Page 33 of 440 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast

Diana would make more sense to be Tactician and strategic at times has well. She grow being around warriors

Here's a controversial opinion...

Let WW writers/editors ignore the Titans story that makes Donna Troy the Macbeth of the Wonderverse and restore, in the pages of the WW comic, some variation of the rescued-mortal-Donna story. As Paradise Island exists somewhere between time and space, Diana might have rescued her from anywhere in history...any continent, any culture, making it unnecessary to elaborate on her background, before the rescue.

She could be a girl from ancient Greece, Dark Ages Britain, colonial America, medieval Spain ..or Italy. She could be from anywhere!
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 05-23-2019 at 04:21 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

I never got Diana's need to take Donna immediately to Paradise instead of the cops. I honestly would have Diana maybe older like 8 or 12 in which Donna was recused from a shipwrecked

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I never got Diana's need to take Donna immediately to Paradise instead of the cops. I honestly would have Diana maybe older like 8 or 12 in which Donna was recused from a shipwrecked
    Well...if Donna was rescued from some remote place in time - a burning ship, sinking into the sea - it wouldn't matter how chronologically old she was, when the Amazons brought her to Paradise Island. Furthermore, the Amazons would be the only family she knew, and that is how it used to be...

Should be, maybe.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 05-23-2019 at 07:21 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    The best and most unique personal role conflict for Diana would be for her to juggle her role as the spokesperson for the superhero community with her political role as Themyscira's messenger and envoy to Man's World.

Basically, the drama of maintaining a secret identity has been done to death, but here she has an intrinsic conflict that no other superhero can match. As active 24/7, high-profile, and trained in rhetorics, Diana is uniquely placed as the public face of not only the Justice League but the entire superhero community. But she is also in Man's World with a clear political and moral mission.

Potential openings for drame are that Diana wants to push her political agendas, but gets pushback from the other superheroes not only because they don't agree, but because it makes the public think all superheroes are SJWs. Or the Justice League wants Diana to defend some action that she didn't agree on.
    I'm a fan of the Diana Prince identity, but I love the conundrum you've posed here about Diana's leadership role and influence in the superhero and civilian spheres.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I want to see this city! Ar-rrg! Sounds exciting!

I, too, would like to see her get one, because it's a DC thing for the most famous characters. I think she rates her own iconic city.
    I obviously agree. When I get all my ideas and strategy down for Diana, I'm thinking of creating one of those DC-styled secret files that debuts her city, her main support characters, what's all in the area, new characters I've developed, and her infamous adversaries - if I can find an artist that will work on it and captures/adds to the vibe I'm imagining.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I'm a fan of the Diana Prince identity, but I love the conundrum you've posed here about Diana's leadership role and influence in the superhero and civilian spheres.
    Note that you can still do this while keeping the Diana Prince identity around, though her role as the spokesperson for the superhero community isn't as natural as it would be otherwise.

Though I imagine the worst problem, from a narrative standpoint, would still be to convince the writers to dig into Diana's political and ideological aspects, and do it well.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Though I imagine the worst problem, from a narrative standpoint, would still be to convince the writers to dig into Diana's political and ideological aspects, and do it well.
    QFT. It's a shame they (editorial and writers) want to avoid who she is at her core.

I obviously agree. When I get all my ideas and strategy down for Diana, I'm thinking of creating one of those DC-styled secret files that debuts her city, her main support characters, what's all in the area, new characters I've developed, and her infamous adversaries - if I can find an artist that will work on it and captures/adds to the vibe I'm imagining.
    Making Donna a mortal girl, who was rescued out of some space-time anomaly would make writers' constant timeline adjustments, unnecessary. It's a pretty sweet, narrative fix.

but it's incredibly frustrating that we haven't seen groups of Wonder foes band together, build relationships with one another, and tear each other apart. It's exciting when a writer taps into the interpersonal relationships of villains. We need more of that.
    I love rogue vs rogue stories. I've wanted to see a throw down between Deva and Grail for years. I just makes sense in terms of what they are to me. Grail hates anyone associated with the old gods.
    Well...if Donna was rescued from some remote place in time - a burning ship, sinking into the sea - it wouldn't matter how chronologically old she was, when the Amazons brought her to Paradise Island. Furthermore, the Amazons would be the only family she knew, and that is how it used to be...

Should be, maybe.
    OR... "my patron deity said so". IE, Athena or whoever whispered in Diana's ear that Donna is special and tells her Donna is special and to bring Donna to Themiscyra.

You could then do the daughter of Rhea angle, or whatever after that. It's easy to give WW weird reasons for doing stuff when she has a patron goddess whispering in her ear on special occasions.

Making Donna a mortal girl, who was rescued out of some space-time anomaly would make writers' constant timeline adjustments, unnecessary. It's a pretty sweet, narrative fix.
    That's an interesting idea and concept.

My telling of her tale just took her back to her Pre-Crisis origin that aligns her with the other Teen Titans of her time and coming from the modern day Man's World. And that's somewhat important in my POV of her growing up with the Amazons and obtaining her powers.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I love rogue vs rogue stories. I've wanted to see a throw down between Deva and Grail for years. I just makes sense in terms of what they are to me. Grail hates anyone associated with the old gods.OR... "my patron deity said so". IE, Athena or whoever whispered in Diana's ear that Donna is special and tells her Donna is special and to bring Donna to Themiscyra.

You could then do the daughter of Rhea angle, or whatever after that. It's easy to give WW weird reasons for doing stuff when she has a patron goddess whispering in her ear on special occasions.
    I feel the same way - it's awesome and adds a richness when rogues start building relationships of their own.

I like the take of having Donna be a "normal" Earth girl who received Amazon training. That leaves an opening for Cassie to have a mystical origin but no training. Gives both of them a connection to Diana, while still leaving them distinct, and makes them emphasise different elements of Diana's power set.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

I like the take of having Donna be a "normal" Earth girl who received Amazon training. That leaves an opening for Cassie to have a mystical origin but no training. Gives both of them a connection to Diana, while still leaving them distinct, and makes them emphasise different elements of Diana's power set.
    Having multiple protégés with different origins for each works quite well, Just ask Batman, he has a small army of them nowadays. And all of Batman's are Humans, so it doesn't have to be a drastically different origin.

All-New Member

I like the concept of Wonder Woman's bracelet power restraint form the New 52 story line. I just don't like how it was executed.

I don't mind Wonder Woman having a biological father as part of her origin. I find both Donna and Cassandra pretty boring.

I find it weird when people talk about there not being an "Asian" superhero or any major "Asian" actresses leading Hollywood Superhero movies when Gal Gadot is from Israel, a country that is considered to be part of "Asia" (West Asia to be specific) but people would get so pissed off if you call Gal "Asian".

And the Western world usually defines an "Asian" person and "looking" Asian only if you're from Southeast/East Asia or South Asian if you're from UK. But I was taught growing up that Asia is a giant continent and that not everyone in Africa looks "black" or that Europe isn't 100% pale and blonde hair/blue eyed.. but some double standards arise when it comes to who looks and is considered to be "Asian" and no one really bats an eye at that.
    Last edited by Rogue; 05-26-2019 at 09:57 PM.