Page 93 of 440 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 6586

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Is that so WW can be cemented as pan-sexual?
    While giving scope for exploring Diana as a queer character is part of it, to me there is an even more important element. Diana grew up in a society with entirely different views of sex and gender than we can find in our societies, and having someone to look at our society through that lens would be hugely helpful. A queer writer might bring a different scope for that helps to bring that perspective to life.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Diana herself at best is bi but not pan. She has generally always been more into men. Plus Just because she grew up makes me wonder actually why should she viewed as pan? I mean the Amazons are generally not much shown into relationships as they are background characters. Diana is the only kid. If we changed it that Diana could explore her sexuality with others her own age that would be better. Having her in a relationship with grown woman already seem a little weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    Queer writers should be given priority over straight ones when DC chooses who should write Wonder Woman comics.
    If the writers being looked at are equal in terms of skill, experience, ability to make a deadline, understanding of the character, history, and mythos, and all the other factors in play, then sure.

Otherwise you give the job to the most qualified individual. Just because a writer is gay (or whatever) does not mean they're a better writer or better suited to write Diana. I mean, being a woman didn't make Finch a good writer or a good match for Diana. Being a straight white guy didn't make Rucka a bad writer or mean he didn't understand Diana.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I often wonder if sensational comics ever comes back, what would you guys like to see in the comic book? I would like it to focus more of other aspects we don't get to see in Wonder Woman. Maybe it focuses more on her family. Like one point we get a Donna Troy storyline and it ties to Diana.

The way the WW fandom and to an extent the writers approach the idea of alternate methods of conflict resolution has some issues. While lethal force should not be used to solve every problem there are people whom cannot be stopped by any other means and using lethal force is completely fair. And this need to use alternative means as a one-size fits all solution has produced some genuinely ugly stories like Reformation Island in the Golden Age or Christopher Priest's The 18th Letter.

I like the idea of Wonder Woman being Superman's best friend.

Astonishing Member

Wonder Woman isn't really a good mentor.

Wonder Woman needs a story to showcase her raw power. Make her go nuts in a cosmic story (Enough with mythological threats) and show us why she is one of the most powerful beings on the planet. Show, don't tell.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    Wonder Woman needs a story to showcase her raw power. Make her go nuts in a cosmic story (Enough with mythological threats) and show us why she is one of the most powerful beings on the planet. Show, don't tell.
    Sure, but i strongly doubt that's an unpopular opinion.

A male sidekick? I don't mind but it depends on who it should be. Are there any ideas of who a male character can be? I feel maybe what if Hunter came back to be trained by his mom?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    but everyone knows she is. I'd like more travel super speed showings & lightning attacks. Maybe the next film will show that

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    but everyone knows she is. I'd like more travel super speed showings & lightning attacks. Maybe the next film will show that
    I think he means in the comics. Dc makes her a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    A male sidekick? I don't mind but it depends on who it should be. Are there any ideas of who a male character can be? I feel maybe what if Hunter came back to be trained by his mom?
    I'm thinking maybe a prince from some magical kingdom who wants Diana to train him because he saw her take down a powerful creature.

BANNED

I don't want any major male above steve who is a guy in distress. This is Amazons, this is girl's club and no man is allowed. I understand that and appreciate it. Why can't girls have that ?

I don’t mind. The thing is for many it’s the fact Clarke and Bruce have both male and female characters. Some want at least one another male major character. I feel Steve fits right. Diana shouldn’t have a Wonder Woman family too large.

Unless she and Steve had kids. One for each of them. Girl and boys