Page 11 of 437 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Technically Diana's weakness is her emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    That's fine, and it might just be me, but phrasing like that makes it sound like she needs a man to sort out her womanly feelings.

When it comes to humanity that's Diana weakness. She wouldn't want Cheetah killing anyone. Or heck having Diana being focused to kill would also be a weakness.

All-New Member

I really don't care about Wonder Woman's movies taking place during wars (IE - WW1 and Cold War).

I generally find period pieces to be boring and I don't think I want to wait till the likely final WW movie in the trilogy to be set in present day. And it's a shame that Wonder Woman was a smurfette for most of her film. Her sequel might follow the same root. I know we have Cheetah but strictly talking characters who aren't villains to Diana, it seems like she is yet again gonna be a lone female in her story unless Connie Nielsen gets a much bigger role and tags along with her daughter or they introduce someone else.

Oh and being set in WW1 hurt WW's box office potential. If they allowed it to be more of a fantasy film and have more room for spectacle (IE - showing off more of Wonder Woman's island and having grand fantasy set pieces and probably more emphasis on Diana's relationship with her parental figures) like Aquaman, I think it could have made so much more both domestically and overseas. I'm not expecting Wonder Woman's overseas box office to grow that much in the sequel either.

Aquaman has made almost 800M overseas so far and it made a monster 300M in China alone, and if you take away China from Aquaman's overseas gross he has currently made about 500M overseas. While Wonder Woman made about 320M overseas minus China. You can't use the whole "tainted brand" argument because Aquaman was coming off a meh Justice League and by extension Wonder Woman while being well loved Domestically, didn't make that much overseas either.

Extraordinary Member

So what should be Diana's weakness? Honestly the best way to handle her being pierced is she can't die but it does hurt. She is okay not matter where she stab her.

I wonder why many times it's the older amazons being scared due to their time in the outside world. I don't mind that.
    Bullets, as I mentioned before.

I also prefer Diana's lasso to have a mind control aspect, and sense Diana wouldn't have an immunity to it, the could also be considered a weakness from a certain point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Bullets, as I mentioned before.

I also prefer Diana's lasso to have a mind control aspect, and sense Diana wouldn't have an immunity to it, the could also be considered a weakness from a certain point of view
    Diana's lasso original in a sense did. In the lasso had people do whatever the wielder said. Do you think Diana should die by the bullets?

Extraordinary Member

Diana's lasso original in a sense did. In the lasso had people do whatever the wielder said. Do you think Diana should die by the bullets?
    I think Diana should be vulnerable to bullets, and as such it would be theoretically possible for her to die from a gun

Astonishing Member

Honestly, to me, this just kind of sounds like a cop out. Her weakness is that she just cares too much? That just sounds like not wanting to give her an actual physical weakness because people think she should be invincible.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Diana doesn't need a weakness other than equally powerful beings.
    I'm okay with this. Or *gasp!* even more powerful ones.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I'm okay with this. Or *gasp!* even more powerful ones.
    As well as the occasional super powerful spell or weapon.

So if we go back to bullets being her weakness . How should Dc handle this ? I mean rebirth they go back and forth if they can kill her or now. DC handled it well. They can’t kill her but they hurt. Should she die by bullets?

So if we go back to bullets being her weakness . How should Dc handle this ? I mean rebirth they go back and forth if they can kill her or now. DC handled it well. They can’t kill her but they hurt. Should she die by bullets?
    If I had my way, only specially made bullets could pierce her skin, and only really rare ones could actually kill her.

Astonishing Member

Maybe while one or even a few bullets can't kill her (even the armor piercing kind) enough of them can? Like a whole barrage? Of course she's fast enough to block most any of them with her bracelets, but just so long as she sees them coming. Otherwise, those bracelets really aren't much more than decoration if she's entirely invulnerable to gunfire.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Maybe while one or even a few bullets can't kill her (even the armor piercing kind) enough of them can? Like a whole barrage? Of course she's fast enough to block most any of them with her bracelets, but just so long as she sees them coming. Otherwise, those bracelets really aren't much more than decoration if she's entirely invulnerable to gunfire.
    What's wrong with them just being decoration then?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What's wrong with them just being decoration then?
    That's fine then. Just so long as she never actually uses them to deflect anything ever again then when she could just use her invulnerable body to shield innocents.

Let's remember that when she was introduced, it was never about her being in danger and needing to deflect bullets, it's that bullets were such a little danger to Amazons that it was a literal game that they would play.