Page 94 of 440 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 6586
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I don’t mind. The thing is for many it’s the fact Clarke and Bruce have both male and female characters. Some want at least one another male major character. I feel Steve fits right. Diana shouldn’t have a Wonder Woman family too large.

Unless she and Steve had kids. One for each of them. Girl and boys
    Batman was like Boys only club for a while back in the Golden age and stuff, but as the readers grew up, they realised it was such a sausage fest... lol And some said Batman and Robin was gay 'cause there was no girl characters. I don't think it would be a big problem today, but back then gays were considered as not appropriate by the majority of the American societity so DC brought in Batwoman and Batgirl. Same wouldn't be a problem with Wonder Woman, i believe. There is even a demand to make her lesbian actually and historicly Amazons is girls only club, no boys allowed, they had enough of the boys... lol

Unless they wanted children. Or were helping. Diana and even many Amazons won’t lesbian. I mean bi is one thing but her being lesbian is another. For the most part people like Hunter

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

I don’t mind. The thing is for many it’s the fact Clarke and Bruce have both male and female characters. Some want at least one another male major character. I feel Steve fits right. Diana shouldn’t have a Wonder Woman family too large.

Unless she and Steve had kids. One for each of them. Girl and boys
    I feel this is the reason why Batman and Superman have a larger footprint then Wonder-woman. Wonder-woman is seen as almost exclusively a female focused franchise. Historically Batman and Superman were seen as male focused but that really isn’t the case anymore. Bats and Sups pretty much tossed convention and decided we’re going to go after both sexes. Wonder Woman never did that. Batman has Batgirl, Batwoman, Bird’s of Prey, Harleyquinn just to name few. Superman has both Lois Lain and Supergirl. Even Spider-Man is getting into the “going after both sexes” game to much success. They understand that appealing to multiple demographics actually widens the appeal of the primary character rather then diminishes it.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    I feel this is the reason why Batman and Superman have a larger footprint then Wonder-woman. Wonder-woman is seen as almost exclusively a female focused franchise. Historically Batman and Superman were seen as male focused but that really isn’t the case anymore. Bats and Sups pretty much tossed convention and decided we’re going to go after both sexes. Wonder Woman never did that. Batman has Batgirl, Batwoman, Bird’s of Prey, Harleyquinn just to name few. Superman has both Lois Lain and Supergirl. Even Spider-Man is getting into the “going after both sexes” game to much success. They understand that appealing to multiple demographics actually widens the appeal of the primary character rather then diminishes it.
    Batman and Superman are still largely male-focused franchises. They'll toss female readers a bone every once in a while but the focus is and always will be on males. Wonder Woman doesn't need to appeal to males when most superhero comics are already doing that. Superman and Batman got a larger footprint because DC allowed them to. They've had multiple movies, t.v. shows and (in Batman's case any way) video games. The last time WW had a live action adaptation before the movie was the Lynda Carter show in the 70s.

Besides, it's not like Wonder Woman has been lacking in male characters.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 11-23-2019 at 09:14 AM.

Unless they wanted children. Or were helping. Diana and even many Amazons won’t lesbian. I mean bi is one thing but her being lesbian is another. For the most part people like Hunter
    I know I do. They keep trying to force a male member of the family on us that fits well with Wonder Woman. The opposite direction is the way to go to appeal to a new demographic and create conflict. Instead of softer and gentler guys like Achilles and Jason, Wonder Woman needs her own Wolverine.

Jason and Achilles were soft and gentle?

Also, while female, I thought Artemis fit the Wolverine role.

I mean all the male characters generally all the gods. We really don’t have that many male characters other than her villains. I feel that Steve and maybe one other male should due. Anyone can think of one other male character. Other than Jason? I would add Hunter. Jason I feel put majority of fans off guard. I get he is mad that his own mother abandoned him. I would like the idea more is that Hippolyta kept Jason. I mean Hippolyta. In many runs Amazons have hidden stuff from the gods before. If Jason has to be part of the main or supporting cast. Hippolyta adopted him. Jason was mixed with Azz sex pirates pirates. I would honest would have made that all things a small group of crazy Amazons. It wouldn’t be the first time.

