Page 67 of 440 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 6586

I agree. I don't know maybe Athena could have tried to heal Masuda but couldn't. I actually had a few ideas for both Athena and Aphrodite. For one due to Aphrodite's love for Ares she gladly helps him steal her husband's weapons. This causes the fight with the Gods and Amazons. Athena strips Aphrodite of her powers for a bit. With Athena, Out of all the gods and kids of Zeus, she is the one cleaning up his mess. What if she can't clean up Zeus's or any of the gods' messes. That she takes care of herself

I would find Steve Trevor a lot more interesting if he were Wonder Woman's sidekick "Wonder Boy" instead of, somewhat mockingly, being referred to as that.

What do you guys think about how often DC wants Diana with a sword?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I don't mind it, but I definitely think it's unnecessary and way over done.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I personally think the complaints about the sword are overblown. It clearly is not replacing the lasso or the bracelets. And it's presence has nothing to do with how overly aggressive Diana is being. Look at the DCAU. That was the most aggressive Diana has been outside of continuities where she's a villain and she doesn't use a sword there.

It does feel those they are trying to get her to lose the lasso. From new 52 and a few times in rebirth she uses the sword more than the lasso. I feel she doesn’t need to carry it. Why should she carry it . I mean her skills and lasso should make it more than enough. Sometimes I wonder why not have it be she can summon a weapon I instead

Nope.

No thank you. Sword and shield is generic and quite compared bracelets lasso and tiara.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

A spear would have been better(less over used in the Superhero context). But I’m a fan of Diana having an arsenal of tools. It the shows the depth of her training

I don't mind it. I just think there is a better way to do it. Like she can summon it instead of having to carry it.

Hey, the Amazons get their powers from their training. Instead of always relaying on the gods could there be a way that Diana can get super strength?

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    A spear would have been better(less over used in the Superhero context). But I’m a fan of Diana having an arsenal of tools. It the shows the depth of her training
    Yeah my favorite take is that she doesn't need them, but sometimes uses them. I mean if using weapons and stuff makes you less of a hero then Batman is the bottom of the food chain right?

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    This. In my opinion, giving Diana a large range of tools and resources is the way to go.

I think the lasso and bracelets should be her primary, "always" gear. And for my money, the lasso should be a little more impressive these days. I'd like to see it somewhat animated; if it's in Diana's hand it can act on its own. I think there's some really cool visuals to pull from the idea that the lasso watches Diana's back and actively helps her fight. Sort of like when Thor throws his hammer and it flies around hitting people while Thor's punching dudes.

And if she has to use a weapon, the spear should be her first choice. I think I might prefer a short spear and shield combo, but I'm not picky.

And I'd like to see her in different armor too. That golden eagle armor shows up now and then, but I'd like Diana to have a few more options than "the stuff I wear every day" and "end-of-all-things-sh*t's-hit-the-fan armor."
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

multiple costumes yeesss

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post

multiple costumes yeesss
    these look so cool!

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Not entirely sure why, but I find superheroines like Black Canary to be more interesting than Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah my favorite take is that she doesn't need them, but sometimes uses them. I mean if using weapons and stuff makes you less of a hero then Batman is the bottom of the food chain right?
    To me, Batman has the advantage that he isn't always carrying the same weapon nor always rely on it, they are a plus to his fighting style. Wonder Woman though, I don't think the sword works too much because I think it makes her more of a sword person than a martial art type and also means her strenght doesn't show off as well, I like her more when she is shown on the level of Superman.

It's not as much about the use of weapons as much as it is about how the hero looks like. With the redesign and the combo of sword/spear, I think she kinda looks like a generic heroic fantasy character who just needs a bow to be a cliche. But otherwise, I really love the idea that she is capable of using weapons and having her own set of armors to fight, just not everytime and the same one