Page 173 of 440 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183223273 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 6586
    Extraordinary Member

Big power levels mean nothing, and should never take priority over thematic concerns.

Also, when I say Diana is just like the other Amazons, what I mean is that her powers are gained through her actions rather than being connected to her birth.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Big power levels mean nothing, and should never take priority over thematic concerns.

Also, when I say Diana is just like the other Amazons, what I mean is that her powers are gained through her actions rather than being connected to her birth.
    There is one strength with having Diana's powers at least partly be connected with her birth, and it was made explicit by Pérez in "Legacy" (Wonder Woman v2 #45) where he explicitly connected Diana with a feminst reimagining of the Pandora myth.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Because one of the key concepts of the original Wonder Woman run was that any woman could be Wonder Woman. So tying Diana's powers to her heritage goes against that.
    Good point, we often forget! Being a 'Wonder' shouldn't be about being Amazon royalty ..or even a blood Amazon. While I prefer my Amazons, immortal, ..it's the Amazon training (ethics, martial skill, spirituality, physical culture, etc) that should determine who excels, and who does not.

When Wonder Woman gets in a jam, she mental radioes Etta Candy and her Amazon sisters, and NOT the Batman or the JLA. She knows Etta will open up the proverbial can of apocalyptic whup'azz to help her, ..as would any immortal Amazon. She also knows that Etta and the other Amazons will follow her lead, spiritually, ..as much as martially - the Amazon code. In the end, that is what being an Amazon is all about.

A Wonder Boy could be a boy, who fights against oppression, in a war-torn country, ..in the spirit of love for freedom and justice. Such a boy might even love his enemy, so much that he weeps for a tyrant's loss of compassion and humanity, ..as he marches into an unwinnable fight. Maybe, he goes into that battle, with all of the odds against, but is struck down, even killed, ..then, like the Amazons, mystically resurrected, as a Wonder - with all of the powers and a uniform! Could that be country be Mexico, El Salvador, China or somewhere in Southwest Asia (Mi. East) - the hero, not a blood Amazon ..or even a woman, at all? Of course, they could...?

Or should.

I think that 'Wonder way' is what was missing from Prince Jason's story - Jason inheriting the power, simply because he's Diana's twin. Whether we realize it or not, that missing Wonder-standard, which separates Diana from the other superheroes, ..was a big part of why so many rejected Jason, as a Wonder.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 07-04-2020 at 05:52 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by AtheistInRed View Post
    Lmao, even newer characters are able to beat DCs heavy hitters now.
    You're saying that as if this is new. This was going on long before the New 52.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    You're saying that as if this is new. This was going on long before the New 52.
    Yeah!! Heroes like WW or SM supposedly so powerful and skilled fighters, get their butts kicked regularly by most villains!! They mostly win by getting a lot of help or a lucky break!! Their supposed to be these great fighters but their not, that is just lip service!! The heroes serve as basically punching bags for the villains in the stories!!
    Last edited by lotchj; 07-06-2020 at 02:11 AM.

Should the Island be opened to all the world?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Should the Island be opened to all the world?
    Yes it should.

Astonishing Member

If Wonder Woman has a kid, it should be a son instead of a daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    If Wonder Woman has a kid, it should be a son instead of a daughter.
    Currently I'd be against giving Wonder Woman a child since it'd probably just end up like another Donna/Cassie situation where there ends up being little interaction/relationship with the character they're meant to be tied to. A boy would also just likely turn into another Jason scenario where they end up dominating the book and at worst also turns into another opportunity for lesser writers to makes the Amazons massive misandrists

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Currently I'd be against giving Wonder Woman a child since it'd probably just end up like another Donna/Cassie situation where there ends up being little interaction/relationship with the character they're meant to be tied to. A boy would also just likely turn into another Jason scenario where they end up dominating the book and at worst also turns into another opportunity for lesser writers to makes the Amazons massive misandrists
    Yeah, Diana having any kid is a bad idea considering the lack of stability her comic has. The Amazons have seemingly turned over a new leaf, but who knows how long that will last.

I wouldn’t mind if we had Fury and Hunter has twins. I also think to should be a elsewhere story

Extraordinary Member

DC must choose one as Diana’s twin: Nubia or Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    DC must choose one as Diana’s twin: Nubia or Jason.
    Does Nubia even exist in current continuity? I don’t think she does, or at the very least not as Diana’s “sister”.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Does Nubia even exist in current continuity? I don’t think she does, or at the very least not as Diana’s “sister”.
    Nubia was in today's issue and has had cameos throughout the current run.

I would rather have Nubia. She and Diana were created by Hippolyta and Phillpphus. Donna being saved doing a shipwrecked