Page 106 of 440 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 6590
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Obviously.

Ha! Love it!
    And Tom King originally had planned for Selina to die licking envelopes for wedding invitations, but decided against it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    And actually no, the spin has been comics canon too.

Attachment 90991

Attachment 90992
    Not to mention several cartoons:

It's iconic.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

And actually no, the spin has been comics canon too.

Attachment 90991

Attachment 90992
    I said relevant not that the Carter show was the only time it was used. It only made sense in the Carter show.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 01-02-2020 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I said relevant not that the Carter show was the only time it was used. It only made sense in the Carter show.
    Phonogram12 already showed you that's not true.

Phonogram12 already showed you that's not true.

Again, that is not what I was talking about.

There is not really anything in the comics that would lead to it not making sense being present there.

It (and the lasso transformation) are fun and iconic. Let them exist, nothing in superhero comics makes sense. They run on Rule of Cool, and this visual thing in a visual medium is fun and cool.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    There is not really anything in the comics that would lead to it not making sense being present there.

It (and the lasso transformation) are fun and iconic. Let them exist, nothing in superhero comics makes sense. They run on Rule of Cool, and this visual thing in a visual medium is fun and cool.
    I feel there's a difference between saying superhero comics don't make sense and saying they don't have to make sense.

The former I think sounds rather unintentionally disparaging to the genre.

I think some of the extra abilities on the lasso are a bit much, but the spin transformation is pretty harmless I think. The only "justification" they need to give for it is that its a fun and quick way to change costumes and Diana enjoys doing it.
    Last edited by Valentonis; 01-04-2020 at 08:07 AM.

I love the twirl. You need some whimsy in these stories.

I feel there's a difference between saying superhero comics don't make sense and saying they don't have to make sense.

Not really. They simply don't make sense if you're trying to apply real world logic to the fantastical elements, which make up a sizeable chunk of the content. This includes stuff like the Wonder Spin.

Maybe "not making sense" isn't the right way to put it, because there should be internal logic with stuff like characterization, themes and plot. But these are fantasy stories about people with super powers who exist in a world with several alien races, gods and magic. Saying it doesn't make sense for for Diana to do something silly but fun like the Wonder Spin outside of the tv series seems like an odd stance to take.

Diana pants or no pants? With Rebirth it's a good balance. I mean there is proof that some parts around the world amazons did were similar to Greco-Roman

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Diana pants or no pants? With Rebirth it's a good balance. I mean there is proof that some parts around the world amazons did were similar to Greco-Roman
    I used to be team pants, but the battle skirt is not so bad now that we’ve had it for a bit. However, I still think swimsuit is the best ‘cause I’m a fan of the star-spangled bottom, lol.

It’s oldschool, not as old as the dress, but iconic from its age and I’m helplessly nostalgic.

But if we have to get the pants, I’m not losing any sleep over it.
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 01-04-2020 at 08:29 PM.

Well fiction in general does. any story will fall apart when over-analyzed. You will reach a point where the story ends, and there will be things that can't be explained without writing more story. Why does Diana wear X? Is there an actual established reason at all?

I wonder how do you guys feel about Dc many times gone back and forth with Dianas feats?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I wonder how do you guys feel about Dc many times gone back and forth with Dianas feats?
    Not a fan. The lack of stability in general is a huge problem, though I rank Diana's inconsistent power showings much further down that list than things like her supporting cast, setting, rogues, and love interest/s.

This is also part of why I support the idea of changing how we look at Diana's powers. Her powers are measured against Superman's. She's in his weight class and is supposed to be his physical equal, all by Marston's original design.....which is great, except for the fact that this big aspect of the character is dependent on a male character from a completely different franchise. If Clark gets de-powered then Diana has to as well. If Clark gets more powerful, Diana has to as well. And Diana (or rather her creative team and editors) have no real say in the matter. Seems to me Wonder Woman's powers shouldn't be based on what her male peers can do. I mean, no one gets to be stronger than Clark, that's his thing, and everyone in DC has to abide by whatever ceiling Clark sets. But when Diana has to be a mirror reflection of Clark's strength she has even less control over her own.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.