Page 111 of 439 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 6573

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Is Diana going back in time? I thought it was more of just acknowledging that she was there back then. Also, maybe she'll date someone from the JSA?~
    Don't really know, I'm a little foggy on the details but that's what I got from it. One of the reasons I picked bronze Tiger on the other thread was because of the symmetry to Hippolyta's JSA relationship with Ted Grant/Wildcat. They're both fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Don't really know, I'm a little foggy on the details but that's what I got from it. One of the reasons I picked bronze Tiger on the other thread was because of the symmetry to Hippolyta's JSA relationship with Ted Grant/Wildcat. They're both fighters.
    Got to be honest, I don't think she should be going back in time. Pretty sure the JSA are back in the current time because of Doomsday Clock, so she can be here and still have someone else carry the mantle. I dunno, just not a fan of the idea of her doing sort of a reverse Jon kent with the Legion of Superheroes. Plus, wouldn't that just mess with the timeline if she went back and started messing around? I mean, Dr. Manhattan just finished fixing everything.

Pretty sure there's no time travel involved. She's just really old like other incarnations and will have made her first appearance on Earth in the 40s with the rest of the JSA in the new timeline. At some point she leaves Man's World, then returns sometime around the start of the next Age of Superheroes marked by Superman's arrival.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-14-2020 at 10:23 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Pretty sure there's no time travel involved. She's just really old like other incarnations and will have made her first appearance on Earth in the 40s with the rest of the JSA in the new timeline. At some point she leaves Man's World, then returns sometime around the start of the next Age of Superheroes marked by Superman's arrival.
    Oh okay, I think I came to the time travel thing because we were talking about how to keep the Rebirth origin intact when 5G was first announced.

I think the idea is that the origin just happens decades sooner, with whatever tweaks are needed to make it fit the new era.

Whether they keep Rucka's origin or insert a new one.....I guess that'll be answered in 750, but my thought is that Snyder is creating a new origin. He's got the pull to dictate his narratives and overrule other creators' work and rumor says he's got his sights on Diana, so him giving her a new origin seems almost inevitable. And Rucka doesn't seem to have the influence to stop it, even if he has any interest in keeping his work part of canon.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

The basic template of what her new origin looks to be is actually really close to one I've thought of in my head for an alternate Earth, honestly. I have no problem with the general idea. That it comes only a few years after her latest origin change in the main verse is really the most vexing thing about it. In theory I like it just fine. In a vacuum I think it sounds kinda cool, one of the few things that I think do regarding things we've heard so far about this new set up leading to 5G. Its the supposed later time jump leading to 5G that concerns me the most.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

So Aquaman is getting his own cartoon. Yet nothing for Diana. I hope she gets her own cartoon

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    So Aquaman is getting his own cartoon. Yet nothing for Diana. I hope she gets her own cartoon
    Maybe something will be discussed after they see the reception to WW1984?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    To be fair, it's a miniseries that's only supposed to have 3 episodes. I'd rather Wonder Woman get a real series like Harley Quinn.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Maybe something will be discussed after they see the reception to WW1984?
    The first movie was a critical and commercial success, and they followed it up with...nothing.

Crisis on Infinite Earths had multiple Supermen, Batwoman, two Atoms, the Justice League Flash, and then they ended it by showing us clips from Titans, Doom Patrol, Swamp Thing, a shot of Oa and...no Diana. Not a sign of Lynda Carter or even a clip of Gal Gadot. Nothing.

I have no hope of DC following up a 2nd movie with anything either

Well, she's a woman! Women can't sell movies or toys or tv shows! Just look at her first film, or Captain Marvel, or how completely not excited people are for Black Widow, or......wait.......

(that was sarcasm, btw, obviously I dont actually believe any of that).

I didn't expect anything after her first film, honestly. WB seemed to think that movie was a loss they could write off on taxes and ignored it. Which is probably why it was so good. Its success likely caught them off guard completely. But you'd think they'd be a little more prepared to capitalize on the sequel. It's early though, sort of. They might have stuff they'll announce after WW84 has hit, when the hype is at its peak.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    The first movie was a critical and commercial success, and they followed it up with...nothing.

Crisis on Infinite Earths had multiple Supermen, Batwoman, two Atoms, the Justice League Flash, and then they ended it by showing us clips from Titans, Doom Patrol, Swamp Thing, a shot of Oa and...no Diana. Not a sign of Lynda Carter or even a clip of Gal Gadot. Nothing.

I have no hope of DC following up a 2nd movie with anything either
    Well she was a playable and main character storywise in Injustice 2 when the movie came out they even gave her a movie costume in the game. Maybe they will do another game & add things from 84

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    Well she was a playable and main character storywise in Injustice 2 when the movie came out they even gave her a movie costume in the game. Maybe they will do another game & add things from 84
    Here's hoping 84 doesn't have a pants costume with giant stars on the hips.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    Yeah but she was also written horribly and made a lot of people hate her.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Yeah but she was also written horribly and made a lot of people hate her.
    Yeah, lots of people hated her in the Injustice earth. She came off like she was siding with Superman just for some sex. She was written way, way too lovestruck.