought one of the more recent "Crisis" undid those.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by WonderLight789 View Post
    To each their own. I blame that man for a lot of the bad things and crummy portrayal of WW and her lore since 2011.
    My official position on the New 52 is that it should have been an Ultimates style line. Not touching the mainstream line. I think there were a lot of cool ideas there that could have been worked with on their own.
    Assassinate Putin!

My official position on the New 52 is that it should have been an Ultimates style line. Not touching the mainstream line. I think there were a lot of cool ideas there that could have been worked with on their own.
    Oh, please.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

I would be so happy if I never had to see another "heyuck, sure was lot of bondage in GA Wonder Woman".

They're never funny, it's never insightful, everyone always acts like they're the first person to make it, and it shows either how much Marston failed because that's the only takeaway people take from his work or how little people care about GA Wonder Woman that's the only takeaway they have from it.