Page 82 of 440 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 6586

One thing I have been thinking. With how often the Amazons have been attacked. Why not have them have their buildings not be destroyed. I mean if their bracelets are unbreakable. Why not their buildings

Spectacular Member

We can make diamond bracelet, why not do the same thing for building...
    Same answer for amazon's bracelets, 8th metal is rare. Making small objects like weapons is one thing, but making building with it is completely different.

Or the bracelets are powered through the innate powers of the Amazons.

This would even work as a possible explanation for how Cheetah could break Diana's bracelets in #78: among the other impacts from Aphrodite's death, Diana lost the ability to power her bracelets.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Spectacular Member

except, it's not, it's 8th metal

maybe the Amazons should also have their own natural resources unique to them. Maybe their armor should also be made out of their own metal. At one point they did have have their own metal. So that way it’s not easy to kill them. Not impossible just harder. Even if an Amazons has her arms out it shouldn’t be easy

Well, in mythical stories magical forging methods imbue ordinary metals with powers beyond what is natural.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    One thing I have been thinking. With how often the Amazons have been attacked. Why not have them have their buildings not be destroyed. I mean if their bracelets are unbreakable. Why not their buildings
    Because Amazonium or eighth metal or whatever we're calling it now isn't as common as wood and iron. And it's almost certainly much harder to work with, especially with larger pieces.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    maybe the Amazons should also have their own natural resources unique to them. Maybe their armor should also be made out of their own metal. At one point they did have have their own metal. So that way it’s not easy to kill them. Not impossible just harder. Even if an Amazons has her arms out it shouldn’t be easy
    They still have that. It's just called eighth metal now, instead of Amazonium or whatever.

Some pages back I talked about wanting to see Diana on a lower power level, but making up the difference with skill and equipment (I have a whole long line of reasoning for this, y'all can read the originals posts in this thread). The gear I was saying I wanted Diana to have, that's eighth metal.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I have been thinking about this for a bit. What if the Amazon that is chosen to be Wonder Woman. Is wearing a special version of armor? I mean all the Amazons expect Diana is wearing metal armor. So what if the cloth is stronger than everything on Earth? I know this is going back to the whole bullet thing. But even if Diana is semi bulletproof or 100% bulletproof she isn't going to take a chance. Maybe her suit is also away she shows that. That it shouldn't be easy to destroy. Maybe it can easily repair itself

Some versions explicitly state that the armor Diana wears is unique. DCAU goes on to say it's magical armor forged by Hephaestus.

Having Diana in a superhero mode 24/7 is bad for the character. She needs a civilian identity and a job completely unrelated to fighting. A nurse or a teacher would be my top picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Having Diana in a superhero mode 24/7 is bad for the character. She needs a civilian identity and a job completely unrelated to fighting. A nurse or a teacher would be my top picks.
    She didn't have a secret identity post crisis but she wasn't a superhero 24/7 either.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I think her having a job like that doesnt make much sense. If a hero has a civilian identity it usually helps them with what they do like being a Journalist or CEO. Her being a nurse would work but she'd probably have to be an army nurse or something or maybe a combat teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthor View Post
    I think her having a job like that doesnt make much sense. If a hero has a civilian identity it usually helps them with what they do like being a Journalist or CEO. Her being a nurse would work but she'd probably have to be an army nurse or something or maybe a combat teacher.
    I think the museum gig would work well, if you want magical artifacts. Maybe moreso if it's a quirky of museum that collects seemingly random things, but really all are magical, and some defused of their dangerous natures.

Honestly I actually think maybe a defense teacher would also work. She could still die museum work. Now the thing is how do you explain her getting the papers to be Diana prince? Honestly the fact she is a immigrant would work fine. I mean paradise island could easily be a uncharted island still. So it’s hard to say where she is from.