Page 92 of 440 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 6586

China’s Wonder Woman is more powerful?

https://www.cbr.com/wonder-woman-hum...-wonder-woman/

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    Also is she going to be in cw crisis? I saw a few comic scans for research since I'm not a comic reader/expert & I seen her in many throughout the series. Does she play a major part? I didn't see her in any trailers :/. Diana should be there in my humblest opinion.
    No she won’t be.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    Also is she going to be in cw crisis? I saw a few comic scans for research since I'm not a comic reader/expert & I seen her in many throughout the series. Does she play a major part? I didn't see her in any trailers :/. Diana should be there in my humblest opinion.
    While it would be awesome to have her there, no matter the incarnation, Diana herself has simply not been mentioned as a character in the Arrowverse. Though Themyscira was shown to be real (Legends of Tomorrow).

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post

What even the hell? This article didn't even say anything.
    Between this and that stupid "10 Women Stronger than Wonder Woman" list, is CBR just out of ideas? Are people actually getting paid for this crap, 'cause give me a job and I can churn out nonsense all week.

Queer writers should be given priority over straight ones when DC chooses who should write Wonder Woman comics.

Why queer writers should be give higher priority? Shouldn’t it be more about if the writer is good?

Extraordinary Member

The Justice League of China has become a force for good in the East, combating the threats the Justice League of America might not realize are brewing across the Pacific Ocean.

Do they mean an oppressive regime that habitually stomps on human rights?
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Why queer writers should be give higher priority? Shouldn’t it be more about if the writer is good?
    Get that rational thinking out of here!
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

The bar to be considered "good" is far higher for any disadvantaged group, be it women, queer people, black people, or something else.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

But much like any thing. Just because someone is something doesn’t mean better at writing Wonder Woman. You can’t just let a group write a character because they are that group. Shouldn’t it be due to skill and not just targeting them?

Go ahead and count the number of straight white dudes having written Wonder Woman, compared to any other group. Heck, with all other groups combined.

Do you want the best writers? Then you'd better be ready to take a real hard look at your hiring practices, because right now at least 60% of the applicants are screened out before they get a chance to show their chops, or truly learn from experience.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

True. The thing is how does Dc even pick the writers? Most of the people they pick have been in industry for a while. However, none have gotten to what makes Diana. Steve understands more about Diana than Robison did. Wilson she would get it but not sure where to go to with Diana.

While I think Diana is highly skilled at diplomacy and leadership, I don't think she should be the official diplomat for Themyscira. I'd rather see another Amazon assigned that role and have the Amazons slowly reveal themselves and their society to Man's World.

I think it can be a useful, long term subplot (kind of like when Perez had the Amazons finally visit Man's World before getting set up by Circe for the War of the Gods) with different Amazons in the role as diplomatic envoy depending on what happens with them in Man's World or Themyscira. And there's some potential drama to mine there with Diana's role as royalty, a Justice League member, and superhero. And it expands the role of Amazons in the DCU - at least that's how I'm playing it in my Wonder Woman Series Bible Thingee.

I've probably posted this before, but I like my Amazons to be slightly superhuman in stature, power, and resiliency. That's all part of the fun for me in how they interact and relate to the outside world.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    Queer writers should be given priority over straight ones when DC chooses who should write Wonder Woman comics.
    Is that so WW can be cemented as pan-sexual?