4 19.05%
  • Other

1 4.76%
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Default Preferred Cheetah look - Deborah Edition

SO MANY OPTIONS!

A since it's unique from both Barbara and Priscilla

Some real diversity of choices here.

A, I guess. Easy to see why Debbie's pretty overlooked.

A, but it should have heels

Brainwashed heiress becomes an eco-terrorist and legacy supervillain, Deborah Domaine is my favorite Cheetah because her backstory is so intriguing.

A. It makes more sense that her Cheetah-ism be an outfit rather than a beastiomorph, plus gotta love a plunging V neck... Would hope the suit would have some texture in a modern portrayal.

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Doctor Cyber's cosplay is my favorite

The sexy one, A
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Astonishing Member

A is the best look any Cheetah ever had. I'd be fine with Barbara having that look -- she can keep her powers, but lose the fur.

They all look like the same look to me.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    They all look like the same look to me.
    *adds to list of blind people on CBR forum*

Spectacular Member

Cheetah-Deborah-Domaine-DC-Comics-Wonder-Woman-c.jpg

Always have a soft spot in my heart for Debbie Domaine. She was the first version of the Cheetah that I encountered. It was in issue #195 of JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA drawn by George Perez. A classic JLA/JSA team up. The two-page fight with Debbie and Diana at the Washington Monument is a classic encounter between the two. Of course the plunging V-neck had to go when she started showing up on SUPER POWERS merchandise in the mid-'80s. Did anybody else have the Fisher-Price book and cassette, "Cheetah on the Prowl" when they were a kid? I believe you can find a video of it on YouTube.

Option B in the poll is pretty much Barbara Minerva but they call her Debbie Domaine in the story. I appreciate the writer's nod to the Bronze Age, but dang, the great Jose Luis Gracia Lopez must not have gotten that note and just drew the current in-continuity Cheetah instead.

This is probably the best and most detailed account of Debbie's time as the Cheetah.

https://www.writeups.org/cheetah-dc-...borah-domaine/

Quote Originally Posted by The I.A.D.C. View Post
    Cheetah-Deborah-Domaine-DC-Comics-Wonder-Woman-c.jpg

Always have a soft spot in my heart for Debbie Domaine. She was the first version of the Cheetah that I encountered. It was in issue #195 of JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA drawn by George Perez. A classic JLA/JSA team up. The two-page fight with Debbie and Diana at the Washington Monument is a classic encounter between the two. Of course the plunging V-neck had to go when she started showing up on SUPER POWERS merchandise in the mid-'80s. Did anybody else have the Fisher-Price book and cassette, "Cheetah on the Prowl" when they were a kid? I believe you can find a video of it on YouTube.

Option B in the poll is pretty much Barbara Minerva but they call her Debbie Domaine in the story. I appreciate the writer's nod to the Bronze Age, but dang, the great Jose Luis Gracia Lopez must not have gotten that note and just drew the current in-continuity Cheetah instead.

This is probably the best and most detailed account of Debbie's time as the Cheetah.

https://www.writeups.org/cheetah-dc-...borah-domaine/
    The Write-up page says that Domaine's fighting skills let her "engage even such superior hand-to-hand combatants as the early 1980s Black Canary." Is there a reference for that? Did that take place in JL # 195?

Astonishing Member

I don't recall offhand, but I would guess yes since BC is in that story. I mostly recall Black Canary facing the original mist. This was my introduction to the Debbie Domaine version, not the original Cheetah. But I loved this version -- as I did the original. Barbara Minerva version never quite eclipsed the two that came before her.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I don't recall offhand, but I would guess yes since BC is in that story. I mostly recall Black Canary facing the original mist. This was my introduction to the Debbie Domaine version, not the original Cheetah. But I loved this version -- as I did the original. Barbara Minerva version never quite eclipsed the two that came before her.
    Thanks!

OMG, I need to go back and reread that George-Perez-drawn JL story. I recall being mesmerized by how Perez drew villains like Shrapnel and Rag Doll (both of whom I think were featured in that story).