Page 436 of 440 FirstFirst ... 336386426432433434435436437438439440 LastLast
Results 6,526 to 6,540 of 6590

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    It will be the sole defining version of WW in media at this rate.
    WB/DC should make more WW stuff then.

Nothing stop them.

Plus we'll see how the video game turns out. The Arkham games (lol) were pretty much BTAS for a generation. And the Injustice games were pretty much the most influential Superman story of the 2010s, more than MoS was I'd argue.

Now that I think about it, none of the past adaptations did justice to WW's lore, villains or supporting characters, so the game could really be defining for her the way BTAS was for Batman. That is if they actually use any of those things, instead of just sticking her in a generic Greek mythology setting.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Lynda Carter is the definitive version for a lot of people. DCAU as well, unfortunately. And there's also the video game.
    Yeah but Lynda doesnt really cast a shadow over the movies though. Even STAS is seen as the definitive animated version but doesnt stop Donner/Reeves from being THE Superman for films. People already use the "the audience has to have 10 years off from Gal before they'll be able to accept someone new" as a reason to justify no new WW film as fast SM/Batman.

Now that I think about it, none of the past adaptations did justice to WW's lore, villains or supporting characters, so the game could really be defining for her the way BTAS was for Batman. That is if they actually use any of those things, instead of just sticking her in a generic Greek mythology setting.
    Unfortunately...just about everyone who has adapted WW has been in love with Diana herself and thats where it stops. They could pretty much care less about her world.

Unfortunately...just about everyone who has adapted WW has been in love with Diana herself and thats where it stops. They could pretty much care less about her world.
    I wouldn't go that far. People behind Bloodlines definitely cared. And the Harley Quinn show used quite a few of her villains.

I wouldn't go that far. People behind Bloodlines definitely cared. And the Harley Quinn show used quite a few of her villains.
    Harley Quinn is a funny since...they care more about her villains but its not even a WW show. We can rarely have it all can we?

But that's still fairly small compared to all of her animated appearances and two live action adaptations.

I don't think that Lynda Carter show matters in big picture. Sure, hardcore fans care, but outside of those circles it had very limited cultural impact.

I wouldn't go that far. People behind Bloodlines definitely cared.
    Not enough to do it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I don't have much faith in Gunn's direction for DC, at least in regards to WW since I don't believe he even has plans for her but overall I think moving on from the DCEU Gadot/Jenkins version of WW is the right move.

Plus while it's great the DCEU version finally led to WW getting more recognition/surge of popularity, and I do like the first movie, I wouldn't want it to be the sole defining version of WW in media like how the Donner/Reeves movies cast a shadow over pretty much every Superman adaptation.
    We already have that problem with the Lynda Carter show. To the point WW 1984 was basically an episode of that series stretched to two hours. That show is the sole reason anyone even remembers the invisible plane.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I don't think that Lynda Carter show matters in big picture. Sure, hardcore fans care, but outside of those circles it had very limited cultural impact.
    I beg to differ, Wonder Woman 2017 was a roaring success, yet to top it they made it's sequel more like the tv show. Till this day Gal Gadot is compared to Lynda Carter. Fifty years later you could go on Max right now and still watch any episode you wanted, you can't say that for Batman '66. Heck the latest issue of the Wonder Woman comic has a spin transformation that originated with Lynda Carter. The show's impact was far greater than you're alleging.

I loved the WW show as a kid.
    As an adult...I appreciate its legacy and its place in WW history, but it's...really hard to watch. Beyond the glorious sight of Lynda Carter embodying the character, it's hard to find anything about the show that is truly solid.

Fantastic Member

Yeah but Lynda doesnt really cast a shadow over the movies though. Even STAS is seen as the definitive animated version but doesnt stop Donner/Reeves from being THE Superman for films. People already use the "the audience has to have 10 years off from Gal before they'll be able to accept someone new" as a reason to justify no new WW film as fast SM/Batman.
    I haven't seen many genuine Superman fans who consider STAS as the definitive version of the character. I see that being said only by fans of BTAS/DCAU who have a passing interest in Superman.

It is a very accessible, inoffensive Superman media because it plays too safe and gives a generic hero vs villain of the week format. But this comes at the cost of exploring Superman as a character and his relationships with Lois, Jimmy and other characters.

There is a reason why STAS is thought of as a Superman show by Batman fans and for Batman fans. It wasn't even very successful at its time, it got mediocre ratings and the creators were only relived to dump it so they could make Batman Beyond. All the praise for STAS comes because it gets lumped with the far superior BTAS and not enough people have watched it fully to set the record straight, most people only watched the teamups with Batman and maybe the Late Mr. Kent episode.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I beg to differ, Wonder Woman 2017 was a roaring success, yet to top it they made it's sequel more like the tv show. Till this day Gal Gadot is compared to Lynda Carter. Fifty years later you could go on Max right now and still watch any episode you wanted, you can't say that for Batman '66. Heck the latest issue of the Wonder Woman comic has a spin transformation that originated with Lynda Carter. The show's impact was far greater than you're alleging.
    How many people can even name one story or scene from that show? Or even one famous dialogue?

People still quote lines from Batman '66 show, they remember the villains, the iconic scenes like fighting a shark or scaling a wall get referenced to this day.

No offense to Lynda or WW or the show, but the only reason people remember this show is because they all had a crush on Lynda at the time. The main takesway from the show wasn't that Wonder Woman or her side of the world is cool. It was that Lynda Carter is very attractive. That's all there was to it.
    Last edited by Laser_Man; 03-11-2024 at 12:07 PM.

Fantastic Member

Did they really though? Yeah they cared enough to know of some stories, but not enough to give the other characters than Diana respect. Especially not her villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    How many people can even name one story or scene from that show? Or even one famous dialogue?

People still quote lines from Batman '66 show, they remember the villains, the iconic scenes like fighting a shark or scaling a wall get referenced to this day.

No offense to Lynda or WW or the show, but the only reason people remember this show is because they all had a crush on Lynda at the time. The main takesway from the show wasn't that Wonder Woman or her side of the world is cool. It was that Lynda Carter is very attractive. That's all there was to it.
    I disagree, respectfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post

The theme song and wonder spin are iconic. That's what people remember and that's enough