Page 102 of 438 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 6569

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    That is so incredibly creepy. They are being destroyed/killed so they can host his soul. Yech. And we already kinda did that once. Really, the only moral thing to do would be to destroy the tree so more innocent men don't die.
    Greek mythology bay bee. And I was thinking it'd be more like the Trill. Every new body is different, and each one presents Diana with a new opportunity to fall in love.

Also, does fruit only grow after the old "Steve" dies? Or can we have 2 or 5 or 20 Steves at a time?
    Maybe! I got too many Wonder Woman ideas and not all of them are fully baked.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 12-13-2019 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Greek mythology bay bee. And I was thinking it'd be more like the Trill. Every new body is different, and each one presents Diana with a new opportunity to fall in love.
    I'm familiar with Trill (long time since I watched, though). But then, they aren't Steve. There's something left of Steve, but it's not the same person. And it becomes kind of unhealthy for Diana in that context. Wasn't there some kind of rule that Trill couldn't continue old lives?

Also, you used souls not symbiotes. So would these men have two souls now? Or their existing soul leave them for some other place? Or did they never have souls before? If not, why do some people have souls and some not? There are theological questions here.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 12-13-2019 at 03:17 PM.

I'm familiar with Trill (long time since I watched, though). But then, they aren't Steve. There's something left of Steve, but it's not the same person.
    Yep. Super creepy. Two souls, one body, until they eventually merge.

And it becomes kind of unhealthy for Diana in that context.
    Maybe. Love isn't always easy or clear.

Wasn't there some kind of rule that Trill couldn't continue old lives?
    Yeah it was a cultural thing. This is a demigoddess and a super-soldier in a never-ending tragic love story.

It's half-baked man. I like the tentpoles of the idea, and the challenges it gives our heroine.

Maybe! I got too many Wonder Woman ideas and not all of them are fully baked.
    Just because that is something that could happen in Greek mythology doesn't mean Diana should be okay with it. It stops being love and becomes obsession.

Story ideas like this make me think Diana should have moved on from Steve a long time ago.

Also, remember how I said that Steve got a better treatment than most of Diana's supporting cast in adaptations? Take a look at how the Kapatelis women were treated in Bloodlines. Their first adaptation and it's one where Julia dies and Vanessa becomes a villain.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Also, remember how I said that Steve got a better treatment than most of Diana's supporting cast in adaptations? Take a look at how the Kapatelis women were treated in Bloodlines. Their first adaptation and it's one where Julia dies and Vanessa becomes a villain.
    Honest question...why is this bad? While Julia was used as a plot device for mostly Vaness and Cale, I thought Vanessa got a pretty good character arc. I felt nothing for the character at first, and ended the movie hoping Vanessa could be a part of the supporting cast moving forward. I thought the movie did a pretty good job with her. Why does her temporarily being a villain mean that she was not treated well? (I'd argue she was treated better than Cheetah in that movie).

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Honest question...why is this bad? While Julia was used as a plot device for mostly Vaness and Cale, I thought Vanessa got a pretty good character arc. I felt nothing for the character at first, and ended the movie hoping Vanessa could be a part of the supporting cast moving forward. I thought the movie did a pretty good job with her. Why does her temporarily being a villain mean that she was not treated well? (I'd argue she was treated better than Cheetah in that movie).
    Because Vanessa and Julia had other stories besides that and the one in which Vanessa became a villain was after years of her being a supporting character and friend to Diana. If the first WW live action movie had Steve as a villain and ended with him dead without the possibility of return I'd imagine his fans would have similar complaints. And considering how little of post crisis WW history is acknowledged in adaptations, Vanessa doesn't have much of a chance in showing up in later adaptations compared to Steve who tends to be the only WW supporting character casuals will be familiar with.

This is why I included both Steve Trevor and Tom Tressor in my post on the Supporting Cast thread. Because their appearance, last names and jobs at government organizations are so similar I have an idea that they're related somehow and both are in love with Wonder Woman. They could be twins separated at birth, or Nemesis used his image inducer's power to impersonate Steve and got stuck in his form and his mind was wiped or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It stops being love and becomes obsession.
    Well... I guess the important bit I didn’t mention is that the tree is kept at the Pentagon, and it’s not Diana exploiting underworld magic, it’s the arcane weapons division.

I want creepy magic and weird fantasy crap all over the place in Wonder Woman stories. We have very different tastes.

Spectacular Member

I want creepy magic and weird fantasy crap all over the place in Wonder Woman stories. We have very different tastes.
    There is Justice league dark for that. Lots of creepy magic. No need to have it everywhere. DC is a universe so if you want something that is not in a book, there is always an other one.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Julia getting fridged is pretty bad, but yeah, Vanessa does get to be the second most important character in the movie. At least she got a second chance at the end.

Speaking of Cheetah, I'd rather the Kapatelis women have been absent entirely so Barbara Ann could have her Rebirth arc represented in a DTV. As it is she was a glorified grunt who was only in it for 3 minutes. It also could have spared Julia for another story

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Julia getting fridged is pretty bad, but yeah, Vanessa does get to be the second most important character in the movie. At least she got a second chance at the end.

Speaking of Cheetah, I'd rather the Kapatelis women have been absent entirely so Barbara Ann could have her Rebirth arc represented in a DTV. As it is she was a glorified grunt who was only in it for 3 minutes. It also could have spared Julia for another story
    Unless it furthered the story of a male protaganist, Julia wasn't fridged

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Oh yeah, that's true. Still sucks though

Kind of a waste of Julia, it rushes Vanessa's arc in a way that doesn't work like it did in the comics, and Barbara Minerva doesn't get her new origin represented in the first WW DTV we've had in a while. And if I have to choose between which one she meets when she first arrives in Man's World, I'm prioritizing Barbara every time. Julia and Vanessa can come later

I definitely want more villains who do their homework on Wonder Woman before she shows up. There should not be so much gunfire used against her.

If there is one thing I would like to see again it's Hera's redemption . I might have liked all of Azz's run but I loved that

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    And honestly, these are the most interesting things I've ever seen regarding the Kapatelis'.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.