Page 17 of 440 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

His cape still serves a purpose. If Superman can't block Something he can use his cape to block anything.

One thing I always thought is what if Diana never had involvement with the military other than Steve. That her first start is Holliday Girls. That this is where she meets Vanessa Kapatelis and lives with her. They live in Gateway city so it's not usually for Nessie or her parents to know Diana is magically.

Extraordinary Member

I'm all in favor of Wondie not having a military connection beyond dating a man in the military

You think that after a while they would give a story in her own city. We have nothing about her daily life. I mean what does she do when she not saving the world ? We see Azz have her a nightclub.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    You think that after a while they would give a story in her own city. We have nothing about her daily life. I mean what does she do when she not saving the world ? We see Azz have her a nightclub.
    I’ve been thinking that myself. What are Diana’s hobbies? Stuff she likes outside of being a hero?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’ve been thinking that myself. What are Diana’s hobbies? Stuff she likes outside of being a hero?
    Some ideas here. She is athletic, competitive, and sporty. Not the person who sits in the audience, but who actually is out there playing or competing. Of course, she is well aware that her training and abilities leave most competitors in the dust, but I can see her participating in equestrian sports or having organised a sports league with traditional Themysciran games within the Justic League.

I also interpret her as an avid reader, especially poetry (in my headcanon Sappho was an Amazon who was outside Themyscira on a mission when Heracles took the Amazons into slavery, and thus were not part of the split between the Themyscirans and the Bana-Mighdall). I'm sure she has tried her hand at poetry, but with which success I have no idea. I can see her being an enthusiastic jury in a poetry slam.

Her education definitely would include music, but I'm not sure it would be a primary interest. Likewise with cooking (and her idea of festive cooking starts with "go out and hunt") and gardening. More likely she has a gardener (possibly as an extra duty for Ferdinand) she works closely with and assists at times. Some basic handicraft would be a possibility, like knitting, lacing, or embroidery. Or wickerwork.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Some ideas here. She is athletic, competitive, and sporty. Not the person who sits in the audience, but who actually is out there playing or competing. Of course, she is well aware that her training and abilities leave most competitors in the dust, but I can see her participating in equestrian sports or having organised a sports league with traditional Themysciran games within the Justic League.

I also interpret her as an avid reader, especially poetry (in my headcanon Sappho was an Amazon who was outside Themyscira on a mission when Heracles took the Amazons into slavery, and thus were not part of the split between the Themyscirans and the Bana-Mighdall). I'm sure she has tried her hand at poetry, but with which success I have no idea. I can see her being an enthusiastic jury in a poetry slam.

Her education definitely would include music, but I'm not sure it would be a primary interest. Likewise with cooking (and her idea of festive cooking starts with "go out and hunt") and gardening. More likely she has a gardener (possibly as an extra duty for Ferdinand) she works closely with and assists at times. Some basic handicraft would be a possibility, like knitting, lacing, or embroidery. Or wickerwork.
    One of the coolest things Diana ever did in the comics was teaching Supergirl martial arts. I'd like to think she does that sort of thing regularly, but I'm not sure how often she actually does.

I agree. I always though her being a defense teacher and her home or Somewhere else would be come a safe home for people who are abused

What would be a hobby she picked up in the outside world?

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Superman's still wearing his blankie as a cape. Some silly things can be kept.
    Superman wears a cape because it's part of his costume. It seems only people of high status wore them in Krypton. You can see that in the Syfy show Krypton and the movies. His cape is also useful to protect someone from danger like he did in the old Freischer cartoons. Plus it looks awesome and is iconic.

But shouldnd't Diana's bracelets be able to protected people? Her bracelets have taken many other things not just bullets. We know her Bracelets can create shield. We also seen it can create weapons. Why not keep those two things? That the bracelets can carry certain things for Diana? Like a pocket dimension?

I always wondered would the holliday girls ever work in today's Dc climate?

Also so far o you guys full a lot of Marston ideologies are still in Wonder Woman?
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 02-25-2019 at 11:18 AM.

For hobbies and interests, I'd kind of play off the Azz thing that she's a fan of dance, house music, DJs, etc. Diana likes getting dressed up, meeting up with friends, and hitting the club to let loose and twirl under the disco lights a bit. Ten points to any writer who gets Clark, Lois, Bruce, and Selina to join her, Steve, and Etta for a night out.

I can also imagine that Diana would really be into TV and film, not only because it wasn't something she had in Patadise, but also connecting to and critiquing the classic themes of storytelling and historical sociological aspects of how woman and men were portrayed in film, alongside ethnicity and LGBTQ+ characters.

Out of all the superheroes, I can't for the life of me understand why she hasn't gotten a Wonder Dog or Wonder Cat yet. I'm pretty sure Jumpa had to stay on Themyscira, but Diana would love her pets.

So those are some of the things I think she'd personally enjoy doing. I also think she'd do a lot of charity and volunteer work for human rights/civil rights organizations and animal, food, housing, LGBTQ, etc. nonprofits in whichever city DC finally allows her to settle down and have an actual home in. (And yes, I have a specific idea of what and where the city should be.)

I would love it if Jumpa was in the outside world.I would honestly have Gateway city but something to match her. Just a magically city. Who was made by humans and magical creatures. Not just from Greeks but also other deities.

What of my issues. Is ever since Diana can’t return home, why do people believe she is from paradise island? She has no proof? Not only that but there are many other heroes who have powers from gods

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Superman wears a cape because it's part of his costume. It seems only people of high status wore them in Krypton. You can see that in the Syfy show Krypton and the movies. His cape is also useful to protect someone from danger like he did in the old Freischer cartoons. Plus it looks awesome and is iconic.
    The current canon is that it was the blanket he was wrapped in in the rocket. It's never been said to be otherwise in the past 10+ years.

Actually from the beginning to now. His cape was always with him has a baby. It was from his home. The cape was already powerfully and useful.

Anyway what is a supporting cast member that should be written in? I feel Diana's comics are way too tiny with how limited they give her supporting cast.