Page 103 of 440 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 6590

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Well... I guess the important bit I didn’t mention is that the tree is kept at the Pentagon, and it’s not Diana exploiting underworld magic, it’s the arcane weapons division.

I want creepy magic and weird fantasy crap all over the place in Wonder Woman stories. We have very different tastes.
    I like the idea of the fruit not maturing until it's fed a soul. This way it's more like magic cloning.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Unless it furthered the story of a male protaganist, Julia wasn't fridged
    I personally like to define "fridged" in the context of romantic partners instead of just male heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I personally like to define "fridged" in the context of romantic partners instead of just male heroes.
    Doing so, though, devalues the entire point behind Women in Refrigerators which is to highlight how women's stories often end simply to further the stories of men. If you expand that to 'romantic partners', it sort of misses the point.

So it seems all the major heroes will get their own black labels

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/12...edium=facebook
    But in the meantime, the adventures of Bruce Wayne, Clark Kent, Diana etc will continue in a line of books half-way between the Walmart Giant books and the Black Label line, outside of current DC Continuity but in their own shared continuity line. But the others will all be their respective heroes on Earth-5G, which can always be revisited…

Wonder if some of the black labels for Diana like Historia will be connected.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    So it seems all the major heroes will get their own black labels
    I'm not sure if I buy that rumor. It seems like very backwards thinking to me. I mean, DC is gonna take the direct market, known for aging fans who resist change of any kind, and shift their entire line to feature replacements no one asked for, but the smaller imprints that tend to do better beyond the LCS will be the books featuring the classic versions?

Shouldn't that be reversed? Wouldn't a Ink/Zoom/whatever it is now OGN about the son of Superman have better odds of doing well than replacing Clark in the direct market?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Superman and Wonder Woman make better co-mentors to younger heroes than some power couple.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Superman and Wonder Woman make better co-mentors to younger heroes than some power couple.
    Superman is a good mentor. Wonder Woman hasn't been a good mentor to anyone in years.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Superman is a good mentor. Wonder Woman hasn't been a good mentor to anyone in years.
    Superman wasn't really mentoring anybody until Jon showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Superman wasn't really mentoring anybody until Jon showed up.
    Nope. The occasional speech or "good job, here's a pat on the back!" does not equate mentoring. Clark *supported* younger heroes but wasn't nearly actively involved enough to be considered a mentor to any of them.

He's mentored Jon, but that's it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Nope. The occasional speech or "good job, here's a pat on the back!" does not equate mentoring. Clark *supported* younger heroes but wasn't nearly actively involved enough to be considered a mentor to any of them.

He's mentored Jon, but that's it.
    Sorry, but are you agreeing or disagreeing with me?

I think I agree that Superman's significant mentoring began with Jon. Well, Chris' was kind of aborted. But I haven't read much early Supergirl, so there could be some there. Clark was kind of a mentor to young Jimmy in the radio show, but that wasn't as Superman, and Jimmy wasn't a hero. He definitely wasn't a mentor figure to Kon originally (nor would I have wanted him to be).

I actually don't consider Diana a mentor to other heroes at all. She didn't mentor Donna in anything I read (certainly haven't read everything she's in) and it wouldn't have been logical with her backstory, anyway. I thought Artemis as more the mentor to Cassie, but that's era-dependent. Vanessa was a young friend, but I would not have classified the relationship as mentor/studentish, and she wasn't a hero. Likewise, she definitely did some teaching of young women in the golden age, but they were adults, and were not heroes. Well, not costumed heroes - they did still kick Nazi butt.

Still have no interest at all in Diana and Clark as couple, even though I also don't care to see them as co-mentors and really see no reason they'd mentor together even if they mentored. Nor do I care about them mentoring at all, save Clark with Chris and Jon. I mean, I'm not against it, but it's nothing I have any particular desire to see. Donna has outgrown needing to be mentored. Cassie should be at that place, too (if DC would let that gen grow up), and I don't really care to see a new young Wonder-hero show up for a while. Mentoring outside the family could theoretically happen, but isn't the usual route.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 12-21-2019 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I so agree. And we so rarely get that with either of them. I value her time as League leader because it was one of the few times we see her bring the Amazon philosophy of the pursuit of continuous improvement to her fellow Leaguers. Sure, we see her spar and train with Supes and Bats every now and again but the Jurgens had her actively taking baselines of her peers powers and skills and setting milestones in a formal improvement programme. He's the only one who did anything like that to my knowledge

Spectacular Member

I feel like anybody outside of Wonder Woman and the Wonder verse is boring I could care less about Cassie and Donna. Donna is kind of cool but I really don't know a lot about her. when I was growing up I just seen her and I didn't get a chance to really get into her because she was always in the background. and then i recently seen cassie is Wonder Girl I was like why?? I don't know, I just don't care about them. Diana is queen.
    Last edited by Mysterious; 12-21-2019 at 09:06 PM.

Diana taught Cassie to be a superhero. Artemis taught Cassie to be an Amazon.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'm not sure if I buy that rumor. It seems like very backwards thinking to me. I mean, DC is gonna take the direct market, known for aging fans who resist change of any kind, and shift their entire line to feature replacements no one asked for, but the smaller imprints that tend to do better beyond the LCS will be the books featuring the classic versions?

Shouldn't that be reversed? Wouldn't a Ink/Zoom/whatever it is now OGN about the son of Superman have better odds of doing well than replacing Clark in the direct market?
    , it was more or less confirmed they will be more on Black Labels.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/11...d-black-label/

DC thanks to Dan doesn't really know what to do. Most of what sells is more of their classical stuff. Even with some of the younger fans. Dan is angry no one liked New 52.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 12-22-2019 at 05:32 PM.

the problem with new 52 was the way it basically dumped continuity into a trash can. :/ Lots of characters basically got erased from existence.