Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
We need a lot more Wonder concepts brought to the forefront to deepen her mythology and explore more of her world and tackle important themes. I don't need these to be parallels to the spaces and places that Superman and Batman operate, but they're there and they'd invariably help in fleshing out characters and stories in the Wonder world:

Metropolis is to Gotham is to [REDACTED] - Diana needs her own fictional city that reflects part of her nature. (I've settled on my idea for that city and it's name.)

Wayne Manor is to Smallville is to Themyscira. It's home and where their Bildungsroman tales began.

The Batcave is to the Fortress of Solitude is to ???. Where's Diana's unique space, that's all her own an reflects her Wonder-ness.

The Past is to Krypton is Themyscira, or perhaps Olympus. This one is a bit tricky, depending on how you approach Diana, but I'd argue that Bruce Wayne can never get his parents back, Superman can never get his home world back, and Diana is an Amazon outlier for choosing to leave paradise and giving up her immortality (again, depending on which version you choose.) But, I'd make the case that thematically she's giving up parts of her family and community for undertaking the role and responsibilities of Wonder Woman. (The "you can never go home again" theme.)

Blackgate Prison and Arkham Asylum is to Striker's Island and the Phantom Zone is to Transformation Island and Doom's Doorway. TI is such a wildly different approach to criminal incarceration and reform, that it boggles my mind that no one has thought to bring this back and use it. I mean, juxtaposed to Arkham, it's such an interesting concept to develop.

WayneTech is to STARLabs and Cadmus is to ARGUS. I've said it before (and I'll keep saying it) that ARGUS is perfectly suited for Diana and her history. A quasi military and peacekeeping force tasked with researching and collecting magical, mystical, technological, alien, etc. artifacts and bringing those who'd use the nature of the DCU for evil to justice. It plays nicely to her history as an intelligence officer, her mythological background, her intelligence and problem-solving skills, her status as an action-adventure hero, her integrity at keeping shadowy government agencies at bay, etc.

WayneTech is to the Daily Planet is to Holliday University. Alongside ARGUS, Diana Prince needs a day job. She'd be perfect as a guest lecturer at Holliday University and speaker/restorer at [REDACTED] City's museums of art and antiquities - run by Helena Sandsmark of course.

The League of Shadows/Assassins and Leviathan is to The 100/Superman Revenge Squad is to Villainy Inc., the Academy of Arch-Villains, Godwatch, etc. The most collectively villainous group we've gotten in the modern age is Godwatch, with a side of Villainy Inc. in the Jimenez run. Not that The 100 or SRS have shown up a lot, but it's incredibly frustrating that we haven't seen groups of Wonder foes band together, build relationships with one another, and tear each other apart. It's exciting when a writer taps into the interpersonal relationships of villains. We need more of that.

I could go on and on about the invisible jet and Catwoman and Lois Lane and the Batfamily and Superfam, but that's enough for now. You get the point.

I swear if I could be the editor for a Wonder office and was given two great writers, artists, pencilists, colorists, etc., and two bimonthly titles, I could revolutionize the World of Wonder with added depth and meaningful places and spaces to explore Wonder Woman as a character. Call me DC!
That seems to be exactly how you're portraying them though.

I also don't get this idea that Diana shouldn't be allowed back to Themyscira since the point of the character is reuniting the Amazon world with Man's World. She isn't Superman or Batman so why does she have to lose her family to gain a new one?