Page 149 of 440 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159199249 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 6590

Quote Originally Posted by qwazer07 View Post
    I know it's not unpopular but Steve needs to step up his game. Compared to Catwoman and Lois. He is so empty. DC needs to push Steve more. BatCat and LoisClark work because both sides are interesting. There is drama, passion, history, etc. You feel it. Steve needs to face Diana and not just be seen as wrong. They need to push each other to develop and improve. Rant end.
    I often wonder if Steve’s game doesn’t get stepped up, because they’re afraid to explore Diana’s romantic and sexual side in a situation that’s not “perfect?” They definitely need to do it for the reasons you mention, but unfortunately nothing replaces the weight of having history and exploration during different eras, especially when it was off the table for decades.

Trevor Barnes are Rama are the two potential love interests, Post-Crisis, that I remember being explicitly set up as romantic foils for Diana during that time and before the DCnU.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Okay. I feel maybe Steve also needs his own archenemy? or rather a rival. I am not talking about love rather someone to keep him on his toes.
    I think there’s a lot of underused Wonder foes that could be reimagined to accomplish this, alongside anyone new a creator would like to make.

In the fairly recent one-shot with him, I liked that he went up against Saturna and her Crimson Men. Whether Saturna, or Doctor Cyber, or The Mask, or Hypnota, or others, I can see Steve having a strong adversarial relationship with certain villains and their minions.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I think there’s a lot of underused Wonder foes that could be reimagined to accomplish this, alongside anyone new a creator would like to make.

In the fairly recent one-shot with him, I liked that he went up against Saturna and her Crimson Men. Whether Saturna, or Doctor Cyber, or The Mask, or Hypnota, or others, I can see Steve having a strong adversarial relationship with certain villains and their minions.
    I would see him inheriting more of her non powered villains, Most of whom I feel Diana has kind of out grown. Doing so would keep them in the Wonderwoman family, but give them a more believable opponent.

Spectacular Member

I would see him inheriting more of her non powered villains, Most of whom I feel Diana has kind of out grown. Doing so would keep them in the Wonderwoman family, but give them a more believable opponent.
    Exactly. Since Steve is a soldier, non powered human mercs, like Dr Poison in Rucka's run, are good ennemies for him. He knows superhumans are more high risk so leaving them to Diana makes sense.

What about Baroness Von Gunter?

What about Baroness Von Gunter?
    Uh, I mean. She's able to hold her own against Wonder Woman in today's issue. She's definitely above Steve's pay grade.

Some times I wonder. What about some of Diana's doctor villains like Dr. Blue Snowman? We have Hynponta.

What do you all think about Holliday College?

I can imagine Holliday College being the center of fictional Georgetown, based on Washington, DC's historic college district and neighboring DC, in the DCU.

Diana, Mala, Etta and Ferdinand could live on campus, at Lamda House, with an arsenal in the basement and a perch for the I-Jet on the roof. Steve, Ching, Donna and Perez Hercules could visit, occasionally sleepover, but do NOT live there. Holliday and surrounding Georgetown could serve as the launching point for Diana's roving adventures!

Why Holliday College in a fictional city?

In addition to Holliday and Diana's residence, the fictional city also needs to feature an iconic HQ for ARGUS, over-militarized streets (giant, hi-tech tanks, bombers, cannons, etc), oversized statues, all over, ..and travellers from strange worlds, dimensions and civilizations. I think the ARGUS HQ should be HUGE...a domed citadel on its own MALL...with a giant eye panning the sky and surrounding land! Basing Diana in Boston, DC or another real-world locale limits what we can imagine being or happening there.

I think ARGUS central HQ should be in Diana's city. This is something that makes Steve Trevor a universal player, recognized throughout the DCU. Any consideration of ARGUS, anywhere and in any comic, should point back to Wonder Woman, her iconic residence ..and the Wonder brand, generally.

Mizuno, Scott and I have been talking about this forever, and the one thing we agree on is that Diana's city should be the X-Files capital of the DCU, ..literally a gateway and way station for the weirdest beings out there. That would be illustrated by the characters we might see Diana interacting with, at Lamda House: Amazons, ghosts, aliens, mythical gods, Mister Genie, Queen Desira, etc.

Lambda House at Holliday College could be Diana's Daily Planet, ..that central place in the Wonderverse that sums up what the WW comic is about. Weirdness on PARADE, friendship, freedom, fun and adventure!

Especially, friendship...more than any other comic, I think.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 05-22-2020 at 12:33 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

One thing is that I have been thinking. Holliday College should be in the Gateway. Why because it should be one of the few places where humans and mythical creatures live in harmony. That way the Holliday Girls accept who Diana is. I also have the idea that they should play has Diana's personal army. If She can't get to the Amazons why not the Holliday Girls. They can train and help out. I just don't want Etta to be in the military.
    Mouseman for Steve?

One thing is that I have been thinking. Holliday College should be in the Gateway. Why because it should be one of the few places where humans and mythical creatures live in harmony. That way the Holliday Girls accept who Diana is. I also have the idea that they should play has Diana's personal army. If She can't get to the Amazons why not the Holliday Girls. They can train and help out. I just don't want Etta to be in the military.
    Mouseman for Steve?
    I think Gateway City, home of the Spectre, from the Golden Age through the Silver Age, would be a great place for our Capital of the Weird, welcoming the denizens of magical realms and lost civilizations! What the three of us agree on is that the DCU's X-Files capital should be the official residence of Wonder Woman.

Again, ..I think ARGUS central HQ should be at the physical center of Diana's city, in some kind of cartoonishly big way.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Again, ..I think ARGUS central HQ should be at the physical center of Diana's city, in some kind of cartoonishly big way.
    You mean like the Triskalion, or whatever SHIELD's big HQ was called? A big giant building with "ARGUS" on the side in the middle of a city?

Awful idea for an intelligence organization, and I wholeheartedly support it.

I'm a fan of the idea of Gateway being full of mythical gateways, that's a good idea somebody had, but I'm definitely down with a giant Argus building in the middle of it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Yeah, I think moving a lot of WW’s traditional settings and concepts from her history (Holiday College, Argus, the Embassy) to Gateway to give a more firm status quo basis.

I had a sketch somewhere of Gateway as a faux San Francisco built around a bay, bordered by a W-shaped bridge and four distinct boroughs including Jump City from Teen Titans Go.

Here's an old CBR link.

Okay. So here is the thing I was thinking the Holliday Girls should actually be Diana's army. That she trains them but how can this work? I was thinking she and Vanessa could maybe be the same age this time. I had an idea that a few of the gods do live there. Not all but a few. Like Athena is the head of Holliday College.

Now with bullets, they should hurt but should they really kill her quickly? She is tough and has survived the worst things. I think she should outlast the normal human. I do think her healing factor should help her. I mean she survived her arm being cut off yet not a bullet? To balance it out she can die from bullets or her limps being cut of being but it takes longer to kill her.

For Steve, I've been thinking. Are there a villans Diana and he can both share? I was thinking maybe Dr.Cyber.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 05-23-2020 at 09:34 PM.