Page 83 of 439 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 6573

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthor View Post
    I think her having a job like that doesnt make much sense. If a hero has a civilian identity it usually helps them with what they do like being a Journalist or CEO. Her being a nurse would work but she'd probably have to be an army nurse or something or maybe a combat teacher.
    I like the idea of her as a MA instructor, I just don't see it as a good fit for her civilian identity.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I like the idea of her as a MA instructor, I just don't see it as a good fit for her civilian identity.
    I mean a combat instructor in the military so she'd still have to be a soldier. Close to the action.

I honestly would rather have her not be in the military's payroll. Why not have her find a job on her own. I mean Holliday College would be a way to help. They pair her up with Vanessa. I had a story about how she gets there. That Athena is the president and sends Diana there.

Should Hippolyta be mad at Diana for being Wonder Woman ? I mean we see bloodline and a few others.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Should Hippolyta be mad at Diana for being Wonder Woman ? I mean we see bloodline and a few others.
    As an ongoing thing? not really. It doesn't make sense for the Champion to be an outcast...

BANNED

Yeah !!! i would be totally down for that, espeacilly if hippolyta lays wonder woman on her knees and spank wonder woman so many times. That would teach her ! :P

Why can't we ever get DC to give her back Donna and Cassie? Right now they are limbo and only in name at this point

I think it depends on how Diana's origin goes. If she's the champion of the contest, then Hippolyta should be mad at Diana for deceiving her way into the games but get over it quickly. If Diana leaves the Island in a "unsanctioned" way (such as the movie or the current DC Super Hero Girls cartoon) then it can remain a ongoing issue between them.

Why can't we ever get DC to give her back Donna and Cassie? Right now they are limbo and only in name at this point
    Those two definitely need to be put under Diana's franchise.

But the Cassie in Young Justice is definitely Cassie. We're far removed from that awful New52 version now. But yes, both girls need to be a part of Diana's world. Donna never has been, really, outside of a brief moment or two. And Cassie hasn't been a part of Diana's book since she joined the original YJ, and that too needs to change.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I really don't know, but are the Amazons supposed to be as strong and powerful as Diana?

I don't get that impression from the Gadot movie. It seems Diana is different as the daughter of Zeus.

In the WW 70s show, Wonder Girl had powers similar to Diana. What's canon?

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I really don't know, but are the Amazons supposed to be as strong and powerful as Diana?

I don't get that impression from the Gadot movie. It seems Diana is different as the daughter of Zeus.

I think the idea is that some amazons are simply far more powerful than others.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post

In Marston’s all the Amazons are around the same level. I honestly like how Rucka did it. That Diana was around the Amazons skills until she got her gifts. I rather have it that Diana has the strength and skills of regular Amazon. I mean in Marston’s she almost lost to Mala. I really would like it if Diana had a rival again m. She isn’t Zeus’s kid. She doesn’t already have her powers but only after she wins the contest

To me, the idea of Hippolyta being angry at Diana long-term just reeks of cheap drama, and it makes one of Wonder Woman's most important supporting characters one-dimensional, and robs her of her gravitas.

Having Hippolyta juggling the desires of a parent to protect and the need to let go, together with her duties as queen of the Amazons gives her a natural character arc, arguably the only one that is integral to Diana's origin story.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

In Marston’s all the Amazons are around the same level. I honestly like how Rucka did it. That Diana was around the Amazons skills until she got her gifts. I rather have it that Diana has the strength and skills of regular Amazon. I mean in Marston’s she almost lost to Mala. I really would like it if Diana had a rival again m. She isn’t Zeus’s kid. She doesn’t already have her powers but only after she wins the contest
    Sounds like the WW and Amazons canon is all over the place.

It Marston’s first writing Diana wasn’t allowed to do it and sneaks in like in Perez’s. I honestly think it’s more fair and more cool to see Diana earning the title of Wonder Woman. And that’s how she gets her powers. That she is granted them by the Gods. Or somehow the Amazons figures a way to give Diana these powers as Donna’s powers did come from the purple healing ray I think. It’s a fair fight.

If Diana competes in the contest, then she absolutely has to be on the same level as the other Amazons. Otherwise it's not a contest and her victory is cheap. Like me beating a six year old at a game of basketball, yknow?

But all of this is part of why I want Diana to be on a lower power level. Make her "MCU Captain America" powerful and let the rest of her power come from skill and her gear. In the end she'll still be just as competent as she is when she's as naturally strong as Clark, but she comes about that competence in a different way and isn't just another flying brick who can solve her problems with a lazy right hook.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.