Spectacular Member

I would prefer to see Jason again if there is a need for an other male character instead of a new one created from zero. At least he already has a background and will probably not eclipse Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Jason and Achilles were soft and gentle?

Also, while female, I thought Artemis fit the Wolverine role.
    Artemis is a kick ass woman in a franchise that features kick ass women. Can you picture Wolverine riding his own flying elephant named Mysia while carrying his magic stick Polly?

I mean all the male characters generally all the gods. We really don’t have that many male characters other than her villains. I feel that Steve and maybe one other male should due. Anyone can think of one other male character. Other than Jason? I would add Hunter. Jason I feel put majority of fans off guard. I get he is mad that his own mother abandoned him. I would like the idea more is that Hippolyta kept Jason. I mean Hippolyta. In many runs Amazons have hidden stuff from the gods before. If Jason has to be part of the main or supporting cast. Hippolyta adopted him. Jason was mixed with Azz sex pirates pirates. I would honest would have made that all things a small group of crazy Amazons. It wouldn’t be the first time.
    I agree with Mizuno. Furthermore, if there wasn't a problem with male supporting and recurring characters in WW, we would not be having so many conversations about it.

When I see WW writers take a heroic Hercules, forgiven by Hippolyta in the Perez run - having fought beside the Amazon in WOGs - and turn him into a villain, for no reason at all, ..sure looks problematic to me. Why John Byrne couldn't present Hercules, as a heroic ally for Diana, without the grossly underwhelming 'Harold Campion' twist, I will never know, because he was such a DUMB villain...dumber, as Circes lover, in a later run. Couldn't these writers let one heroic supporting character ..just be that?

Anyway, ..it just seems like the only willful, independent, powerful males, who are tolerated in WW, are cringing eunuchs, like Jason and Steve, and I have never liked that. Orion, Lennox, Champion and Mike Schorr may not have been immediately popular, for exactly that reason. It's unfortunate that some editor didn't champion keeping these characters in the comic, just to offer some diversity of male types...

The type of man sorely lacking in the comic, today.

Ultimately, playing Diana against men AND women, who challenge her - even ones, disliked by her - force writers to define her, as a character. Against Artemis and Orion, Diana's personality is stronger, more dynamic...not less. I think her interactions with the male supporting characters will be most improved, by this. Could this attract new male and female readers? Maybe - don't know, because the comic hasn't tried to do this, yet.

Am I suggesting that editors ignore us, while they try this out? Absolutely! Every challenging male, who pops up in WW, gets attacked by fans. Every one! Let us grumble and threaten to drop the comic, for awhile, while some challenging, new, male companion makes the comic interesting - then, let's see what the sales look like.

Prince Jason, for all of his 'Olympian' power, wound up being Steve-with-superpowers...one more agreeable eunuch. In case anyone here has forgotten, ..creator James Robinson wasn't even moved to give Jason a proper superhero codename. As a boy, I would have begged for the action figure, but, even I have to admit that Prince Jay was a stoneless bore.

Brian Azzarello's Orion was an APE. Initially, I hated this portrayal of the character, ..but ultimately loved how his 'holery made Diana, a stronger, deeper character! Their scene on Supertown (or New Genesis) was the best scene, ever written for Wonder Woman and a man...ANY man!

Right now, I think the WW comic definitely has a problem with writing men. Going forward, I think the comic needs an anti-Steve! It needs an ornery, independent, bull-headed, disagreeable chap, who admires and respects Wonder Woman, ..but isn't afraid to take risks, make HUGE mistakes and doesn't take any guff from her, when he does. Basically, in addition to Steve, I think the WW comic needs another man, like Orion or Byrne's Champion, whose decidedly contrary qualities (1) clash with Diana's and (2) contrast with Steve's, in a way that makes all of the concerned characters feel more dynamic and better defined.

