Page 122 of 440 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 6586

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    If Prince Jason is retconned, I think his fans will forgive it. Like Achilles, he had a horrible introduction...much worse, though. Didio's departure isn't going to ruin anything.

I would still like to see a male superhuman ally, created in WW or Sensation, become a recurring character in the comic. Perez's heroic Hercules, Sargon the Sorcerer, Andros - not an every-issue regular, but, a recurring, like two or three times, a year.

I like that Orlando is creating a female triad, at the center of the comic. Though I would rather Mala was in it.

My vote still goes to Hunter Prince, he's cool and antagonistic toward Diana which creates natural conflict, yet he's a hero family member offering a masculine point of view. He's basically Diana's Rachel Summers to her Jean Grey. He'd fit right in with Young Justice as a wonder counterpart to Conner and I'd make them rivals due to Hunter's connection to Superman. He's his foster father and was raised as a brother to Jonathon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    If Prince Jason is retconned, I think his fans will forgive it. Like Achilles, he had a horrible introduction...much worse, though. Didio's departure isn't going to ruin anything.
    Fans...? As in... plural?

Young Justice already has a wonder counterpart and Hunter already has a team of his own anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Young Justice already has a wonder counterpart and Hunter already has a team of his own anyway.
    Yeah and so? There can't be two?

I often think about Hunter Trevor. Diana's son. He could come from the future.

After seeing Gary Frank's latest drawing of GA Wonder Woman, I honestly wouldn't mind giving her that costume full-time even in the present. Only difference would be her hairstyle as the original is obviously a 40s 'do. Armor makes more sense for her, I know. I just like the look.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Yeah and so? There can't be two?
    It would be redundant. And again, Hunter already has his own team.

Hell, given that he's also Clark's son, he would be given two roles already occupied in YJ (Super and Wonder).

It would be interesting to see Hunter in canon again. An interesting character, but was introduced at not the best time, and during a time when the Justice League comic was not very good. Though, I wouldn't mind if his "father" was retconned into being Steve though (through timey-wimey shenanigans), I'll say that.

We can have Hunter and Fury be cannon. So maybe if we wanted to twins they can be the replacements in Wonder Woman. I wonder what do you think Doris and Dr.Pysho should be a cannon couple?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It would be redundant. And again, Hunter already has his own team.

Hell, given that he's also Clark's son, he would be given two roles already occupied in YJ (Super and Wonder).
    That's part of what's good about him, he's a mixture of the two but more Wonder than Super. He's a perfect possible foil for Kon-El, Cassie and Diana without being "evil". His design and background are better than Achilles Warkiller, Jason, Lennox or any other male Wonder we've seen thus far. As for him already being on another team, membership on more than one has been done before (Beast Boy, Power Girl, Wonder Woman) and there's no reason his team would have to come with him to the current timeline and if they did, they'd be great as the Hellions to Young Justice' New Mutants. If he's redundant then so are Cassie and Donna and this is a world with 5 Robins and 3 Batgirls.

That's part of what's good about him, he's a mixture of the two but more Wonder than Super.
    Yeah, that's what makes him redundant on a team that already has a Super and a Wonder.

He's a perfect possible foil for Kon-El, Cassie and Diana without being "evil".
    Diana already has a foil in the form of Artemis.

His design and background are better than Achilles Warkiller, Jason, Lennox or any other male Wonder we've seen thus far.
    His design is a rule 63 version of Diana's outfit. At least those other guys, and yes even Jason, had unique designs of their own.

As for him already being on another team, membership on more than one has been done before (Beast Boy, Power Girl, Wonder Woman)
    Having two characters from the same family on the team is something that is rarely done precisely for the reasons I stated. Wonder Woman has never been a member of the JL when another Amazon was there.

and there's no reason his team would have to come with him to the current timeline and if they did, they'd be great as the Hellions to Young Justice' New Mutants.
    This is an idea I can get behind but it is not what you were initially proposing.

If he's redundant then so are Cassie and Donna and this is a world with 5 Robins and 3 Batgirls.
    This is not what I meant when I said he would be redundant on the YJ team and you know it. Also, we no longer have three Batgirls and all the other Robins had to move on to new identities.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 03-01-2020 at 06:05 AM.

Oh okay if those are the BEST arguments you can make against my idea Orlando should have Hunter Prince show up by the end of the year. Clearly I'm on to something.

Oh okay if those are the BEST arguments you can make against my idea Orlando should have Hunter Prince show up by the end of the year. Clearly I'm on to something.
    Okay, I think now you're kind of changing the argument to suit you.

Maybe I'm missing something but I'm not sure why it would be a problem. If Hunter became Diana's son in new canon he wouldn't have to be connected to Superman, etc. His history and style can change because he grows up differently.

Incredible Member

I'm going to say I feel what some other people have hinted at. His origin as Diana's potential son from her rape/corruption by a Cosmic Evil, kind of holds him back as a character and makes using him problematic.

I suppose if you wanted to repurpose the character and name Hunter for another potential son of her's, and change his backstory it may work, but I'd have to ask what would want to modify it too? Do you try to keep the angle of him feeling rejected by Diana for being born male, and if so, how? If not we're basically going to have to make an entirely new characterization. I can see a lot of problems when it would come to bringing him back.