More interesting, I think.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 11-23-2019 at 03:14 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Boisterously Confused

It's an outside the box thought, but what if Guardian and The Newsboy (News Kid?) Legion were imported into WW's title? It's not exactly a mentor-protege relationship, but it could work organically if Diana took an interest in the Newsies Legion's welfare.

I can’t take Jason seriously until Wonder Woman is treated with respect. Not only that but with how they have treated Hippolyta why should we respect her? She has multiple times never followed the Gods 100% of the times. With Jason I rather have it be he is adopted. I would like Diana and Nubia are blood siblings and Donna and Jason are adopted

I can’t take Jason seriously until Wonder Woman is treated with respect. Not only that but with how they have treated Hippolyta why should we respect her? She has multiple times never followed the Gods 100% of the times. With Jason I rather have it be he is adopted. I would like Diana and Nubia are blood siblings and Donna and Jason are adopted
    The arguments for writing Jason out of the comic haven't been very compelling.

Any WW writer could ditch his silly uniform, de-power him to Troy's levels, settle him in an obscure town and ignore him. He could exist almost entirely outside of the WW comic, like Donna, Artemis and Cassie, without any impact on anything happening in WW. He could become hugely successful, outside the comic, appearing in other comics...accruing a fanbase, independent of Wonder Woman's! There's no sensible reason to junk this character, since he probably won't even be a regular on the comic.

If I can live with a universe that includes Superboy's Girlfriend, impossibly perfect, Barbie-Cassie, I think my fellow WW fans should be able to tolerate a heroic Hercules or Prince Jason.

On the subject of the WW comics General problem with writing men, I prescribe the addition of another supporting male. This one need not be a rival for Diana's love, but should be dramatically unlike Steve ..and, I think, a challenge to BOTH. This would provide a hard platform to smash Steve's and Diana's typically dull, unchanging personalities against, ..until the safe, boring plastic cracks off...

Maybe, revealing something interesting underneath.

To get there, however, we must introduce something uniquely and consistently disruptive and unsafe into the narrative...the anti-Steve that I suggested. The stoneless status quo, pairing Diana with agreeable eunuchs, just promises more of the same...

Boredom.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 11-23-2019 at 04:56 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    It needs an ornery, independent, bull-headed, disagreeable chap, who admires and respects Wonder Woman, ..but isn't afraid to take risks, make HUGE mistakes and doesn't take any guff from her, when he does. Basically, in addition to Steve, I think the WW comic needs another man, like Orion or Byrne's Champion, whose decidedly contrary qualities (1) clash with Diana's and (2) contrast with Steve's, in a way that makes all of the concerned characters feel more dynamic and better defined.

More interesting, I think.
    I agree, and you've just described Hunter Prince. Besides out of all the male counterparts to Diana, he has the coolest design.

Hunter-Prince.jpg

Hunter_Prince_(Legacy).jpg

He even has someone cosplaying him. That shows respect, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Hunter cosplay.jpg

Writers and we in the Wonder Woman fandom should embrace him.

The main reason for getting rid of Jason because of how he was s has written and the fact it was becoming his book. Not only that but he was a leftover from new 52. Once again the major issues your forgetting is Hippolyta abandoned him. You can’t get over that writing. I hate that it makes her weak and almost helpless

I can only accept him if he wasn’t the blood sister of Diana l. If they are playing with Hippolyta being an affair with than I can’t accept him. I reject Zeus needs to be the reason for Diana’s powers. That Hippolyta wouldn’t go for Zeus in any other run why now? I||

Another thing is for everything I still like Diana enjoying herself when she isn't Wonder Woman. Do have to wonder should she be using Diana Prince for certain things. I mean we see how it doesn't work well. Nessie and a few others do get hurt. They should know she is Wonder Woman. But others shouldn't. The press doesn't know where Diana lives or her friends that aren't the JL. I mean Cheetah or others can easily kill them. Diana might not have too many friends who aren't the miltary , true. BUt it's still something to think about. I really don't think her only friends should be people in the military.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 11-23-2019 at 09:09 PM.